Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bonanza

The OH Leuven Thread 2020/21

2 hours ago, Lizhang said:

It's funny you would say that, because we haven't seen better linking for... i think... ever? I've only been going to OHL games since 15 years or so, but in that time, i have never seen any OHL squad do a better job. Considering this is for the most part the same team as last years, the difference is night and day.

To be clear, i'm specifically talking about the link up play. We've had flashier countering squads, more dominance in the box, even a better through-ball... but specifically linking? I don't think so.

I can’t disagree with that as I said they played well I just thought there was a few times in and around the penalty area where the final pass was not completed so a chance was missed, it wasn’t to suggest they were poor with their link up play overall. LCFC have the same problem some great link up play until they get to the box.

i enjoyed the game as well and I’ve not said that very often about LCFC recently.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, davieG said:

I can’t disagree with that as I said they played well I just thought there was a few times in and around the penalty area where the final pass was not completed so a chance was missed, it wasn’t to suggest they were poor with their link up play overall. LCFC have the same problem some great link up play until they get to the box.

i enjoyed the game as well and I’ve not said that very often about LCFC recently.

Oh, my comment wasn't a dig at you, hope you didn't take it the wrong way. I simply meant it's already better than i can remember. So we haven't been spoiled (spoilt?) in the past.

Edited by Lizhang
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Lizhang said:

Oh, my comment wasn't a dig at you, hope you didn't take it the wrong way. I simply meant it's already better than i can remember. So we haven't been spoiled (spoilt?) in the past.

I didn't take it as a dig, it's just football chat, sometimes hard to do in writing without writing a whole essay. Likewise i wasn't trying to be overly critical.

We're good.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lizhang said:

Both versions work fine but most will use "spoilt", your English is excellent better than many posters on Foxestalk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

Iversen did really well. He looks very confident. I can really see why Leicester thinks he can replace Schmeichel in a couple of years. Lots of potential!

Sowah has been nothing short of amazing. He has realy flourished under the new manager, who plays him more as a CAM instead as a winger. I really had my doubts about him in the past, but now he's one of our best players. If he keeps developing like this he may one day be good enough for Leicester's squad.

Only 20 as well

Contract runs out next summer so I wouldn’t be surprised to see him joining you “permanently” at some point before then

Then if he does continue to develop he will probably join us for an undisclosed fee

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

According to this website he has a contract until June 2025

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/daniel-iversen/profil/spieler/260841

Signed a long new deal in Feb while at Rotherham

https://www.lcfc.com/news/1627064/daniel-iversen-signs-new-longterm-deal/press-release

Shows the club certainly believe he is going to be good

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bonanza said:

Iversen did really well. He looks very confident. I can really see why Leicester thinks he can replace Schmeichel in a couple of years. Lots of potential!

Sowah has been nothing short of amazing. He has realy flourished under the new manager, who plays him more as a CAM instead as a winger. I really had my doubts about him in the past, but now he's one of our best players. If he keeps developing like this he may one day be good enough for Leicester's squad.

What has happened to Maertens? Saw he started on the bench today. Hasn't he been (one of) the best player at your club over the past couple of seasons?

2 hours ago, shen said:

What has happened to Maertens? Saw he started on the bench today. Hasn't he been (one of) the best player at your club over the past couple of seasons?

Maertens has been injured for the last couple of weeks. This was his first game back but he only trained with the team for a few days last week. Definitely one of our best and most consistent players over the last seasons. With 2-3 more incoming players expected, we will have a very good bench also. No luxury with all the injuries we have already endured.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, shen said:

3 hours ago, leuven said:

Maertens has been injured for the last couple of weeks. This was his first game back but he only trained with the team for a few days last week. Definitely one of our best and most consistent players over the last seasons. With 2-3 more incoming players expected, we will have a very good bench also. No luxury with all the injuries we have already endured.

Yes, like Leuven has said, he has been very important for us the past 3 seasons (how time flies). He got injured the first half of the first game of the new season. I expect him to fight his way back into the squad. He is a very intelligent player, he also appears to have 3 sets of lungs.

• Like 1

Results and standing after week 5:

KAS Eupen 2-1 KAA Gent
KV Mechelen 0-1 KV Oostende
OH Leuven 1-0 Standard
Club Brugge 4-1 Waasland-Beveren
Anderlecht 2-0 Cercle Brugge
STVV 2-3 Antwerp
Zulte Waregem 0-2 Charleroi
KV Kortrijk 3-0 Excel Moeskroen
Beerschot 5-2 KRC Genk

P   Team PTS GP W L D GF GA GD
1   Charleroi  15 5 5 0 0 9 1 8
2   Beerschot  12 5 4 1 0 11 7 4
3   Standard  10 5 3 1 1 6 2 4
4   KV Kortrijk  10 5 3 1 1 7 4 3
5   Club Brugge  9 5 3 2 0 10 4 6
6   Anderlecht  9 5 2 0 3 10 6 4
7   OH Leuven  8 5 2 1 2 7 6 1
8   Antwerp  7 5 2 2 1 6 7 -1
9   Zulte Waregem  6 5 2 3 0 7 8 -1
10   Cercle Brugge  6 5 2 3 0 5 7 -2
11   KAS Eupen  6 5 1 1 3 4 7 -3
12   KV Oostende  5 5 1 2 2 4 5 -1
13   STVV  5 5 1 2 2 6 8 -2
14   KRC Genk  5 5 1 2 2 6 9 -3
15   KV Mechelen  4 5 1 3 1 5 7 -2
16   KAA Gent  3 5 1 4 0 4 7 -3
17   Waasland-Beveren  3 5 1 4 0 7 14 -7
18   Excel Moeskroen  2 5 0 3 2 2 7 -5

Next week's fixtures;

Charleroi - Beerschot
KV Oostende - OH Leuven
Excel Moeskroen - KAA Gent
Waasland-Beveren - Anderlecht
Zulte Waregem - Club Brugge
Standard - KV Kortrijk
KRC Genk - KV Mechelen
Antwerp - KAS Eupen
Cercle Brugge - STVV
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Looks like Sowah and Iversen both played well. Great result for OHL!

Sowah looks to have a very good first touch and turn of pace. I think he'll need another 2 seasons in Belgium after this to apply for Belgian residency, although if Ghana call him up soon a work permit might be more obtainable within the next year.