Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

11 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

He’s trying too hard when he gets his brief moments. Needs to chill out and engage the little grey cells. Otherwise he’s just a Turkish Gray. 

Setting aside the silly "Turkish Gray" comment, this is essentially the problem.  It's a vicious cycle - the less he plays, the more he tries too hard to deliver magic in his brief cameos.  And the more he does so, the less he plays.

The only way we would ever have been able to fairly and accurately judge Under is if he'd gotten a consistent run of play in league games.  That never happened and it's probably too late now.

4 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

The close friends to Cengiz, described him a very emotional person. I agree with the most of the comments here that he won't stay here and he knows that.

I believe that BR dropping him right after Arsenal and EL league game where he voted MOTM for both was utter disappointment for him. He lost faith in BR, to his fairness and  to his system where he's got one standard game plan played by same group players and limited rotation policy simply what I called one size fits all dress mentality.

We all clearly saw that in Arsenal game where we have only 28% ball possession.

Anyway done is done and I hope he will do good for the Foxes in this much needed time.

I think that's a good point, that Rodgers hasn't rotated players earlier in the season.  I feel that rotating gives the fringe players a bit more action to maintain their match fitness and their familiarity with the  rest of the team in matchplay context.  The alternative is that if they are only thrust into the team in an emergency situation then they won't make a smooth transition, especially if introduced during a game when the team is already misfiring.

And Under did make some telling contributions earlier in the season but has gone, or been allowed to go, off the boil since then.

I don’t agree with some of these comments. Brendan gave him his shot against Everton... it didn’t work out. We also experimented with him in the Europa and we all could see that the balance wasn’t quite right. 

If the option is Barnes or under there is only one winner. 

Now he will get a good run and can really set his career on the right path either with us or with another team. There’s a good player in there and I think he’s always got the potential for a goal so It really could go either way.  Something tells me that he is going to be key for us and could well be the difference between winning and loosing tomorrow 

Edited by Lambert09

So many assuming he'll get a good run now, but that's no safe bet.  Rodgers will find ways not to start him if that's what he wants to do.  Even if that means playing Ricardo out of position and having little attacking threat on either wing.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 1

I think these next few games you just simply have to keep playing him, give him a proper run and see what he can do with that run. He should be fresher than most. I've not been convinced by him at all but he's been presented a real sink or swim opportunity here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deep blue said:

I think that's a good point, that Rodgers hasn't rotated players earlier in the season.  I feel that rotating gives the fringe players a bit more action to maintain their match fitness and their familiarity with the  rest of the team in matchplay context.  The alternative is that if they are only thrust into the team in an emergency situation then they won't make a smooth transition, especially if introduced during a game when the team is already misfiring.

And Under did make some telling contributions earlier in the season but has gone, or been allowed to go, off the boil since then.

I believe good coach will create a rotation amongst the players to last longer in every competition

- $80 mil. DeLigt sat on the bench for Juventus today.

- Gundogan who was scoring for Man. City left and right in past 6-7 weeks, sat on the bench in substitute on 79th. Minutes today.

Our rocket scientist Brendan Rogers played Evans, Vardy, Fofana, Madders and Barnsy twice a week and looks where it got us know

Despite he had been giving the best and deepest player rosters the Liecester ever had, BR and his lack of imagination, lack of game diversity put LCFC in awkward situation.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Setting aside the silly "Turkish Gray" comment, this is essentially the problem.  It's a vicious cycle - the less he plays, the more he tries too hard to deliver magic in his brief cameos.  And the more he does so, the less he plays.

The only way we would ever have been able to fairly and accurately judge Under is if he'd gotten a consistent run of play in league games.  That never happened and it's probably too late now.

Setting aside?  Silly Turkish Gray comment? This is FT son, I will defend the right to post anything and everything stoopid on this board, just as everyone else does. Otherwise it would be very quiet in here. 😂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

I believe good coach will create a rotation amongst the players to last longer in every competition

- Gundogan who was scoring for Man. City left and right in past 6-7 weeks, sat on the bench in substitute on 79th. Minutes today.

Our rocket scientist Brendan Rogers played Evans, Vardy, Fofana, Madders and Barnsy twice a week and looks where it got us know

Despite he had been giving the best and deepest player rosters the Liecester ever had, BR and his lack of imagination, lack of game diversity put LCFC in awkward situation.

Imagine expecting Leicester to be able to rotate like Juventus and Man City can...

8 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

3rd? 

8 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

You are a maniac

• Like 4

9 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

and looks where it got us know

us??????

Aren't you  a fan of Under rather than the club?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

Looks like we have rotated more than most looking at this. I see the teams with the most expensive squads have rotated the most. See a pattern? 

You also need to take in to account that we have had injuries right from the start of the season and like Liverpool, have simply been unable to rotate.

Spurs to my recollection have, and have had the least amount of injuries during the season, and surprise surprise, they have been able to rotate the most. 

1641665372_ScreenShot2021-03-03at14_14_02.png.71b21b3d71eea6289951c7988361c014.png

Every winger is injured and Rodgers would rather change formation than start him lol. This would almost be as bad as Danny Ward missing out when Schmeichel is out. He's clearly not the player people thought he was going to be and some continue to claim he is.

Edited by Facecloth

As he doesn't start today they I think he's done here. I just can't see him being signed unless we have a change in manager or he pulls out some magic from the bag. If he was going to get a chance today would have been it. 

8 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Every winger is injured and Rodgers would rather change formation than start him lol. This would almost be as bad as Danny Ward missing out when Schmeichel is out. He's clearly not the player people thought he was going to be and continue to claim he is.

Albrighton too, how embarrassing and shows just the lack of quality in wide areas

3 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Albrighton too, how embarrassing and shows just the lack of quality in wide areas

I think he trust Albrighton, but playing him means playing Under too so its a no.