Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

6 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Not sure about that.

Can see Albrighton coming on for Ricardo. Can’t see Under coming on at all.

Oh I don't think he'll mind Albrighton playing wing back, but he would be unlikely to start him there. So has Albrighton started it would mostly likely be on the wing.

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

To be fair, Brighton at home might suit him for a starting berth 

Looks like the bench again on Saturday then seeing as it’s away 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

My annoyance with the whole Under isn't really that he doesn't start him or rarely brings him on. If BR doesn't rate him, he doesn't rate him. That's fine. But then why does he use up a space on the bench? Why name him as a sub. Why not have one of the youth there? Just doesn't make sense. 

1 minute ago, turlo said:
Safe to say that Under is done. When we switched to 4 1 4 1 he could've put Under on for Amartey and left Ricardo at right back. Instead he moved Ricardo to right wing and Amartey to right back. 

It is clear he favours Ricardo in the attacking position now... that isn’t good when the full back is called into your position 

• Like 1

Just now, OhYesNdidi said:

Think it was more amarteys height? Burnley set pieces etc

I have seen Ricardo be played there in front of under a couple of times recently... we will see if under gets game time but I don’t think he will  get much, especially if he can’t start with the injuries we are carrying. 

12 minutes ago, turlo said:
Safe to say that Under is done. When we switched to 4 1 4 1 he could've put Under on for Amartey and left Ricardo at right back. Instead he moved Ricardo to right wing and Amartey to right back. 

...probably had agreed to play Tavares and did not have the space to introduce Ünder!!!

49 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

Under is done at the club.

Shame, he never really got much of a chance, but clear Brendan doesn't rate him.

Still, it baffles me that he's willing to give Choudhury more chances than Under....

Under has had every chance, you put a 15yo Messi into the U16's and he probably impresses enough to be in the first team within a month. 

It's not just in matches that BR has judged him but every day in training. I was quite excited to get Under on loan as he was touted as one of the best prospects in Europe three years a go and was signed by Monchi who is rated as the best talent spotter in the world by many. Even the Turkish lads were saying he's their best attacking player and Turkey is a good footballing nation. I'm quite surprised how poor he has been judging him on his CV.

Edited by Gerard
  • Sad 1

I agree he's done here.

So sad such a talent receives praises from Italian legends such as Vieri and Totti but not prefered by BR.

Choudhury for Under today? 

Anyway, we have Kasper to thank today not to BR's master game plan.

https://www.dailysabah.com/sports/football/former-italian-footballers-praise-turkeys-cengiz-under

Edited by kiwiturk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1