Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bonanza

The OH Leuven Thread 2020/21

5 hours ago, LCFCbwoi said:

First time seeing him play but that sowah looks like some player

One of his worst performances this season so far.

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

@Bonanzawhat did you think of JE? 

A little more optimistic about him now? 

Defo has potential. Scored the 2-1 to get ahead, then presented them the equalizer on a silver platter.

Edited by Lizhang
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

@Bonanzawhat did you think of JE? 

A little more optimistic about him now? 

He did ok in his debut. He definitely has potential.

He did make a massive mistake which leads to the equalizer, but yes, I'm a little more optimistic about him after his debut.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bonanza said:

He did make a massive mistake which leads to the equalizer, but yes, I'm a little more optimistic about him after his debut.

Left-back/left wingback seems like a weak area for OHL judging from those highlights. 
Is that Tshimanga who plays there? 

Why Eppiah left it is a mystery, but the other player closing in on the ball (Tshimanga?) just stopped dead in his tracks too instead of playing it safe and getting there first/following his man. 

1 hour ago, shen said:

Left-back/left wingback seems like a weak area for OHL judging from those highlights. 
Is that Tshimanga who plays there? 

Why Eppiah left it is a mystery, but the other player closing in on the ball (Tshimanga?) just stopped dead in his tracks too instead of playing it safe and getting there first/following his man. 

Normally Casper De Norre plays at left-back, but he was injured. His absence was a big problem for us. Tshimanga is also a left-back, but he was also injured.

It was Ouedraogo who stopped dead in his tracks with the equalizer. Both him and Eppiah should have done better. They're both young players, so let's hope they learn from this situation!

12 hours ago, Lizhang said:

One of his worst performances this season so far.

Defo has potential. Scored the 2-1 to get ahead, then presented them the equalizer on a silver platter.

8 hours ago, Bonanza said:

Im glad Leuven fans are more level headed than Leicester fans. If our new signing did what Josh did, we'd already have 4 threads calling for his exit and 1 about how the manager needs to play someone who recently scored for the under 16s. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Im glad Leuven fans are more level headed than Leicester fans. If our new signing did what Josh did, we'd already have 4 threads calling for his exit and 1 about how the manager needs to play someone who recently scored for the under 16s. 

..not his only faux pas when brought into the team!!!

Gave away a pen coming on as a sub when the team was cruising on his debut and I felt that was the reason he was not seeing time in the first eleven. 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manager-had-doubts-over-leicester-4748211

Manager 'had doubts' over Leicester City loanee – but debut goal wins him over
Josh Eppiah scored on his senior professional debut last Monday, netting in a 2-2 draw with Sint-Truiden for Leicester City's sister club OH Leuven in the Belgian top flight

ByJordan Blackwell
17:15, 29 NOV 2020UPDATED17:19, 29 NOV 2020

Leicester City forward Josh Eppiah is winning over his loan manager Marc Brys after scoring on his senior debut.

The 22-year-old scored off the bench in OH Leuven’s 2-2 with Sint-Truiden last Monday in what was not only his first outing for City’s sister club, but his first senior game in professional football.

Despite moving over to Leuven on loan a few months ago, Eppiah had not featured until this week with manager Brys admitting he had doubts over the Belgium Under-21 international.

But, those are now being allayed.

“We have to be careful because he has a fragile body and often small aches and pains,” Brys told Het Nieuwsblad.

"We should definitely be careful not to push him into an injury, but sometimes he has to dare to push his limits a bit more in training.

“He’s a good guy who realises what professional football is all about.

“I’m going to be honest: I had my doubts. But he is dispelling those doubts. He picks up everything well and can offer us an extra solution in the front, where we have few alternatives.

“It took a while before we had to recognise his qualities, but in the mean-time, he has also convinced the team-mates of his potential and that is important for the hierarchy in the group.

“He is a rather timid guy, but he is strong verbally and is good in the group. He is fast and agile. He only has to pick up the condition that the rest of the group has, but he is gradually reducing the gap.”

Despite the goal, it was a mixed debut for Eppiah. Moments after netting, he almost volleyed in a second, but was denied by a superb save. Then he was involved in a miscommunication at the back to allow Sint-Truiden to nip in for an equaliser.

“The coach told me during half-time that I had to be ready to fill in around the hour,” Eppiah said.

“During my warm-up, only one thing crossed my mind: I had to and I would have an impact on the field and on the result. I succeeded and that makes me very happy.

“I have to take (the mistake) as a man and of course learn from it. It is a pity that this error has such an influence on the result.”

He added: “The level is really high in the Jupiler Pro League. I now realise more than ever that I will have to work even harder to reach my goal. This is men's soccer, not the boys' soccer I know from Leicester City Under-23.

“Physically things are much harder here. But it was also quite aggressive on a verbal level. This was a very educational experience for me. I have to build on this.”

• Like 2

Results and standings after week 14:

KAS Eupen 3-1 Charleroi
STVV 1-1 Waasland-Beveren
Cercle Brugge 1-5 KRC Genk
Excel Moeskroen 0-0 Club Brugge
KV Mechelen 2-3 Beerschot
KAA Gent 0-3 Zulte Waregem
Anderlecht 0-0 Standard
KV Kortrijk 3-1 KV Oostende
Antwerp 3-2 OH Leuven

Ploeg PTN M M+ M- M= D+ D- D+/-
1   Beerschot  28 14 9 4 1 38 33 5
2   KRC Genk  28 14 8 2 4 31 18 13
3   Club Brugge  27 14 8 3 3 29 11 18
4   Antwerp  25 14 7 3 4 26 19 7
5   Standard  24 14 6 2 6 17 12 5
6   Charleroi  23 13 7 4 2 22 14 8
7   Anderlecht  22 14 5 2 7 23 18 5
8   KV Kortrijk  19 14 5 5 4 21 21 0
9   OH Leuven  19 13 5 4 4 23 24 -1
10   Cercle Brugge  18 14 6 8 0 21 25 -4
11   KAA Gent  16 14 5 8 1 21 23 -2
12   KV Oostende  16 14 4 6 4 18 18 0
13   KAS Eupen  16 13 3 3 7 16 20 -4
14   Zulte Waregem  14 14 4 8 2 19 28 -9
15   KV Mechelen  12 13 3 7 3 19 25 -6
16   STVV  11 13 2 6 5 15 24 -9
17   Waasland-Beveren  9 13 2 8 3 17 30 -13
18   Excel Moeskroen  7 12 1 7 4 6 19 -13

Next week's fixtures:

Zulte Waregem - Anderlecht
Waasland-Beveren - Excel Moeskroen
OH Leuven - Cercle Brugge
Club Brugge - STVV
KRC Genk - Antwerp
Beerschot - KAS Eupen
Standard - KV Mechelen
KV Oostende - KAA Gent
Charleroi - KV Kortrijk

Busy schedule for our boys this month:

Sat 12/5 OHL - Cercle Brugge

Tue 12/8 OHL - Excel Moeskroen

Sat 12/12 KV Kortrijk - OHL

Tue 12/15 Excel Moeskroen - OHL

Sat 12/20 OHL - KV Mechelen

Sat 12/26 OHL - KV Oostende

If we can get some good results from these games we should be safe from relegation.