Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bonanza

The OH Leuven Thread 2020/21

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

Romo man of the match I assume? 

yes Romo is a great goal keeper and was selected as man of the match, I can't see him being replaced any time soon. Iversen is a very good substitute if needed, great to have 2 quality keepers. Not very good for Iversen's development though if he does not play regularly. And you don't want to rotate goal keepers, unless you are forced to by injuries or a series of bad performances.

Edited by leuven

4 minutes ago, leuven said:

yes Romo is a great goal keeper and was selected as man of the match, I can't see him being replaced any time soon. Iversen is a very good substitute if needed, great to have 2 quality keepers. Not very good for Iversen's development though if he does not play regularly. And you don't want to rotate goal keepers, unless you are forced to by injuries or a series of bad performances.

I remember Romo was a quality bargain keeper on FM in an older edition :D I could well see the loan for Iversen being ended prematurely if he doesn't get assured playing time before the winter transfer window closes. It would be a waste of time for Iversen, who could probably get game time at a similar level elsewhere. Either that or both clubs accept his role as strong backup for OHL this season and lose him in the summer. I doubt he will be good enough for Leicester anyway and it's not like there is an opportunity there for the foreseeable future. Harsh, but football is a cutthroat business at times.

19 minutes ago, shen said:

I remember Romo was a quality bargain keeper on FM in an older edition :D I could well see the loan for Iversen being ended prematurely if he doesn't get assured playing time before the winter transfer window closes. It would be a waste of time for Iversen, who could probably get game time at a similar level elsewhere. Either that or both clubs accept his role as strong backup for OHL this season and lose him in the summer. I doubt he will be good enough for Leicester anyway and it's not like there is an opportunity there for the foreseeable future. Harsh, but football is a cutthroat business at times.

The club rate him very highly, they wouldn't have given him one of the longest contracts we have ever given out otherwise (5 and a half year deal)

He is still only 23 which is very young in a goalies career, could have another 10-15 years left in him

If Romo continues to impress he will just get recalled in January and sent out elsewhere, there was a fair few clubs interested in him over the summer on loan so I doubt it would be hard to find him somewhere new to go on loan for the 2nd half of the season

• Like 1

Results and standings after week 10:

KV Kortrijk 1-3 Anderlecht
KAS Eupen PP KV Mechelen
Cercle Brugge PP Excel Moeskroen
OH Leuven 2-1 Club Brugge
Antwerp 3-2 Beerschot
KV Oostende 3-0 Zulte Waregem
STVV 2-0 Standard
Charleroi PP Waasland-Beveren
KAA Gent 1-2 KRC Genk

P   TEAM PTS GP W L D GF GA GD
1   Antwerp  20 10 6 2 2 21 14 7
2   Club Brugge  19 10 6 3 1 23 8 15
3   Charleroi  19 9 6 2 1 15 7 8
4   Beerschot  18 10 6 4 0 24 23 1
5   Standard  18 10 5 2 3 13 9 4
6   OH Leuven  18 10 5 2 3 17 15 2
7   Anderlecht  17 10 4 1 5 20 15 5
8   KRC Genk  16 10 4 2 4 16 15 1
9   Cercle Brugge  15 9 5 4 0 16 12 4
10   KV Oostende  15 9 4 2 3 15 8 7
11   KV Kortrijk  14 10 4 4 2 12 13 -1
12   KAS Eupen  11 9 2 2 5 10 12 -2
13   KAA Gent  9 10 3 7 0 15 18 -3
14   STVV  9 10 2 5 3 11 19 -8
15   KV Mechelen  7 9 2 6 1 10 16 -6
16   Zulte Waregem  7 10 2 7 1 11 24 -13
17   Waasland-Beveren  4 8 1 6 1 12 22 -10
18   Excel Moeskroen  3 9 0 6 3 3 14 -11

Next week's fixtures:

KRC Genk - KAS Eupen
Beerschot - OH Leuven
Charleroi - Cercle Brugge
Club Brugge - KV Mechelen
Anderlecht - Antwerp
Excel Moeskroen - STVV
Standard - KV Oostende
Waasland-Beveren - KAA Gent
Zulte Waregem - KV Kortrijk

..Beerschot will be a tough game, we seem to struggle against them and they have made a great start this season!!!

Anderlecht playing Antwerp and Cercle Brugge v Charleroi gives OHL a chance a to push for a top 3 position next round of games.

Hard to believe the start we have had so far, total positivity all round and the players are flying.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Great keeper display as others have said!! Brilliant win.

Maybe asked before, but curious, why is sweet Caroline the goal music? 

Nobody knows. We should ask Neil Diamond.

I guess because it's catchy and cheerful and "oh oh oooh" easy to chant along. It's only since the last 9 years or so. Before that it was a sad techno tune. I once proposed to use "Who's the king" by Dog Eat Dog, but they didn't listen. Maybe now, with King Power, it could be reconsidered lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Lizhang said:

I guess because it's catchy and cheerful and "oh oh oooh" easy to chant along. It's only since the last 9 years or so. Before that it was a sad techno tune. I once proposed to use "Who's the king" by Dog Eat Dog, but they didn't listen. Maybe now, with King Power, it could be reconsidered lol

Beats a generic techno tune I guess, just seemed random when I first heard it 😁 haha who the king would be hilarious, although it strikes me more as a WWE walkout track than a goal one 😁😁

Edited by LCFCCHRIS
  • Like 1

On 27/10/2020 at 18:08, Lizhang said:

Sweet Caroline goes around quite a bit longer then 9 years if I remember correctly 😉

Something else: I actually have a question for the Leicester fans. I always wondered how people in the UK rate the Belgian Pro League? What do you think of the strenght of our top teams? 

Edited by Betelgeuze

Today 7th placed OH Leuven face 5th placed Beerschot, both sides are level on 18 points, with either side having the chance to move to the top of the table at least for a few hours with a win

Beerschot lost 3-2 to Royal Antwerp last weekend, after initially coming back to 2-2 after being 2-0 down, they conceded again 1 minute after they had scored their equalizer.

Leicester Loanees: Kamal Sowah starts, Daniel Iversen is on the bench, with Josh Eppiah not included in the match day squad

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

That's a shame, a fairly even game until their 3rd. I think Iversen might be back next week. 

Yeah not been much in it. Getting caught on the break now.