Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

22 hours ago, Nod.E said:

Stats from TransferMarkt on games managed for Leicester.

Puel:

Played - 67

Goals - 105

Goals per game - 1.57

Rodgers:

Played - 97

Goals - 174

Goals per game - 1.81

Whilst the stats speak for themselves I'd presumed Rodgers would be more superior than that somehow. Although better statistically, it also has to be taken into account that's he's had a far superior group of players to achieve it with.

• Like 2

I originally thought Under was an excellent signing, touted as one of the best young prospects in Europe a few years a go and an attacking right winger. Getting him on a year's loan with an option to buy was also great business.

The undisputed fact of the matter is he has failed here. The RW spot has been up for grabs all season and without doubt our weakest position when everyone is fit. Under has failed to deliver whenever given a chance and even with Barnes and Maddison out still can't get a game which is damning. BR also will be judging him not just what he sees on the pitch but the training ground, Under has been a huge disappointment and that's no one's fault but his own. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I originally thought Under was an excellent signing, touted as one of the best young prospects in Europe a few years a go and an attacking right winger. Getting him on a year's loan with an option to buy was also great business.

The undisputed fact of the matter is he has failed here. The RW spot has been up for grabs all season and without doubt our weakest position when everyone is fit. Under has failed to deliver whenever given a chance and even with Barnes and Maddison out still can't get a game which is damning. BR also will be judging him not just what he sees on the pitch but the training ground, Under has been a huge disappointment and that's no one's fault but his own. 

I agree about Under and I'm sure the club will hopefully have a few players they will target. I'd also say that the same is said about the LW. Without Barnes we had Chilwell running up that flank with crossing and we have albrighton but he isn't a left winger. So to me it seems like we are in the shitter on both flanks at the minute.

On 04/03/2021 at 13:49, filbertway said:

lol

I appreciated what Puel had done for us in beginning the transformation from rugby team to a team cabable of playing football, but he did anything but encourage brave attacking football haha.

I liked Puel more than most but he transformed us from a 'rugby' team?

He inherited Mahrez, Vardy, Grey, Iborra... We were hardly ****ing a rugby team. That's just daft. 

Under is a bit of an enigma for us right now. You can say on one hand he's not had the 'proper' amount of time to bed into our style of play and the intensity of the premier league BUT who does at this elite level. Under is not a young academy product where we have to nurture slowly. He's been playing at the top level in Europe. Doesn't matter if its serie A or Turkish leagues. irregardless I could go on but he's had some time now to get fit, get sharp and get smart to the job at hand. He has the abilities and the weapons to succeed but has not used them wisely when given the opportunities. He knows he's here on loan and with that comes conditions to impress i he really wants to stay if he doesn't than its simple just don't impress and he won't get played and sent back to Roma. It's tough love but we all want him to succeed as thats good for Leicester. We cannot afford to carry passengers in the position we are in. If Under gets another chance he has to come good and make a positive impact; score a goal when he gets the chance or pass the ball when its the better option or tackle back if he loses the ball. If he needs inspiration watch Raphina at Leeds and how he's acclimated to playing in the premier league and his decision making.

2 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Under is a bit of an enigma for us right now. You can say on one hand he's not had the 'proper' amount of time to bed into our style of play and the intensity of the premier league BUT who does at this elite level. Under is not a young academy product where we have to nurture slowly. He's been playing at the top level in Europe. Doesn't matter if its serie A or Turkish leagues. irregardless I could go on but he's had some time now to get fit, get sharp and get smart to the job at hand. He has the abilities and the weapons to succeed but has not used them wisely when given the opportunities. He knows he's here on loan and with that comes conditions to impress i he really wants to stay if he doesn't than its simple just don't impress and he won't get played and sent back to Roma. It's tough love but we all want him to succeed as thats good for Leicester. We cannot afford to carry passengers in the position we are in. If Under gets another chance he has to come good and make a positive impact; score a goal when he gets the chance or pass the ball when its the better option or tackle back if he loses the ball. If he needs inspiration watch Raphina at Leeds and how he's acclimated to playing in the premier league and his decision making.

...that sounds very American,  is that a country where you have lived!!!

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

I liked Puel more than most but he transformed us from a 'rugby' team?

He inherited Mahrez, Vardy, Grey, Iborra... We were hardly ****ing a rugby team. That's just daft. 

