Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

LCFC Women To Go Professional

League Cup Quarter Final draw is at 3:55pm on BT Sport 1 today during their “BT Sport Score” show

1. Aston Villa (Women’s Super League)

2. Bristol City (Women’s Super League)

3. Chelsea (Women’s Super League)

4. Crystal Palace (Women’s Championship)

5. Durham (Women’s Championship)

6. Leicester City (Women’s Championship)

7. Manchester City (Women’s Super League)

8. West Ham United (Women’s Super League)

3 hours ago, LCFC1996 said:

League Cup Quarter Final draw is at 3:55pm on BT Sport 1 today during their “BT Sport Score” show

1. Aston Villa (Women’s Super League)

2. Bristol City (Women’s Super League)

3. Chelsea (Women’s Super League)

4. Crystal Palace (Women’s Championship)

5. Durham (Women’s Championship)

6. Leicester City (Women’s Championship)

7. Manchester City (Women’s Super League)

8. West Ham United (Women’s Super League)

Bristol City vs Aston Villa

West Ham vs Durham

Man City vs Chelsea

Crystal Palace vs Leicester City

Game will be either 13th/14th January. 

Palace were the lowest ranked side left in the competition (7th in Championship), then Durham (2nd) and us (1st). Our previous game away at Palace was a 1-4 win, although they had a player sent off when winning 1-0. Could be a decent chance to progress.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

LCFC Women confirmed by Top to be moving into Belvoir Drive!

“Belvoir Drive has served the Club wonderfully and been a spiritual home for Leicester City teams through several generations. For it to become the home of LCFC Women is a fine legacy for an historic location. The investments we have made in the last 10 years have made it an outstanding, professional training ground from which their considerable development can continue.”

This is great news IMO. We're growing the women's team in the same way we grew the men's - steady investment and gradual upgrade of facilities. 5 years ago they were getting our shirts a season later, now they're part of the fold and will be inheriting a top 6 Premier League club's facilities. 

For anyone who has a daughter, granddaughter or niece this is extremely exciting for the future!

At the risk of sounding a little negative. Looking at the new facilities I'm surprised they weren't moved in there to train alongside all the other men's and youth sides. Seems like there's plenty of space. I did some work at the Everton training ground a few years ago and their women's team was using the same facilities as the men. 

8 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

At the risk of sounding a little negative. Looking at the new facilities I'm surprised they weren't moved in there to train alongside all the other men's and youth sides. Seems like there's plenty of space. I did some work at the Everton training ground a few years ago and their women's team was using the same facilities as the men. 

In the future perhaps, but this is a massive step forward for them, and I think it's vital that they take it slow and steady at their own pace and develop in much the same way we have. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

All those bedrooms and a bunch of young footballers sounds like a recipe for disaster to me

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Will home games be at belvoir drive now or just training etc?

Just training, games are still at Farley Way in Quorn, potential upgrades there have been mentioned too but with at best limited capacity for the foreseeable there’s not much need

45 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

When the plans were conceived LCFC Women weren’t fully apart of LCFC and then when those talks to bring them together started it was decided it’d be better to give them their own top level facility together with an academy set up to grow and keep Belvoir Drive in the club too 

34 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Will home games be at belvoir drive now or just training etc?

16 minutes ago, LCFC1996 said:

Just training, games are still at Farley Way in Quorn, potential upgrades there have been mentioned too but with at best limited capacity for the foreseeable there’s not much need

Today's statement said they'd be playing at the new training ground's show pitch

• Thanks 1

What does the new training ground setup bode for games at Farley Way out of curiosity, especially post-pandemic when I imagine the club will be hoping to boost Women's match attendance? Is there a dedicated pitch with stands at Belvoir drive a la the 500-capacity one at the Seagrave complex that would take over actual games, or is the partnership with Quorn set to continue?

I guess Quorn probably has a higher capacity anyway, having two full stands? Pulling figures out my arse here, but given the growth of the Women's game I imagine four-figure attendances wouldn't be off the cards if the team continues to do well.

Edited by OntarioFox

21 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Today's statement said they'd be playing at the new training ground's show pitch

It’ll be either an error or only for select friendlies/cup games I imagine. They’d have to allow for the capacity of about 750-1000 non-seated spectators as well as the seated section for it to be up to grade for Championship/WSL. If they are allowing that then great!

Could always be a case of getting permission to play there whilst everything is behind closed doors too.

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Corky said:

Emile may be on the move soon, favourite for the Port Vale manager's job.

That'd be amazing but i feel like he should ply his trade with this team a bit longer, they seem to be in a good place and have a lot of potential.

Port Vale is very high pressure, to keep them in the football league as a first time manager, hovering just above the relegation zone on a very poor run of results. 

I wouldn't take it. But if he can solidify them he makes a bit of a name for himself.

• Like 1

On 22/12/2020 at 13:51, The whole world smiles said:

Our women's team have better facilities than some premier league men's teams

• Like 3

Heard a rumour that had the men made top 4, there would've been a bit more £ to invest in the women, bringing in a couple more 'named' players, not elite but better quality.

Those who follow the women more closely may be able to confirm or deny.

Obviously we're supporting them very well but I'm told it could've been a bit more.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Heard a rumour that had the men made top 4, there would've been a bit more £ to invest in the women, bringing in a couple more 'named' players, not elite but better quality.

Those who follow the women more closely may be able to confirm or deny.

Obviously we're supporting them very well but I'm told it could've been a bit more.

There were a couple more “notable” names thrown about that didn’t end up signing that were considered “all but done”, not ground breaking or anything like what Man U did when they were in the Championship signing the likes of England’s Alex Greenwood but notable within the women’s game.

One has ended up at Sheffield United (Courtney Sweetman-Kirk, Leicester local as it happens, ex-Liverpool, good goal scorer) and two have since retired (Jo Potter, England international; Fern Whelan, ex-Everton/Brighton, England international).

Not sure of any others but it makes sense.

Edited by LCFC1996
  • Like 1