Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bonanza

The OH Leuven Thread 2020/21

OH Leuven miss the chance to go 1st and remain 7th for now as they lose 4-2 to Beerschot, who incidentally do climb up to 1st

It is possible that Leuven could actually drop down to 10th tomorrow if results go against them

400FEE70-E9CF-4BA1-9A2F-38D03611E430.jpeg

Edited by moore_94
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Not a bad game, shame about the result. 4 goals flatters Beerschot. 2 good saves from their keeper and hit the woodwork.

Was it a second penalty or was the first retaken, I couldn't tell?

I think their goalie came of his line to soon

• Like 1

Results and standings after week 11:

KRC Genk 4-0 KAS Eupen
Beerschot 4-2 OH Leuven
Charleroi 3-0 Cercle Brugge
Club Brugge 2-2 KV Mechelen
Anderlecht 1-0 Antwerp
Excel Moeskroen PP STVV
Standard 1-0 KV Oostende
Waasland-Beveren 1-4 KAA Gent
Zulte Waregem 1-1 KV Kortrijk

P   TEAM PTS GP W L D GF GA GD
1   Charleroi  22 10 7 2 1 18 7 11
2   Beerschot  21 11 7 4 0 28 25 3
3   Standard  21 11 6 2 3 14 9 5
4   Club Brugge  20 11 6 3 2 25 10 15
5   Antwerp  20 11 6 3 2 21 15 6
6   Anderlecht  20 11 5 1 5 21 15 6
7   KRC Genk  19 11 5 2 4 20 15 5
8   OH Leuven  18 11 5 3 3 19 19 0
9   Cercle Brugge  15 10 5 5 0 16 15 1
10   KV Oostende  15 10 4 3 3 15 9 6
11   KV Kortrijk  15 11 4 4 3 13 14 -1
12   KAA Gent  12 11 4 7 0 19 19 0
13   KAS Eupen  11 10 2 3 5 10 16 -6
14   STVV  9 10 2 5 3 11 19 -8
15   KV Mechelen  8 10 2 6 2 12 18 -6
16   Zulte Waregem  8 11 2 7 2 12 25 -13
17   Waasland-Beveren  4 9 1 7 1 13 26 -13
18   Excel Moeskroen  3 9 0 6 3 3 14 -11

This week's fixtures:

KV Mechelen - Charleroi
KV Kortrijk - Beerschot
KAS Eupen - Waasland-Beveren
OH Leuven - Excel Moeskroen
STVV - KRC Genk
Antwerp - Standard
KV Oostende - Club Brugge
KAA Gent - Anderlecht
Cercle Brugge - Zulte Waregem
Edited by Bonanza
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Be very disappointing if Leuven don't win their next game

Well, strange things have happened against Moeskroen in the past.

Not even sure the game will be played this weekend as Moeskroen are having problems controlling the Coronavirus among their players.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Betelgeuze said:

Well, strange things have happened against Moeskroen in the past.

Not even sure the game will be played this weekend as Moeskroen are having problems controlling the Coronavirus among their players.

If the game isn't played, do they forefit and OHL get the points?

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Be very disappointing if Leuven don't win their next game

On paper we should win, but in real life it's harder than you think.

Moeskroen will park the bus and try to score from counterattacks, so it's very important to score first. If we can manage to go up 1-0 we should win the game, otherwise it might turn out to be a very frustrating game.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/not-dream-going-even-higher-form-striker-quizzed-desire-move-leicester-city/

“Why not dream of going even higher?” – In-form striker quizzed about desire to move to Leicester City
By Lucas Sposito - 3rd November 2020

The Belgian media brings a couple of stories today linking OH Leuven striker Thomas Henry to a possible move to Leicester City.

The truth is that the rumour came out of nowhere, other than the fact the Jupiler Pro League side have the same owners as the Foxes, and was started in an interview the player gave to Sport/Magazine.

They had been commenting with Thomas Henry about the Belgian players who’ve been featuring for Leicester, and after claiming he has the quality to play in the Premier League, they asked him if he’d face moving from Belgium to England as well.

“Leicester are very high, but we all always dream of playing for a big club one day”, Thomas Henry told Sport/Foot Magazine.

“Why would I refuse to have ambitions? There’s no reason to hide. Of course I want to. Do I have the level? It’s not for me to say. I’m already very happy with my journey, but why not dream of going even higher? In any case, Belgium taught me to like change. I would not be against taking advantage of my career to discover other countries, other cultures. I love living here in Leuven, I love your country and I realise that it makes me want to learn more about the world. “

Thomas Henry has five goals and two assists in 10 appearances for OH Heuven this season.

This is the first time he actually features on top level, as when playing for other clubs, he only played in France’s and Belgium’s second divisions.

Following these quotes, we now wait and see if some new rumours linking him to Leicester City will shot up in the winter or the summer transfer window.

We had a littke scare yesterday as KRC Genk wanted to sign our manager after their manager (Jess Thorup) signed for Copenhagen on Sunday.

Genk made him a good offer, but after talking to a few member of the King Power family he decided to stay with us. Apparentely they assured him our club will keep on growing and he will get all the tools he need to improve the squad over the next few years.

This is what he told the media today:

123914196_2066271557005798_5767361702748

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

We had a littke scare yesterday as KRC Genk wanted to sign our manager after their manager (Jess Thorup) signed for Copenhagen on Sunday.

Genk made him a good offer, but after talking to a few member of the King Power family he decided to stay with us. Apparentely they assured him our club will keep on growing and he will get all the tools he need to improve the squad over the next few years.

This is what he told the media today:

123914196_2066271557005798_5767361702748

They told us that and we thought it was fanciful... but then it happened.

Keep the faith!

• Like 3