Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Non League Football 2020-21

The Coalville one is a difficult one. 

I am sure the wider (business) community would not be happy if there was a local lockdown partly due to a hot spot occurring from the lack of social distancing at Owen Street.

One complaint or 100, once the spotlight is on the club the council don't really have a choice but to show they are monitoring.  

Pain in the arse yes, but it's not a time of just letting everyone do what they want unfortunately.

I agree the football club is one of the only positives about the town and for that we do have the council to blame.

Edited by Lako42

8 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Sure you've been before brother but Matlock's ground has some Susan Perb views

Nah, was gonna be my maiden visit so doubly disappointing! Went to Belper Town v Loughborough Dynamo the season before last and that was a proper ground too.

1 hour ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Coalville Town with another fabulous display today of attacking football beating Rushden and Diamonds 4-1.

There was a sell-out crowd of 500 and not a spy drone in sight, presumably due to the weather. I'm soaked through but happy to see another win.

It was a very good day, I just wish the boys behind the goal would spread out a little. 

It just gives ammunition for someone to complain about social distancing again. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Livid said:

It was a very good day, I just wish the boys behind the goal would spread out a little. 

It just gives ammunition for someone to complain about social distancing again. 

I agree. I looked over first half and there was acres of space at either side of the goal. 

It really relies on individuals taking personal responsibility to help the club and the volunteers out. Then again I don't think it will be much different at any non league ground with a few hundred watching on a sodden afternoon.

I suspect social distancing will be much easier at Biggleswade on Tuesday.

• Like 1

On 25/10/2020 at 18:34, Cardiff_Fox said:

Coalville thru to next round of Trophy and a Saturday off due to Covid case in Matlock’s team 

Tonight's away game at Biggleswade is also off due to a suspected CV19 case in the Biggleswade squad. I'm sure this will be a familiar theme for the next few months.

3 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Tonight's away game at Biggleswade is also off due to a suspected CV19 case in the Biggleswade squad. I'm sure this will be a familiar theme for the next few months.

I’ve just seen this.

so it’s not even a confirmed case ? Surely you isolate the person in question and the other players are ok to play. Seems very easy to call a game off, can see this being abused.

2 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

I’ve just seen this.

so it’s not even a confirmed case ? Surely you isolate the person in question and the other players are ok to play. Seems very easy to call a game off, can see this being abused.

The league have decided to call it off. It's a difficult situation for all, but I suppose the league are putting the safety of players, management and supporters first.

By suspected, I presume they have someone in their squad with symptoms, and therefore postponing the game would be the most sensible approach to take.

Still, I do agree that if a team is struggling with injuries, it would be beneficial to say you have a suspected CV19 case and then have ten days to get your players fit, if you're a very cynically minded manager or club. Even then the fixture backlog with an already crammed schedule would be a burden.

Clubs don’t gain for me by calling the games off. 

There’s a likelyhood that season will be interrupted at some point, so it’s in your benefit to get the games done, get the points and your PPG. A decent chance that the season has no return fixtures and ends up as play every team once. 

Some of the backlogs are going to be pretty long. 

7 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Clubs don’t gain for me by calling the games off. 

There’s a likelyhood that season will be interrupted at some point, so it’s in your benefit to get the games done, get the points and your PPG. A decent chance that the season has no return fixtures and ends up as play every team once. 

Some of the backlogs are going to be pretty long. 

Rushden also had a game against Tamworth postponed tonight.

At this rate it is hard to see the season finishing without a so-called 'circuit breaker', but I do think we will complete the season unless CV19 mutates into something more deadly than it is.

14 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Rushden also had a game against Tamworth postponed tonight.

At this rate it is hard to see the season finishing without a so-called 'circuit breaker', but I do think we will complete the season unless CV19 mutates into something more deadly than it is.

Biggleswade are playing there game on Saturday as the player concerned has tested negative.

no way the game should of been called off against Coalville on Tuesday 

Edited by Lcfc82

The game Coalville v Matlock FA Trophy Game which was apparently "forfeited" by Matlock (Coalville went to the effort of refunding all tickets) is now back on for next Tuesday, moving Coalville's home game against Hitchin to TBA.

The FA are making it up as they go along apparently.

Nile Ranger signs for Spalding United.

Didn't he make his debut against us in the Championship for Newcastle? Wellens got sent off and we drew 0-0? Remember the pundits all raving about Nile Ranger at the time.

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

Nile Ranger signs for Spalding United.

Didn't he make his debut against us in the Championship for Newcastle? Wellens got sent off and we drew 0-0? Remember the pundits all raving about Nile Ranger at the time.

It was the away match we lost 1-0 I think.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Livid said:

The game Coalville v Matlock FA Trophy Game which was apparently "forfeited" by Matlock (Coalville went to the effort of refunding all tickets) is now back on for next Tuesday, moving Coalville's home game against Hitchin to TBA.

Thanks for the heads up, I'd sorted tickets for that one.

1 hour ago, Livid said:

Nah the FA's rules for Trophy always allowed clubs to move their fixtures within five to seven days. Same happened with Anstey Nomads in the Vase. 

The Cup they said forfeit if can't complete in two days. That's changed unsurprisingly now pro clubs are in