Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

14 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I'm not obsessed with hating him at all, I just don't rate him, and the evidence backs it up. There are a group of fans, you seem to be one, who are totally obsessed with this one player and don't seem to care about the team. Its all about Under, where he can fit it, upset when he misses out etc. Are you a Leicester fan or an Under fan? There was actually one fan who wanted to curtail Ricardo's attacking style from right back to allow Under to not have to defend. This Greyowl guy is now making excuses for him that he has a communication problem with the manager, if only there was another Turk here to help with that eh. Just accept it, whilst his profile suggested he'd be a good addition, he isn't that at all, and it's time to accept we won't be buying him.

That's the point isn't it. Talking about visionary football manager. Actually what almost everybody missing the point is, he is a left footed player played on the left wing before until they have reversed his position in Roma.

Love the Ricardo and nobody want to mess what he does but great coach would put

-Ricardo Sharky combination on the right flank.

- Castagne Cengo combination on the left ( very much needed at the moment as our left corridor is bloody dysfunctional nowadays)

Why do we have to play 3 defense minded players( NDidi, Hamza and Mendy) and leaving left wing paralyzed and as well as congest the  right wing.

That's what was I talking  about all along. No player higher the LCFC of course but our Coach just needs to be a tad smarter and show some courage.

Edited by kiwiturk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Greyowl said:

Concerning last 9 games Vardy is also "shite" , concerning matches against Slavia and first half of Arsenal Barnes was also "shite" , yesterday "Soyuncu", against Arsenal Ndidi was "shite". Under's restricted minutes played "shit" doesnt worth so much hate towards him as if he is a regular starter who is responsible for our traditional death spiral.

Vardy has been poor recently, and there's plenty of discussion about whether at 34 he's going to find form again. He does have nearly a decade and a shit ton of goal in the bank though. Barnes has been excellent all season, as have Soyuncu and Ndidi.

I don't hate Under, I've said it before, i wish nothing but the best when he leaves and whilst he's here, I hope he plays well, for the benefit of the team. What I do hate is fans who have become convinced this guy is the second coming of Messi based on a few fleeting appearances and are willing to change style, formation, ask other players to accommodate him, make excuses for him like a language barrier. We don't even own the player, why are you willing him to have a few good games in the hope we waste £20m on him? Would you not rather save that and spend it on someone thr manger feels fits in with his plans?

Edited by Facecloth

Just now, Facecloth said:

Vardy has been poor recently, and there's plenty of discussion about whether at 34 he's going to find form again. He does have nearly a decade and a shit ton of goal in the bank though. Barnes has been excellent all season, as have Soyuncu and Ndidi.

I don't hate Under, I've said it before, i wish nothing but the best when he leaves and whilst he's here, I hope he plays well, for the benefit of the team. What I do hate is fans who have become convinced this guy is the second coming of Messi based on a few fleeting appearances and are willing to change style, formation, ask other players to accommodate him, make excuses for him like a language barrier. We don't even own the player, why are you willing him to have a few good games in the hope we waste £20m on him? Would you not rather save that and spend it on someone thr manger feels fits in with his plans?

You say you hate Under's fans but your comments are actual insults to the player himself not his exaggrators. Anyway, no need to load our troubles on a non starter loanie.

Was obviously not our first choice last summer, seems like for whatever reason we couldn’t bring in our first choice target for that position, so effectively loaned him as a stop gap for this summer, when it might be more attainable to get our first choice (Trincao/Thauvin etc)

Dont think Rodgers ever fancied him really, was a bit of a free hit, and served a purpose giving us an extra attacking body in the squad and allowed us to rotate in the early games of the Europa, but yeah he is just a bit rubbish isn’t he really !

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Greyowl said:

You say you hate Under's fans but your comments are actual insults to the player himself not his exaggrators. Anyway, no need to load our troubles on a non starter loanie.

I'm just being realistic about him, no insults, he's not good enough. Would it be an insult if I criticised other players for their short comings? At least the other fringe players put a shift in, try to play the style the manager asks, and play for the team. We mention the short comings in these players games all the time, Amartey isnt comfortable on the ball, Hamza is too negative, Mendy doesn't tackle as well as Ndidi, Albrighton is one dimensional, so why can't we criticise Unders short comings, like his shooting and dribbling? And he doesn't put a shift in like the others so he doesn't have that to fall back on. 

I think Barnes is a great example for Under, look at a year or so ago, we had this guy who couldn't score no matter how many chances he got. He clearly had pace and skill, and he followed the managers instructions, played the way he was asked and has developed into an excellent player. We've had Under nearly a season, and I imagine Brendon isn't seeing any development with Under like he was that convinced him to persist with Barnes.

