Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

LCFC Women To Go Professional

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Top of the league after 3-0 win over London bees. 

We’ve played and beat some of those teams around us near the top this season, I reckon we could be serious contenders for the title. Hopefully we can get down there before the end of the season as it would be a shame for them to celebrate promotion without supporters. Plus I really miss my Sunday afternoons down there. 

:scarf::scarf::scarf:

I know what you mean! More so that I thought I would too.

Great to see us progressing so well since January time really

• Like 1

Just beat WSL side Birmingham City on penalties which gave us the group win to go through to the Quarter Finals of the Women's League Cup.

Played really well in the match and even though it ended 0-0 we deserved the win in normal time, plus our keeper saved a penalty in the first half to keep the scores level.

Edited by talking_goldfish
  • Like 4

On 06/12/2020 at 23:08, LCFC1996 said:

I know what you mean! More so that I thought I would too.

Great to see us progressing so well since January time really

I think since Plumptre came in, she organised the defence, the women’s Robert Huth moment. Before then they couldn’t defend, weak at corners and set pieces and looked as though relegation was a possibility. Other players came in but she seemed to be the start and they looked really good second half of the season with the highlight being the cup win over reading. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I think since Plumptre came in, she organised the defence, the women’s Robert Huth moment. Before then they couldn’t defend, weak at corners and set pieces and looked as though relegation was a possibility. Other players came in but she seemed to be the start and they looked really good second half of the season with the highlight being the cup win over reading. 

Apparently, she's from Asfordby, which is in the Melton Borough of Leicestershire.

1 hour ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Definitely! Good call on the Huth comparison, she’s really taken the defence up a few levels and with the likes of Levell in goal and Tierney & De Graaf coming in now too we’ve really got a WSL back line

• Like 1