Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

8 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Best way to beat them is to play everyone that's comfortable with the ball at their feet under pressure.

Mendy should play IMO. Keep the ball and keep them running while we're jogging. 

Wouldn't play Under because he's incapable of sustaining an attack. He'd just be giving the ball back to Burnley all game to give them opportunities to boot the ball forward.

Agreed with the last paragraph. Under is a counter attacking side's dream, man cannot retain possession.

8 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Agreed with the last paragraph. Under is a counter attacking side's dream, man cannot retain possession.

This is what I'm most disappointed by. He needs to learn to take the easy pass sometimes. He doesn't need to provide he killer ball every time he receives a pass. More one-two's (he's very good at these), less manic dribbling at players without an end-goal, please.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Beechey said:

This is what I'm most disappointed by. He needs to learn to take the easy pass sometimes. He doesn't need to provide he killer ball every time he receives a pass. More one-two's (he's very good at these), less manic dribbling at players without an end-goal, please.

Perfectly put! How I wanted to say it before in this thread he always tries to force situations that aren't there, he has no patience. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Yeah I remember that game against Reading. Don't think he scored or assisted but you could see the man had unreal ability. Got one of their lads sent off IIRC.

Still maintain that Mahrez has the best first touch in world football. Would chop a bollock off to have him back.

Whose bollock ?

Edited by gurru991

Stop trying so hard lad, look for the pass, if it is. not on, turn around, lay it off, go again. There will be moments in the games, you don’t have to force it,  you ain’t Harvey...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Stop trying so hard lad, look for the pass, if it is. not on, turn around, lay it off, go again. There will be moments in the games, you don’t have to force it,  you ain’t Harvey...

but without Harvey... who is going to do it?

Well he is probably the freshest player we have who has enough minutes under his belt to also be considered match fit, so he has to start IMO.

12 games to seriously impress. You just never know. Could be our wildcard that actually pays off :fc:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, STUHILL said:

Well he is probably the freshest player we have who has enough minutes under his belt to also be considered match fit, so he has to start IMO.

12 games to seriously impress. You just never know. Could be our wildcard that actually pays off :fc:

He’s trying too hard when he gets his brief moments. Needs to chill out and engage the little grey cells. Otherwise he’s just a Turkish Gray. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

thats our problem, differently is Puel ball

.. Puel ball is much the same that we continue to witness on occasions!!!

The inability to move the ball quickly and side to side passes has been  a feature of our game since Claudio's second season and it still comes back to haunt us.

We look bereft of ideas against teams sitting deep and we struggle to find an answer some years later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peterborofox said:

Hope he comes in and does well. 

Personally have my doubts tho, doesn't seem to have adapted well to our league. Definitely now or never for him

I have some doubts too ,I think we may already have blown it, and Ünder will be very mature for his age if we have n't. Either we made a bad mistake at his "interview" or we've made a bad mistake since . It has to be one or the other. When I employed someone who did n't work out (only happened once) I was never in any doubt where the blame lay. Luckily we relied on 3 interviews mine initially, then one by my boss, then one by Personnel dept. I carried the can for failure so I had the  final veto . If I had n't they'd obviously have been looking for two people. I spent a lot of time on recruitment when I needed someone. At least I was smart enough to realise I'd get that time back with interest , in  money,  time , and results.

Football (not necessarily LCFC)  is still pretty primitive compared with other fields of activity, its methods are imo stone age and needlessly very very expensive in money and people.

Edited by Alan Frost

38 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I think it is often a case of trying to play like a Man City, but not quite having all 11 players capable of it 100% of the time. 

Rodgers is clearly trying to set a high standard for us, and when we hit that standard, we look incredible and play top teams off the park. 

He often bemoans the fact we don't move the ball quick enough when we play poorly, and we do often end up with Puel ball when we aren't at it. 

I think it's a combination of needing more investment in quality players that suit Rodger's style but also a stubbornness of Rodgers to play that one style no matter what. 

I think if Top sanctions a few signings in the Summer and Rodgers also finds a different, more direct way of playing if we are really struggling in a game, then we could become an even more formidable force next season.

...I do expect we will pick up and be better next season with additional players, that is logical!!!

What I struggle to understand is why players like Maddison, Tielemans, Barnes and Vardy do not take quick free kicks with the opposition out of position, it just never seems to cross their minds. Quick free kicks with a set of players we have with our fast break DNA and we do not look to take advantage in that situation.

We can become far too rigid with a team playing deep and you can see the believe draining from the team as we have no other way in order to break them down. You take a look around and there is a zombie like malaise and no one willing to think outside the box to overcome out predictability.

• Like 3

He hasn't taken his opportunity here, But we're still the best opportunity he has of getting a decent move in the Summer provided he picks himself up and show what he's made off.

Otherwise he'll end up signing for some mediocre team playing in a minor league. 

I am still hopeful he will do well. He looks older than he is and I think it’s easy to forget he’s still relatively young, playing in the premier league for the first time, and the majority of time that he has come in it has been during really tricky moments during the match. Hopefully over the next few matches, which on paper should be easier for him to settle into, he will start contributing more like he’s done so far in the EL and showing us what he can do

• Like 1

The close friends to Cengiz, described him a very emotional person. I agree with the most of the comments here that he won't stay here and he knows that.

I believe that BR dropping him right after Arsenal and EL league game where he voted MOTM for both was utter disappointment for him. He lost faith in BR, to his fairness and  to his system where he's got one standard game plan played by same group players and limited rotation policy simply what I called one size fits all dress mentality.

We all clearly saw that in Arsenal game where we have only 28% ball possession.

Anyway done is done and I hope he will do good for the Foxes in this much needed time.

• Like 1