Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

LCFC V Spurs Match Thread 2020

2 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Martin Tyler. How can you sleep? You embarrassing dick head.

I'm too embarrassed to quote him.

Neville's awkward laughter said it all.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, MGLCFC said:

Can't believe people pull out team and players to bits so much. 5th, a cup semi final and quarter final to me is a great season. Certainly would have taken that a year ago. Yes it's disappointing from where we were, but it's still a hugely successful season.

We’re most likely not going to qualify for the Champions League when it looked almost impossible not to do so.

As a side we’ve absolutely collapsed in the space of six months and it’s understandable why supporters are upset.

• Like 3

We've got too many injuries and we haven't made any attempt to replace Mahrez properly. Until these things change we will struggle, I would also question if any other club with top six aspirations would have given 36 year old wes morgan a new contract ?

• Like 2

Just now, Gerard said:

Remember our goals count double as it will be +1 Leicester, -1 Man Utd.

We need West Ham to keep it down to a two goal defeat. 

Oh yeah haha. Tbh Rashford, Martial et.al running at Morgan and Bennett kinda makes the whole thing redundant 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MGLCFC said:

Can't believe people pull out team and players to bits so much. 5th, a cup semi final and quarter final to me is a great season. Certainly would have taken that a year ago. Yes it's disappointing from where we were, but it's still a hugely successful season.

Agree - feels like many are forgetting the much, much darker days and failing to appreciate what an exciting side we have to watch develop over the next 3 to 4 years.

Yes it’s been a massive climb down from the start to the season - but this league is so close in terms of quality of you drop a level or two you will suffer. 

The key in these scenarios is to pick out those players that show the right fight and spirit regardless - and replace the ones that don’t.

3 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

We’re most likely not going to qualify for the Champions League when it looked almost impossible not to do so.

As a side we’ve absolutely collapsed in the space of six months and it’s understandable why supporters are upset.

Agreed, and who knows it might be our best chance for many years, that's the frustrating thing for me, Utd/MCity/Liverpool fans would be disappointed if they missed out but they know the next season there's a good chance they'll be back in the CL, for us it's unlikely.

Edited by purpleronnie
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dnewty said:

We've got too many injuries and we haven't made any attempt to replace Mahrez properly. Until these things change we will struggle, I would also question if any other club with top six aspirations would have given 36 year old wes morgan a new contract ?

And purchased Bennett for £5,000,000!

:beer: