Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Non League Football 2020-21

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

5-Live described Wrexham as a sleeping giant. Really? 

I'd say they should be at least in League Two with there stadium and fan base, but over than that sleeping giant really? I'm mean talking about sleeping giants in the national league you could say Notts County, Stockport County, Chesterfield...

I've watched Wrexham a few times home and away in the past ( related to ex player ) and with the size of the ground and the catchment area you could see the wouldn't look out of place in league one or even the championship .
They were averaging 5,000 in the national league and i recon could easily grow that to 15,000 if they end up in the championship . The new owners will have a lot to do to get them there, let's hope they do right by the fans as they've entrusted them with a lot by giving up ownership .

Can see Chesterfield ending up in the national league north next year and that is hard league to get out of. So many big names in there. Darlington, York, Boston, Kidderminster, Southport, Chester, Hereford. Lots of ex football league clubs there.

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 1

On 18/11/2020 at 22:51, Leicesterpool said:

Can see Chesterfield ending up in the national league north next year and that is hard league to get out of. So many big names in there. Darlington, York, Boston, Kidderminster, Southport, Chester, Hereford. Lots of ex football league clubs there.

Chesterfield v Alfreton would be the big one.

On 21/11/2020 at 14:51, StanSP said:

Wealdstone's 3rd goal is a weird one against Sutton lol

Worth a watch in some ways...

Playing Wealdstone today at Meadow Lane.

Interested to see how this one will go with them sitting 4th in the table.

They have scored 19 which is the 2nd highest, but have had 20 scored against them, which is the 2nd worst.

So of course... it'll be a nil nil draw lol

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Says a lot doesn't it - I went to a pre-season friendly at Alfreton between those two. Chesterfield were League 1 - Alfreton were lower Conference North

Yeah, Chesterfield have been run badly in recent years but I believe a fan ownership took over recently and Allen has (finally) gone.

Amazing that only 5 years ago Paul Cook got them to the League 1 play offs.

A couple people I know at work who still go (prior lockdown obviously) say that attendances are as low as 4k nowadays. Shame.