1 hour ago, kiwiturk said:

That's the point isn't it. Talking about visionary football manager. Actually what almost everybody missing the point is, he is a left footed player played on the left wing before until they have reversed his position in Roma.

Love the Ricardo and nobody want to mess what he does but great coach would put

-Ricardo Sharky combination on the right flank.

- Castagne Cengo combination on the left ( very much needed at the moment as our left corridor is bloody dysfunctional nowadays)

Why do we have to play 3 defense minded players( NDidi, Hamza and Mendy) and leaving left wing paralyzed and as well as congest the  right wing.

That's what was I talking  about all along. No player higher the LCFC of course but our Coach just needs to be a tad smarter and show some courage.

Castagne has been injured most the season and one of our best players has been on the left until last week, so I'm not sure when you expected us to play the combo until now, when its become clear Under isn't working out at the club.

What I will say about him is, maybe he'll move on an impress elsewhere, but sometimes players sign for teams and it doesn't work they for them at the time. We had Kramaric who didn't click at the time and went on the play well elsewhere. We won't be the first team to sign a player and barely use them in the season because we realise it was a mistake. Liverpool signed Minamino and Van Den Berg and have shipped both out on loan in the first year, Van Den Berg at a time when they were short in the position. That's not to say he's terrible, just that right now Liverpool don't see him as fitting in their team or having the quality to step in. Actually we did similar with Benkovic too. I would go as far to say no player is every signed because the club think they are shit before they join they obviously sign them thinking they will bring something, but also they sign them having never worked with them before, so once they arrive they may see they don't have the quality the originally hoped.

Edited by Facecloth

Just now, Facecloth said:

I'm just being realistic about him, no insults, he's not good enough. Would it be an insult if I criticised other players for their short comings? At least the other fringe players put a shift in, try to play the style the manager asks, and play for the team. We mention the short comings in these players games all the time, Amartey isnt comfortable on the ball, Hamza is too negative, Mendy doesn't tackle as well as Ndidi, Albrighton is one dimensional, so why can't we criticise Unders short comings, like his shooting and dribbling? And he doesn't put a shift in like the others so he doesn't have that to fall back on. 

.... We've had Under nearly a season, and I imagine Brendon isn't seeing any development with Under like he was that convinced him to persist with Barnes.

Sorry for misunderstanding. Mentioning shortcomings is what these forums are for.  Also,there are always are some obssessed haters of specific players in these types of soccer forums. In this forum usual scapegoats are mostly Under, Hamza and Nacho. Though these players are not valued as their starters they are expected to create more than them which is unjust in my account as a fan. There is even so called fans that would be glad if one of these players broke his leg.

• Like 1

I had been expecting, then hoping, for Cenghis to come good.  He is an exciting player with some brilliant qualities.

Yesterday, however, showed that he is not going to be a Leicester player long term ( unless Rodgers is sacked and replaced by kiwiturk or someone with similar views).

Currently, the team is unbalanced. Cenghis starting would seemingly help to improve the balance.  People were threatening self harm of N'didi, Mendy and Choudhury started together again (hopefully this did not happen as the.NHS is rather busy ).  A more balanced team would have included the two messiahs, Cenghis and Tavares.

Rodgers,  based on his extensive knowledge of the players from training, feels the team is best served with the formation put out last night.  Arguably, the team included seven first choice players, Amartey, Choudhury, Mendy and Ihenacho.  Rodgers did not see fit to introduce Cenghis from the bench.

It would have been fantastic to see Cenghis succeed here.  Even though we have seen little of Cenghis, I would say there is a fair amount of attachment to him on the forum.  Next season, he looks like he will be elsewhere and another wide player, hopefully two wide players, will face the scrutiny of the forum.

The odds of Kiwiturk replacing Rodgers must be 5000/1.  Could be worth a punt.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

I understand he is not fitting here or he is not part of BR's master✌️plan but calling him sh.t or insulting him is not right. C'mon.....

You're guys have to accept that there are many Turkish LCFC fans out there spread around the world, supporting the Foxes probably since  Muzzy Izzet times like myself.

We know Under and have been following him for a very long time regardless who he was playing for and  really excited when he arrived in Kings Power stadium because this boy was playing side by side  with the legendary Totti and ripped apart French National team single handedly.

Technology out there and available to confirm my statement. It just requires a simple search on the net and watch some of his previous games. 

We accept criticism but it has to be measured fairly.

- Defensive attribution is a total bulls.it because myself and other fans presented evidence in numbers and stats that he contributed more than Barnsy, almost as good as Perez defensively so this theory was end up being a nonsense.

- He wasn't the best lately but definitely he wasn't the worse either considering Hamza's today performance, Vardy's epic draught, he is merely receives the worst of the worse label.  He has clearly been nominated for the Official scapegoat of the BR. Bloody ridiculous.

I though football mangers supposed to get best out of the players but we strongly believe Brendan Rogers failed to do this when it comes to Cengo, 

So he is that good what is wrong with him?

You all need to remember when he arrives and contributed immediately. Remember that killer passes to Vardy especially in Arsenal games? Then he got injured and couldn't break in BR's golden circle. He lost confident. Simple is that.

He has been given mostly hail Mary chances to clean other players mess and expected him to clean that in 15-20 minutes. Of course you'll get jack out of him.

The reality is the  Madders and Barnsy can't even make the England's second best XI  for the Euro 2021 but Cengiz will be there and he is gonna play against Italy at the first game.

We will all see how his story will turn up during that tournament. I know where will I put my money on!!! 

It's done and dusted.

Let's move on and end this 106 pages long debate.

I know you arent happy with the comments at Under and some are over the top (from me included in the past) but it just hasnt worked out for him here. He has quality for sure but I'm not sure if its in the Premier League.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, majaco said:

I had been expecting, then hoping, for Cenghis to come good.  He is an exciting player with some brilliant qualities.

Yesterday, however, showed that he is not going to be a Leicester player long term ( unless Rodgers is sacked and replaced by kiwiturk or someone with similar views).

Currently, the team is unbalanced. Cenghis starting would seemingly help to improve the balance.  People were threatening self harm of N'didi, Mendy and Choudhury started together again (hopefully this did not happen as the.NHS is rather busy ).  A more balanced team would have included the two messiahs, Cenghis and Tavares.

Rodgers,  based on his extensive knowledge of the players from training, feels the team is best served with the formation put out last night.  Arguably, the team included seven first choice players, Amartey, Choudhury, Mendy and Ihenacho.  Rodgers did not see fit to introduce Cenghis from the bench.

It would have been fantastic to see Cenghis succeed here.  Even though we have seen little of Cenghis, I would say there is a fair amount of attachment to him on the forum.  Next season, he looks like he will be elsewhere and another wide player, hopefully two wide players, will face the scrutiny of the forum.

The odds of Kiwiturk replacing Rodgers must be 5000/1.  Could be worth a punt.

Haha. Never say never mate.

I used to be a professional and played in 2 countries and capped twice in my junior years.

I have an also A grade coaching licence which allows me to coach any team around the world. But my active football days is over. 

About the BR......

I don't rate him. We are all different individuals with the different opinions. 

Cengiz is finito here . Good riddance to him.

Edited by kiwiturk
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

Haha. Never say never mate.

I used to be a professional and played in 2 countries and capped twice in my junior years.

I have an also A grade coaching licence which allows me to coach any team around the world. But my active football days is over. 

About the BR......

I don't rate him. We are all different individuals with the different opinions. 

Cengiz is finito here . Good riddance to him.

On BR.... he's taking our club places it has never been - on what basis do you not rate him?

• Like 1

Just now, Sly said:

Gray MK 2. 

Luckily we don’t own him and don’t have to pay his wages come the 30th June. 

I’m convinced he was a stop gap to fill in whilst Ricardo was injured.

Ricardo and his positions are quite unrelated. One is an original right-footed right back the other is an introverted left-footed right winger.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

On BR.... he's taking our club places it has never been - on what basis do you not rate him?

He has arrived on the foundation build before him started with the Raineri. No sir he hasn't created this from scratch by himself.

The squad at the moment is the best we ever had and I strongly believe he doesn't/couldn't get the best out of it.

Our players can match any footballers plays for so called top 6 clubs.

That's what I believe as an ex pro football player and A licence qualified coach.

As I said we all have  different opinions.

Edited by kiwiturk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

He has arrived on the foundation build before him started with the Raineri. No sir he hasn't created this from scratch by himself.

The squad at the moment is the best we ever had and I strongly believe he doesn't/couldn't get the best out of it.

That's what I believe as an ex pro football player and A licence qualified coach.

The foundation totally messed up by all his predecessors, you mean? Opinions are all very well - and congrats on being an ex-pro etc, but Paul Merson is an ex pro, and Tim Sherwood has managed a Premier league team. That you are a qualified coach is very exciting, but makes you prone to professional jealousy. Your argument is based on a very slanted way of looking at the facts.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

Well thats wrong for a start. Ranieri used the foundation laid by Pearson, after a season he started to pull it apart and we fell apart. Every manager comes in on the back of another. Rodgers is coming in on the back of Puel, who signed a lot of this team, but got nowhere near the same quality out of them. The proof is in the league table, apart from from title winning season we have never finished as high as we have under Rodgers, and may improve on the that again this year. Hes clearly taking the club in the right direction.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

Nope I saw what I needed to see in the second half of the last season.

