Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JamesfromlondonLCFC

Owner funding

14 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

According to this, over the last five years the owners have only injected 6 million into the club. So not too convinced about the 'duty free sales drops causing lack of funding' narrative thats been going on.

Some might see that's not the case now and finally.

Money is there to spend like its been mentioned on here previously but we are being whats the word.... shrewd? With our signings and how we go about spending it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

Some might see that's not the case now and finally.

Money is there to spend like its been mentioned on here previously but we are being whats the word.... shrewd? With our signings and how we go about spending it.

ye im not a whiz with the financial stuff, but assume this means the owners are past the point of outright investment now and have managed to make the club profitable? this do of course include a trip to Europe and a title win tho. But recently we make big money by selling a single asset every window, so im not surprised its that way

• Like 1

I am not surprised?

I'm not totally clued up about finances and what clubs get for finishing where but we've finished top 10 of the PL 4 times out of 6 since being promoted including winning it. So money from all that plus money from CL and, this season, Europa League. Plus the sales of Maguire/Chilwell/Drinkwater/Mahrez/Kante having laid out about £20m for those so that's a profit of £200m+ just on those players.

I'd imagine most owners make on PL clubs because the money is ridiculous. Look at the minus investment from Manchester United yet they still fork out stupid amounts of money for players each season (I know they are a massive so make money Worldwide compared to most other clubs).

Edited by Fox92

I wouldnt be too worried. The owners have made substantial investments which safeguard the future of the club (the Stadium and removing the debt). Which was the most important thing. 

Everything about the steps we are taking suggests the club is either being geared up for an IPO or outside investment sale. How else do the owners make back their initial investment sale. As fans it would be lots of fun for them to drop a £100m and tell us to go crazy but realistically that would be the worse thing they could do. Its very unlikely that they would make further cash outlay back on an IPO or a share sale so that would amount to debt which we just do not want.

The next phase of this project could be very exciting. Outside investment could be what we need to stay within FFP and have a larger outlay for playing staff investments. It seems a very sensible business plan. 

• Thanks 1

I'm with those who criticise the club for its clumsy, cheese-paring approach to 20/21 season-ticket renewals, but, but, but.....we're still one of the best-run clubs in the PL.

Do we really want to be a club that's throwing money at everything? And does that even work?

Look at the top of the list. OK, Chelsea bought a lot of success longer ago, but in the last 5 years? And what have Everton, Villa, Fulham and Brighton gained that's so much better than us? Did they win the league or even qualify for Europa League

Also worth noting that neither Man City nor Liverpool are up at the top splashing the cash (net).

I do wonder what these figures represent....purely transfers? Because surely Man City have spent a lot - and surely Spurs have spent a lot on their new stadium?

Notwithstanding criticisms and the fact that we need to strengthen the squad, I wouldn't swap places with any of them - or with any at the bottom of your list, either, to be fair.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

also what this means is we have spent 100 mil on a training ground without investment from the owners...

Well that's incorrect. The initial outlay to remove our debt and buy the stadium has allowed us to take lending at competitive rates where we are not just financing dead debt of the club. Its the initial outlay that has allowed us to do this. Furthermore, the lending is relatively low risk given its against assets that are as certain as future debtors can be. I say that with my fingers crossed given what we have gone through this year. 

Its the right way. 

2 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

also what this means is we have spent 100 mil on a training ground without investment from the owners...

That money has been borrowed and will be paid back over a number of years. The repayments will show in future accounts. 

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Well that's incorrect. The initial outlay to remove our debt and buy the stadium has allowed us to take lending at competitive rates where we are not just financing dead debt of the club. Its the initial outlay that has allowed us to do this. Furthermore, the lending is relatively low risk given its against assets that are as certain as future debtors can be. I say that with my fingers crossed given what we have gone through this year. 

Its the right way. 

ye thats true. was just talking about last five years but ye thats fair still counts.

So many people have needed to see this.

Honestly, the amount who lost their minds as I suggested that IF King Power had reached the point that they can no longer invest in the club then they might want to consider selling was ludicrous.

Not that I want Top out or any of that sensationalist bull crap. Simply that if the club wants to push on then it might be time for us to start getting the funding we need to compete at the level we aspire to be at.

You cannot have it all ways and have European tours and a happy Brendan Rodgers and then also be at the bottom of that list I’m afraid...

Just now, Abrasive fox said:

Aston villa look like a club out of control this summer. 140k a week on grealish could be a real challenge if they go down and has a poor season. Reminds me of what Taylor did to us a few years ago with izzett.

There investment over the last few years (including the year they last went down) should have them up there in the Top 8 of the league. They just seem to want to throw money at a problem. 

2 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Aston villa look like a club out of control this summer. 140k a week on grealish could be a real challenge if they go down and has a poor season. Reminds me of what Taylor did to us a few years ago with izzett.

He will almost certainly have some sort of clause if Villa do go down.

No chance Grealish stays there in the Championship and to be honest, no chance he would want to financially damage Villa. He's as much a Villa fan as anyone.