We weren't great on the ball tbf. We hoofed it a lot and relied heavily on Mahrez alone as the creator. Simpson didn't go past the halfway line and Morgan treated the ball like a hot potato. Maguire, Iborra and Mahrez could play but overall the team Puel inherited struggled to carve teams open with team passing. 

I wouldn't call us a rugby team (that's Burnley) but we were disjointed and unconvincing on the ball.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

I think the narrative of Under having not delivered - whenever - given a chance is factually wrong.

First half of the season he had a handful of cameos in the PL and delivered crucial assists, aswell as scoring in his Cup and Europa appearances. You can read in the earlier pages how many users ( not just the typical Under fanboy's) were screaming for him to get more starts instead of Perez or Albrighton. Especially Perez was probably the scapegoat for bad perfomances in this forum before his injury, which has now been passed onto Cengiz it seems haha. 

Then Under finally got to start vs. Everton ( I think the game was lost) and he didn't make an impact in that game for the first time probably, but the whole team was just bad that day.  

As we all know injuries came and the system had to be revamped with little space for Under to start, aswell as him getting injured for a few games himself.  

I think that's pretty much the story of the first half of the Season for Under, everything after that I would agree that he has failed to take his chances in the Europa League and the few PL camoes he had since then, but then again to his defence it was always a bit hard for him to get into rythm with the little playing time he had PLUS the game's where he had been subbed on , have been matches were the whole offense was just weak and he didn't do much worse nor better than them .

In conclusion, yes he has failed but I do think he was mismanaged a bit after a promising start to his Leicester career and also was unlucky to be one of the "victims" of Rodgers for having to change up the system more defensively because of all the injuries. That in combination with Under seeming to be a very confidence based player and him kind of forcing things  whenever he got a cameo , just to show Rodgers he belongs in this team, was his ultimate recipe for failing.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Whilst the stats speak for themselves I'd presumed Rodgers would be more superior than that somehow. Although better statistically, it also has to be taken into account that's he's had a far superior group of players to achieve it with.

I mean average it over a season and it's about 10 more goals. Pretty significant.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nod.E said:

I mean average it over a season and it's about 10 more goals. Pretty significant.

Yes it is but it's over those particular games played and doesn't necessarily project to the future for a repeat. My point was though that whatever Puel did, he did it with a far poorer set of options. Also, if you were to take away one unusual 9 goal win against a poor Southampton side on the night that ruins the averages somewhat also. However, please don't take it for one minute I'd want to swap back 🤣

On 04/03/2021 at 16:56, casablancas said:

Were the Algerian lads who came to the forum after we signed Ghezzel as blind as the Turkish fans we’ve inherited with Ünder? To say Rodgers is ‘incompetent’ is just ridiculous. We are 3rd in the EPL with an injury list as long as Cags slong with a fixture schedule as busy as Kante, I think the majority of true Leicester fans find this just amazing. If you can’t get behind Brodge just because he’s not favoured Ünder just shows you’ve a biased opinion @kiwiturk. We have played some outstanding football this season and gained some truly great results. Our record against the big 6 is the best in the country I believe or close to it. We are in the FA cup and progressed to the knock outs of the Europo cup and haven’t been outside of the top 5 for best part of two years. All under the stewardship of Brodge ... to call him incompetent is just silly and makes you appear extremely biased. 

Spaniards or Italians  might think that Bale, Owen, Cole, Rooney, Becham fans are blind and biased either. I really wonder how much minutes have you watched Under to come up with your final judgement. I can count you names of great players who hadnt impressed in their first year in a new league

Edited by Greyowl

8 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

I know it's been dismissed but still can't help but wonder if there's a fee we have to pay if he plays 10 league games / 20 appearances. He's on 9 / 19. Or even worse, an agreement to sign him.

There isn’t an agreement to sign him based on appearances

there may be a stepped loan fee based on appearances but that isn’t why he isn’t playing ....

• Like 1

On 06/03/2021 at 15:08, Greyowl said:

Spaniards or Italians  might think that Bale, Owen, Cole, Rooney, Becham fans are blind and biased either. I really wonder how much minutes have you watched Under to come up with your final judgement. I can count you names of great players who hadnt impressed in their first year in a new league

Read it again and tell me exactly where I mention Ünder in a negative context. 

• 4 weeks later...