Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

LCFC V Spurs Match Thread 2020

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Second consecutive shit Sunday ....one more to come .....

1 minute ago, Stephen Hughes said:

Ohhh many more to come in sure

Yep because we are in the Euro losers league, we play and probably lose every Sunday after a long flight back from Israel.

7 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

3rd choice leftback and 2nd choice rightback and 2nd choice CB, and people are surprised we are struggling!

Yeah, keep bringing up our second string defence as much as you want mate. At this level, you cannot capitulate in such a naïve fashion as we did at Bournemouth and as we've done during the first 45 minutes this game. It's alright making excuses when we've played well, been unlucky or have shown some inexperience, but fact of the matter is that only Thomas and Justin can be considered inexperienced. Either way, our weakness was obvious and known before we kicked off, yet Rodgers has not tried to adjust the squad accordingly. Why have we left this makeshift defense so exposed against a team whose strengths are in attack? It beggars belief and frankly, you have to expect better from a top 6 team with a supposed class manager.

2 minutes ago, adam said:

We havnt looked like scoring though. 

Nachos had a good shot. Apart from him, no one else had a decent shot second half. He should have started with Perez who was pretty good before he was subbed out.

7 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

This season's gone. It's next I'm worried about.

That is a little dramatic, it depends what you're expecting from us. Would like to think that the downturn in form and low morale won't carry over into next season like it usually does, but considering how condensed the season has been since restart, next season will be like having 3 new signings with Ricardo, Chilwell and Maddison back. I'd settle for a comfortable mid table if we go far in Europe, which admittedly is a bit unambitous.

Especially when Wolves have actually done better than their previous season.....

Edited by Walkers
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Come on fella. Clutching at straws here. Defensively we have been worse than shocking. That's why we are losing 3-0. Nothing else. 

Not denying we've been poor but the points stand. One offside the other was a foul. 

2 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Yep because we are in the Euro losers league, we play and probably lose every Sunday after a long flight back from Israel.

You must 12 with that attitude. It's europe ffs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, shen said:

Let's not pretend we're a poor club. We've flexed our financial muscles on several occasions, not least on our way to the PL. Also, the income from CL football is rather secondary to the TV income from the PL. Yes, it would be a nice bonus, but it hasn't stopped us from competing for the top six since our title win, has it?

I didn't say we were poor, did I? I was implying that we don't have as much money as others and that we didn't spend a feckin bean in January. As for all these mighty pennies we spent in winning the title, why don't you remind me how much we spent? Because we weren't being assembled like some Jack Walker odyssey we're we? 

2 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

You must 12 with that attitude. It's europe ffs.

Its bollocks. It's clear to see our squad needs serious investment to compete in that waste of time. We dont have the money.

Relegation battle next year, our squad cant compete for 38 games let alone the extra nonsense. Needs big investment, doubt we can afford it.

6 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

I am sorry but I really cannot stand the lack of urgency and wanting to try their best to attack. What is all this backpassing as if we are 3-0 up?????

It felt as if the players/staff didn't realise goal difference was on the line.

It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't. 

So much promise in the first half of the season only to go tits up at the end.  If we would have started crap and come good towards the end, I would have been far more positive.  It just goes to show that a lack of depth in the squad has killed us.