Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bonanza

The OH Leuven Thread 2020/21

9 minutes ago, Frost said:

Should he want an injury prone player? Weird.

No, just in general there isn’t any risk for them. If he gets injured that’s bad luck but they aren’t any worse off than before the loan. 

Would you be against a promising player coming here without us paying a penny if they had a history of injuries? 

10 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

It's not about the money, it's about this move being the right one for all parties involved. The fact that he has zero 1st team experience worries me the most. This reminds me of George Hirst's situation all over again.

Personally, I really think the step from Leicester's development squad to our 1st team is too big. At his positions (striker/winger) we already have Henry, Perbet, Mercier, Sowah, Osabutey, Croizet,... . I doubt he'll be good enough to compete with these guys for a spot in the starting eleven, so he'll be a bench player at best. I don't mind loan deals as long as the player coming in on loan has an impact on the squad.

At his age he needs to play regular 1st team football so he can develop his game. I would've send him out on loan to a League One or Two side like Leicester has done with Iversen, Hughes, Dewsbury-Hall,... were his chances of 1st team football would be much greater.

The injury-proneness is also a factor as we already have a lot of guys who are currently injured. Why would you replace an injured player with a player who is also injury-prone? It makes no sense.

This is just my personal opinion and I really hope Josh Eppiah can prove me wrong

In terms of his quality you could end up being correct but honestly, the fans that actually go to the under 23s have raved about this guy for years. 

Many claimed he was the best of our crop and unfortunately for him his injuries prevented him from progressing. 

Considering he was playing with Barnes, Hamza and Chillwell the fact that he stood out must mean he’s got something about him. 

The club is on both sides and obviously would only make this happen if they think it benefits both sides, so the feeling must be that he will be good enough to get minutes with you.

Time will tell but I’m really hopeful that he will eventually have a first team future with us still. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, moore_94 said:

“The efforts of the OHL subscribers are rewarded. Thanks to their exemplary behavior, we can receive a maximum of 3,500 fans at OH Leuven - Zulte Waregem!”

2 weeks ago (against Standard) only 2000 fans were allowed. This amount was way to small, so I'm happy they upped it to 3500.  I believe this means all our season ticket holders are allowed to watch the game.

Our stadium has a capacity of 10.000 seats, so if 1/3 of those seats are filled we can still respect the social distancing rules

• Like 3

On 24/09/2020 at 20:34, Lambert09 said:

If it’s a loan deal, one which you presumably  aren’t paying anything for, then why does it matter if he’s injury prone? 

Well, considering the COVID situation in the summer saw to it that we couldn't unload about a dozen players we wouldn't need in first division (couldn't get rid of them just in case we'd be sent back to 2nd division), that means we already have a team that is bursting with players we can't use (be it injured or unfit for 1st div). So we already have a large group of players, and yet we are struggling to fit 11 on the sheet every week. Also, let's say we put some energy in fitting in a promising player, who then drops out with an injury, it could end up being counterproductive and we might have been better off with a slightly worse player, who we could depend on, and who would be able to integrate into the attacking flow, and be able to find his teammates blindfolded on automated pilot after a number of games. Which is much harder to do with a player who is injured very often. We have passed the point where we can just add players to the squad and hope they come good. The group is too big as it is, and we specifically need players that can make a difference.

That said, i have no idea if he is actually that injury prone? Is this like Kompany or Robben, who walk onto the pitch, play 15 minutes and need to get subbed? Or did he just have some bad luck and was he out with one or two big injuries? Not too concerned about having 1st team experience. Kapustka had that and i wouldn't want him back. It's a different league anyway, so adjustments would always be needed. Our coach seems rather good at fitting players into his system, if the kid has got what it takes, i don't think it'll be a problem. I'd take him over a guy with actual 1st team experience, who will lose all motivation after being sent "down" to Belgian 1st div. as was the case with Kapustka. I could see Eppiah in fact be very motivated coming back to Belgium, assuming he still has some friends/family here who will now be able to see him play.

Edited by Lizhang
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Lizhang said:

Well, considering the COVID situation in the summer saw to it that we couldn't unload about a dozen players we wouldn't need in first division (couldn't get rid of them just in case we'd be sent back to 2nd division), that means we already have a team that is bursting with players we can't use (be it injured or unfit for 1st div). So we already have a large group of players, and yet we are struggling to fit 11 on the sheet every week. Also, let's say we put some energy in fitting in a promising player, who then drops out with an injury, it could end up being counterproductive and we might have been better off with a slightly worse player, who we could depend on, and who would be able to integrate into the attacking flow, and be able to find his teammates blindfolded on automated pilot after a number of games. Which is much harder to do with a player who is injured very often. We have passed the point where we can just add players to the squad and hope they come good. The group is too big as it is, and we specifically need players that can make a difference.

That said, i have no idea if he is actually that injury prone? Is this like Kompany or Robben, who walk onto the pitch, play 15 minutes and need to get subbed? Or did he just have some bad luck and was he out with one or two big injuries? Not too concerned about having 1st team experience. Kapustka had that and i wouldn't want him back. It's a different league anyway, so adjustments would always be needed. Our coach seems rather good at fitting players into his system, if the kid has got what it takes, i don't think it'll be a problem. I'd take him over a guy with actual 1st team experience, who will lose all motivation after being sent "down" to Belgian 1st div. as was the case with Kapustka. I could see Eppiah in fact be very motivated coming back to Belgium, assuming he still has some friends/family here who will now be able to see him play.

Yeah I think the term ‘injury prone’ gets thrown around for anyone that’s had a few serious injuries. He has basically had a couple of long term injuries (I’m not sure if they were linked) Hopefully they are a thing of the past and he’s getting a fresh start.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Cant watch you tonight, the hotel wifi isnt good enough for streaming, but im with you in spirit.

Brandy, Gin, Rum, Tequila, Vodka, and Whiskey?

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Frost said:

Sowah puts Leuven 1-0 up at Gent. He's in great form.

Horrible goalkeeping, but I'm not complaining. Lots of swerve on the ball as well, might have been that.

Not the best of halves, but if you're 0-2 up, you're doing well. :D

• Like 3