Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bonanza

The OH Leuven Thread 2020/21

...Gent looked the better team...at 3 - 0 up I felt that Gent could still win!!!

First pen was just ridiculous, it does not matter how much they change the rule it still makes no sense. Second Pen. was a poor decision to make the tackle, you could see he knew he had messed up.

OHL sitting off was their downfall, sending long balls up front for someone to get on to only for it to come back with interest, so much better when someone picked it up and carried it and support was there, as Gent were poor in defence.

Nerve racking finish, glad we held out.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Gent looked the better team...at 3 - 0 up I felt that Gent could still win!!!

First pen was just ridiculous, it does not matter how much they change the rule it still makes no sense. Second Pen. was a poor decision to make the tackle, you could see he knew he had messed up.

OHL sitting off was their downfall, sending long balls up front for someone to get on to only for it to come back with interest, so much better when someone picked it up and carried it and support was there, as Gent were poor in defence.

Nerve racking finish, glad we held out.

Agreed!

Our 0-2 lead at half time was very flattered, 0-0 would've been correct. We score an early goal to go up 0-3 and then stopped playing football.

But I have to say, without this ref Gent has no chance to even score a goal against us!

First he refuses to give a clear red card to Gent's striker. The first penalty is an absolute joke and the second one is even worse. Our players clearly fouled their player OUTSIDE the box.

To top it off, we get 8 minutes of extra time!

Absoluty disgusting what the refs are doing to us this season!!!

Edited by Bonanza
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

How is the other keeper going? seems like the second goalkeeper signing was a smart move...

another great result. It's a really good start to the season, by the looks of it.

Romo did a decent job yesterday.

You need a good 2nd goalkeeper who can step up in case of injuries, suspensions or loss of form so it definitely was the right decision to sign Romo even though we already had Iversen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

Keep going boys.  I notice the other promoted team, Beerschot, have also had a stunning start to the season - now second with 15 pts. 

Any reason both promoted teams are doing so well?

To be fair, the top teams of the 2nd division can easily compete with the bottom teams of the 1st division. But the fact that we're doing this well is a bit surprising.

In our case, a lot of credit goes to our manager (in my opinion). He has really transformed this team.

2 hours ago, Gresley Fox said:

What would happen if both Leuven and Lcfc both got into the Europa League in 21-22? Would they both be able to play?

I think it depends on the structure of the ownership.

Although didn't RB Leipzig and RB Salzburg play eachother in the Europa League a couple of seasons ago?