I saw a man standing on the side of the pitch looking confused, had no idea and almost suffering panic attack week in week out back in then.

I saw an incompetent football Manager.

Sitting 3rd in the table with an incompetent football manager....

God knowns what you thought of Pearson and puel then.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

Your beliefs are merely that...and are indisputably incorrect if you think that "the foundations were built by Ranieri".

The rest is simply appeal to (your own) authority and utterly worthless. 

As I have pointed out before, Andrew Wakefield was a physician and academic. So what?  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

I saw a man standing on the side of the pitch looking confused, had no idea and almost suffering panic attack week in week out back in then.

I saw an incompetent football Manager and still do.

Mate I love the club but not the coach. Don't rate him and ever will. This is my opinion and just leave it to that.

Players and Coaches comes and goes but LCFC here for forever.

18 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Well thats wrong for a start. Ranieri used the foundation laid by Pearson, after a season he started to pull it apart and we fell apart. Every manager comes in on the back of another. Rodgers is coming in on the back of Puel, who signed a lot of this team, but got nowhere near the same quality out of them. The proof is in the league table, apart from from title winning season we have never finished as high as we have under Rodgers, and may improve on the that again this year. Hes clearly taking the club in the right direction.

We have finished second, third and fourth.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, murphy said:

We have finished second, third and fourth.

Don't be pedantic. We are talking about the recent set of managers and them building on the last one. I don't think 1929 has had any effect on Ranieri, Shakespeare, Puel or Rodgers.

33 minutes ago, Greyowl said:

Ricardo and his positions are quite unrelated. One is an original right-footed right back the other is an introverted left-footed right winger.

Well to the forum Greyowl. 

I believe they are related, in that Ricardo was originally a right winger before moving to a full back.

If the club saw potential to move him into the right sided midfield / winger slot, with JJ, Thomas, Castagne and Amartey at the club for full back options, then Under was potentially cover for his impending return, or potentially if it didn’t work. With his defensive ability as well, he can protect the right side and provides that improved work rate that modern football demands. 

I personally think Ricardo is wasted in a more advanced role, as he nullifies his own space from what we’ve seen so far. Some of that could be him getting back up to speed. 

Under is a strange one, as he’s shown flashes of brilliance, similar to Gray. He ticks a lot of the boxes for what we actually need in a player. It just hasn’t worked so far. We still have time between now and the end of the season. The fact that people are even debating this, proves that the jury is still out. 

If he comes good, we have a decent option to buy. I’d it doesn’t, we chat lose and go again next season. Whether he’d want to come here permanently is another question. 

It’s as much about the player having ability, football intelligence, fitness, work rate, teamwork, as it is about them being in the right place, at the right time. 

We can all point to players that have failed at certain clubs then reinvigorate themselves elsewhere. You only need to look at someone like Lukaku at Inter. Brilliant for them since joining. His last 12 months at Manchester United he was classed as overweight and they wanted him gone. It was diagnosed quite quickly that he had a stomach issue and he’s shed weight, got himself fitter and he’s now back to the player he was at WBA / Everton. 

Buying players is a gamble. This loan with a view to buy is a trial scheme that has largely gone well so far. 

Huth - win

Dragovic - bin

Youri - win

Bennett - bin

Under - TBC

16 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Don't be pedantic. We are talking about the recent set of managers and them building on the last one. I don't think 1929 has had any effect on Ranieri, Shakespeare, Puel or Rodgers.

OK fair enough, I skimmed through and missed the context and I am an incorrigible pedant.  

Edited by murphy
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

I saw an incompetent football Manager.

You're making the same mistake so many make - fitting what you saw to fit your particular line of argument. 

By the way, I didn't see much of you back then, what suddenly attracted you to Leicester (other than the incompetent manager)? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, murphy said:

OK fair enough, I skimmed through and missed the context and I am incorrigible pedant.  Just seems a bit of a narrow window of time to make your point which is why I probably misunderstood.

No worries. The original post claims Rodgers is building on Ranieri, and wasn't moving us forward. I'm aware we've had better finishes than 5th in the past, but in the context of recent history, and infact the premier league era, we've never been better placed other than 2016. So that's all it was about, Rodgers is clearly moving in the right direction.

• Like 1