Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

Mistakes are mine ... Obviously you are not a believer of different voices and not understanding my different individuals different opinions sentiment.

You are more than welcome go through LCFC fans forum records to question my loyalty if it's gonna make you feel happy. Personality I recommend yoga or even stamp collections for better hobbies.

Don't like the guy and don't believe the guy. Simple is that ....

Edited by kiwiturk

Just now, kiwiturk said:

Mistakes are mine ... Obviously you are not a believer of different voices and not understanding my different individuals different opinions sentiment.

You are more than welcome go through LCFC fans forum records to question my loyalty if it's gonna make you feel happy. Personality I recommend yoga or even stamp collections for better hobbies.

Just now, Sly said:

Well to the forum Greyowl. 

I believe they are related, in that Ricardo was originally a right winger before moving to a full back.

If the club saw potential to move him into the right sided midfield / winger slot, with JJ, Thomas, Castagne and Amartey at the club for full back options, then Under was potentially cover for his impending return, or potentially if it didn’t work. With his defensive ability as well, he can protect the right side and provides that improved work rate that modern football demands. 

I personally think Ricardo is wasted in a more advanced role, as he nullifies his own space from what we’ve seen so far. Some of that could be him getting back up to speed. 

Under is a strange one, as he’s shown flashes of brilliance, similar to Gray. He ticks a lot of the boxes for what we actually need in a player. It just hasn’t worked so far. We still have time between now and the end of the season. The fact that people are even debating this, proves that the jury is still out. 

If he comes good, we have a decent option to buy. I’d it doesn’t, we chat lose and go again next season. Whether he’d want to come here permanently is another question. 

It’s as much about the player having ability, football intelligence, fitness, work rate, teamwork, as it is about them being in the right place, at the right time. 

We can all point to players that have failed at certain clubs then reinvigorate themselves elsewhere. You only need to look at someone like Lukaku at Inter. Brilliant for them since joining. His last 12 months at Manchester United he was classed as overweight and they wanted him gone. It was diagnosed quite quickly that he had a stomach issue and he’s shed weight, got himself fitter and he’s now back to the player he was at WBA / Everton. 

Buying players is a gamble. This loan with a view to buy is a trial scheme that has largely gone well so far. 

Huth - win

Dragovic - bin

Youri - win

Bennett - bin

Under - TBC

Thanks for the detailed response. I agree most part of it. But I am still  convinced Under was a reinforcement to Ayoze and Albrighton who were both right footed and played righ wing. Because we didnt have an introverted left-footed right wing which became the norm in modern soccer, Under was thought  a good choice who could cut inside and shoot. His debut was quite impressing though, he played a few matches quite in the territory of Man of the Match (in my perpective).But Rodger knows the best. 

33 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

Assuming this is a response to me - I'm all for difference of opinion. But I also know the difference between an opinion based on evidence and one based on personal prejudice. As for the rest, you're a recent convert (if that's what you are) and you'll have to forgive me being sceptical as to your motives.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Greyowl said:

Thanks for the detailed response. I agree most part of it. But I am still  convinced Under was a reinforcement to Ayoze and Albrighton who were both right footed and played righ wing. Because we didnt have an introverted left-footed right wing which became the norm in modern soccer, Under was thought  a good choice who could cut inside and shoot. His debut was quite impressing though, he played a few matches quite in the territory of Man of the Match (in my perpective).But Rodger knows the best. 

Yes, it’s those flashes that we want to see more of. 

In fairness, just reflecting on player growth trajectory, has he actually been more productive than Harvey Barnes, when he first broke into the team. I’d say he has. So maybe he is someone we could nurture. Players develop differently. 

8 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Assuming this is a response to me - I'm all for difference of opinion. But I also know the difference between an opinion based on evidence and one based on personal prejudice. As for the rest, you're a recent convert (if that's what you are) and you'll have to forgive me being sceptical as to your motives.

No. I can assure that I'm not a recent convert and have been supporting the Foxes since Muzzy Izzet times.

But I have to admit that ( honesty is the best policy) I've joined this forum only 2 years ago because  I didn't even know it was existed also didn't think to do that before. Fans forum is a new concept for me.

Turkish or not, it is all about LCFC for me and my club comes first but repeating again don't rate BR. Sorry, just can't admit something I don't believe.

Edited by kiwiturk

22 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

No. I can assure that I'm not a recent convert and have been supporting the Foxes since Muzzy Izzet times.

But I have to admit that ( honesty is the best policy) I've joined this forum only 2 years ago because  I didn't even know it was existed also didn't think to do that before. Fans forum is a new concept for me.

Turkish or not, it is all about LCFC for me and my club comes first but repeating again don't rate BR. Sorry, just can't admit something I don't believe.

Taking this at face value, fair enough.

Tell me though - and perhaps we should talk about this elsewhere, as this thread is meant to be about Cenghis - of all the Leicester managers we've had since you were a fan (MO'N onwards), perhaps you could tell me which amongst them you rate higher, and why.

17 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Taking this at face value, fair enough.

Tell me though - and perhaps we should talk about this elsewhere, as this thread is meant to be about Cenghis - of all the Leicester managers we've had since you were a fan (MO'N onwards), perhaps you could tell me which amongst them you rate higher, and why.

Ok, here is the snapshot,

-Martin O'Neill , because he achieved so much with very limited resources .

- I liked Puel even he had a dismal record. He always encouraged brave attacking football.

