Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

LCFC Women To Go Professional

3 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I'm not familiar with the women's game really so are Leicester Women in the equivalent of the Championship atm?

I assume the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City Women are in their equivalent of the PL?

Yup. Work's the same as the men's game from what I can see as well. Their top is the Super League so WSL. We're in the 2nd tier currently which easily enough is also called the Championship.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I'm not familiar with the women's game really so are Leicester Women in the equivalent of the Championship atm?

I assume the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City Women are in their equivalent of the PL?

Yep you’ve got that right.

Women’s Super League/Top Flight:

Arsenal, Aston Villa, Birmingham City, Brighton, Bristol City, Chelsea, Everton, Manchester City, Manchester United, Reading, Tottenham, West Ham

Women’s Championship/2nd tier:

Blackburn Rovers, Charlton Athletic, Coventry United, Crystal Palace, Durham, Leicester, Lewes, Liverpool, London Bees, London City, Sheffield United

One up, one down between WSL & Championship. One down from Championship to National League system, National League North/South winners both promoted to get to an even 12 in the 2nd tier.

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

How's the league work? Top two automatic promotion or top one? I'd their play offs? 

Top 2 from what I can fathom atm. But the whole women's game has only recently become fully professional so there aren't that many teams that allow for lots of moves up and down for now I guess.

1 minute ago, LCFC1996 said:

Arsenal, Aston Villa, Birmingham City, Brighton, Bristol City, Chelsea, Everton, Manchester City, Manchester United, Reading, Tottenham, West Ham

Blackburn Rovers, Charlton Athletic, Coventry United, Crystal Palace, Durham, Leicester, Lewes, Liverpool, London Bees, London City, Sheffield United

One up, one down between WSL & Championship. One down from Championship to National League system, National League North/South winners both promoted to get to an even 12 in the 2nd tier.

Thanks.

Interesting you've got Birmingham, Reading and Bristol City in the top flight but Liverpool in the 2nd tier.

Hopefully our Women get promoted :thumbup:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LCFC1996 said:

Well if there's only 1 team that gets promoted by being Champions...

COME ON YOU BLUES!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Thanks.

Interesting you've got Birmingham, Reading and Bristol City in the top flight but Liverpool in the 2nd tier.

Hopefully our Women get promoted :thumbup:

Liverpool won the top tier as recently as 2014 but the parent club basically gave up giving a toss about the women’s team, leading to relegation last year.

They’ve started to take notice again but it’ll take more than that to get back to the WSL, especially with more clubs in the Championship and below starting to invest

• Like 1

It's looking more and more possible for us to make the huge leap to the Women's Super League and even reach the League Cup final in the process (Bristol City are a WSL team but rock bottom after 11 games without a league win all season). Crazy since we've never even been top of this league before!

Big game coming up away to Durham (2nd in the league, 3 points behind us) on Valentine's Day which will likely go a long way to deciding the eventual winners of the Championship.

1 hour ago, LCFC1996 said:

BBC Radio Leicester pressers are becoming a regular thing, here’s the Twitter thread with today’s highlights for anyone interested 

Shows that despite the naysayers about Women's football, there's an ever increasing interest in it.

27 minutes ago, LCFC1996 said:

So we've sold 2 attacking players for 1 defensive one which tbf seems like it needed to be done as having an Ndidi type in the team's allows the rest the platform to play by bringing defensive security and balance in midfield.

Probably why they've had Sam Tierney up in that spot in the last 2 games as she great at reading danger, getting the tackle in and moping up.

But then by plugging up that midfield gap temporarily they've kinda had to sacrifice the defensive pairing of Plumptre and Tierney which has been sensational. They're like Ferdinand and Vidic; Cags/Lil Wes and Evans.

1 to bring it out and 1 to keep the door shut.

Flint helps us to win but these 2 makes sure we don't lose.

Could be looking at a fullback next as we've had Smith do a JJ and play in both LB and RB and the profile says 'Forward'

• Like 2

17 hours ago, LC/FC said:

Shows that despite the naysayers about Women's football, there's an ever increasing interest in it.

So we've sold 2 attacking players for 1 defensive one which tbf seems like it needed to be done as having an Ndidi type in the team's allows the rest the platform to play by bringing defensive security and balance in midfield.

Probably why they've had Sam Tierney up in that spot in the last 2 games as she great at reading danger, getting the tackle in and moping up.

But then by plugging up that midfield gap temporarily they've kinda had to sacrifice the defensive pairing of Plumptre and Tierney which has been sensational. They're like Ferdinand and Vidic; Cags/Lil Wes and Evans.

1 to bring it out and 1 to keep the door shut.

Flint helps us to win but these 2 makes sure we don't lose.

Could be looking at a fullback next as we've had Smith do a JJ and play in both LB and RB and the profile says 'Forward'

Make that 2 attacking players out for 1 defensive mid and 1 attacking mid...

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Why do the last 2 signings look like they're about disappear from existance?

I'd like to know what sort of camera/phone/potato those photos were taken with so I can avoid buying one in the future. Awful grainy effect. Maybe someone's put a filter on them after or tried to sharpen them up somehow. Looks bloody terrible.

16 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I'd like to know what sort of camera/phone/potato those photos were taken with so I can avoid buying one in the future. Awful grainy effect. Maybe someone's put a filter on them after or tried to sharpen them up somehow. Looks bloody terrible.

That's just Twitter's crappy compression algorithm. If you go to the club page they're actually a higher quality.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...