Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bonanza

The OH Leuven Thread 2020/21

2 hours ago, Bonanza said:

Romo did a decent job yesterday.

You need a good 2nd goalkeeper who can step up in case of injuries, suspensions or loss of form so it definitely was the right decision to sign Romo even though we already had Iversen.

We spent a fortune on our back up, after some fairly average performances from previous cover for Kasper. I think it is the only way if you are serious (as a club) about maximising your season.

• Like 2

Interview with Kamal Sowah on the OHL-website:

Sowah: “OHL's a great fit for me”

Earlier this season OH Leuven won their home game against Standard de Liège. On Saterday OHL proved they can also be a “gaint killer” in an away game. Kamal Sowah was one of the leading players In both games.

- Kamal Sowah scored twice in the Ghelamco Arena and helped his team win the three points against last year's runners-up.
- The
Ghanaian signed a long term-deal with Leicester City FC last week, but for the time being he feels great at Leuven.
- Kamal's childhood dream to become a Premier League player remains intact.

“It's always fun to score twice. Especially when it helps the team win the game.” Kamal Sowah really did help his team win in the Ghelamco Arena. Just before half time, the Ghanaian wonderkid broke the deadlock with a shot that totally surprise goalie Davy Roef. In the beginning of the second half Sowah kept his cool and scored after a great counterattack

“The manager told us during half time to keep searching for a third goal, We managed to do so after a great counterattack, thanks to great work from Xavier Mercier and Thomas Henry, Their work put me in a one-on-one situation with the keeper and I scored the 0-3 ”, Sowah explains. Between Kamal's goals, Mathieu Maertens also scored after some great work from Thomas Henry,

With three goals in seven games Sowah is OH Leuven's top goalscorer. Last season it took him 28 games to score that amount. The Ghanaian has been sitting on cloud nine for a while now. To top it off, he signed a long-term deal with Leicester City. “I'm very honored. It proves they believe in me, They trust in my abilities and i don't want to betray that trust. Ever since I was a little kid, a dreamed of becoming a Premier League player,

“I have to make sure I keep playing well for OH Leuven and that I keep helping the team. I really feel great here, both on and off the pitch. We have a great group of players and a great coaching staff who constantly makes us better, both individually and as a team, This is a great club, so for the time being OHL' a great fit for me,

Edited by Bonanza
  • Like 1

Results  and standings after week 7

KV Kortrijk 1-3 Antwerp
Beerschot 3-2 Waasland-Beveren
KV Mechelen 2-0 STVV
KAA Gent 2-3 OH Leuven
Standard 2-2 Zulte Waregem
Anderlecht 1-1 KAS Eupen
Club Brugge 2-1 Cercle Brugge
Excel Moeskroen 1-1 Charleroi
KRC Genk 2-2 KV Oostende

P   TEAM PTS GP W L D GF GA GD
1   Charleroi  19 7 6 0 1 13 3 10
2   Club Brugge  15 7 5 2 0 18 5 13
3   Beerschot  15 7 5 2 0 15 12 3
4   Standard  14 7 4 1 2 10 5 5
5   Anderlecht  13 7 3 0 4 15 9 6
6   Antwerp  11 7 3 2 2 11 10 1
7   OH Leuven  11 7 3 2 2 11 11 0
8   KV Kortrijk  10 7 3 3 1 9 9 0
9   Cercle Brugge  9 7 3 4 0 9 9 0
10   KV Oostende  9 7 2 2 3 9 8 1
11   KRC Genk  9 7 2 2 3 11 12 -1
12   KAS Eupen  8 7 1 1 5 7 10 -3
13   KV Mechelen  7 7 2 4 1 8 10 -2
14   Zulte Waregem  7 7 2 4 1 9 16 -7
15   KAA Gent  6 7 2 5 0 7 10 -3
16   STVV  5 7 1 4 2 6 13 -7
17   Waasland-Beveren  3 7 1 6 0 11 21 -10
18   Excel Moeskroen  3 7 0 4 3 3 9 -6

Next week's fixtures:

Antwerp - KV Mechelen
Waasland-Beveren - KRC Genk
OH Leuven - Zulte Waregem
KAS Eupen - Cercle Brugge
STVV - KV Kortrijk
Club Brugge - Anderlecht
KAA Gent - Beerschot
Charleroi - Standard
KV Oostende - Excel Moeskroen

..the team seems sluggish and in two minds when the are on the ball!!!

The opposition is there for the taking but absolutely no composure from OHL either in attack or defense. They should be looking to bring the ball out and counter instead of whacking it up field and hoping for the best.

OHL looks rather nervous to me.

• Like 1