Edited by kiwiturk
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

-Nigel Pearson, because he put us in EPL 

- I liked Puel even he had a dismal record. He always encouraged brave attacking football.

Ok, I'm out. I'm afraid I just don't believe you.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

Haha. Never say never mate.

I used to be a professional and played in 2 countries and capped twice in my junior years.

I have an also A grade coaching licence which allows me to coach any team around the world. But my active football days is over. 

About the BR......

I don't rate him. We are all different individuals with the different opinions. 

Cengiz is finito here . Good riddance to him.

5000/1 seems reasonable odds.

14 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

Claude, is that you?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

Stats from TransferMarkt on games managed for Leicester.

Puel:

Played - 67

Goals - 105

Goals per game - 1.57

Rodgers:

Played - 97

Goals - 174

Goals per game - 1.81

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

:nigel:   You can't have watched us under Puel. I suspect your strong dislike for Rodgers is more to do with him not selecting Under. That's OK.

lol

I appreciated what Puel had done for us in beginning the transformation from rugby team to a team cabable of playing football, but he did anything but encourage brave attacking football haha.

Edited by filbertway

Were the Algerian lads who came to the forum after we signed Ghezzel as blind as the Turkish fans we’ve inherited with Ünder? To say Rodgers is ‘incompetent’ is just ridiculous. We are 3rd in the EPL with an injury list as long as Cags slong with a fixture schedule as busy as Kante, I think the majority of true Leicester fans find this just amazing. If you can’t get behind Brodge just because he’s not favoured Ünder just shows you’ve a biased opinion @kiwiturk. We have played some outstanding football this season and gained some truly great results. Our record against the big 6 is the best in the country I believe or close to it. We are in the FA cup and progressed to the knock outs of the Europo cup and haven’t been outside of the top 5 for best part of two years. All under the stewardship of Brodge ... to call him incompetent is just silly and makes you appear extremely biased. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kiwiturk said:

:crylaugh:In all my years on here, I haven't half read some shite, but this takes the biscuit.

You need to be a lot more subtle than this. People will see through this like it isn't even there.

This is either a weak trolling attempt, or you're upset that Under's not playing enough. I suspect the latter. We're 3rd in the league at the business end of the season, and we've had serious injury problems for a whole year. I think Brendan's doing an exceptional job with what he's got.

Under just hasn't impressed since he's been here, and the manager can't be blamed for that. Maybe Under's just a poor fit for the club or the league. Maybe he's just not as good as you thought. I'm sorry, but you can't take it out on Rodgers. I think he's exceeding most people's expectations.

1 hour ago, kiwiturk said:

HAHA what Mr "side to side to side and back" Puel brave attacking football? Are you an Ostrich? lol

19 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Ok, I'm out. I'm afraid I just don't believe you.

Quite frankly I really don't give a damn you believe me or not.

If you want to act like an official LCFC historian, I'm afraid you better get a life.

There is nothing wrong what I wrote as I still believe giving the limited sources given to him, MON was the greatest manager of this club's history.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kiwiturk said:

Quite frankly I really don't give a damn you believe me or not.

If you want to act like an official LCFC historian, I'm afraid you better get a life.

There is nothing wrong what I wrote as I still believe giving the limited sources given to him, MON was the greatest manager of this club's history.

Tell you what kiwi - I really couldn't care less.

22 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

The foundation totally messed up by all his predecessors, you mean? .

How was the foundations .messed up by his predecessors lol Ranieri won the title. I urge you to go back and see the team line up against WBA Iin Shakespeare's last game and compare it to the team we had when Puel left. I dont care how many flaws Puel had but what he did right was build a decent foundation for Rodgers. So many of the players we love today was brought in under Puel. He recalled Barnes and gave hin a run in the team. He persisted with Chilwell when many on here were ready to drive him to Huddersfield for free. Rodgers is great for us but the revisionism on here is amazing.

Edited by Koke
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

How was the foundations .messed up by his predecessors lol Ranieri won the title. I urge you to go back and see the team line up against WBA Iin Shakespeare's last game and compare it to the team we had when Puel left. I dont care how many flaws Puel had but what he did right was build a decent foundation for Rodgers. So many of the players we love today was brought in under Puel. He recalled Barnes and gave hin a run in the team. He persisted with Chilwell when many on here were ready to drive him to Huddersfield for free. Rodgers is great for us but the revisionism on here is amazing.

Revisionism? Rodgers is patently more successful than the 2 guys before him, and we were about to sink under Ranieri. My point was he's using the resources to hand much better than his predecessors - disagree all you like, but spare me the accusation.

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

Revisionism? Rodgers is patently more successful than the 2 guys before him, and we were about to sink under Ranieri. My point was he's using the resources to hand much better than his predecessors - disagree all you like, but spare me the accusation.

You said BR predecessors messed up the foundations which is simply not true. 

• Like 1

Just now, Koke said:

You said BR predecessors messed up the foundations which is simply not true. 

I was trying to make the point that what the OP said was ridiculous, given he was trying to claim that BR is a bad coach/manager. Perhaps I could have worded it better, but surely you're not agreeing that Puel was a better manager, which is the claim that was made?

4 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I was trying to make the point that what the OP said was ridiculous, given he was trying to claim that BR is a bad coach/manager. Perhaps I could have worded it better, but surely you're not agreeing that Puel was a better manager, which is the claim that was made?

No Rodgers is definitely better. No doubt about that. 

• Like 1