Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

Guest Underfan
3 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

What makes me laugh about this is that somewhere in the depths of a Man City forum, some poor f***er is having this same conversation with a random Algerian. 

Next time you want to laugh try looking at your  pee pee if you manage to find in the depths of yout random fatty belly.

It’s not too late for him, sometimes it can take players a while to settle in at a new club and with a new manager, style of play etc, to see this you have to look no further than the man currently keeping him out of the team, Albrighton hardly featured at all in his first season until around spring/great escape time iirc

14 minutes ago, Underfan said:

Next time you want to laugh try looking at your  pee pee if you manage to find in the depths of yout random fatty belly.

Congratulations! After about 5+ years on this page, you've just popped my 'Ignore' cherry. You're just a daft wee boy, not worth my time. 

Guest Underfan
59 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Congratulations! After about 5+ years on this page, you've just popped my 'Ignore' cherry. You're just a daft wee boy, not worth my time. 

it is either you are so much into offensive words or too much p*rn is bad for brain.

2 hours ago, Underfan said:

Are you 12 years old.?

Try and carry yourself with some class.

No-one wants to read your juvenile inane remarks.

I find the whole thing bizarre. You'd have thought that when he has appeared, he's been so poor. That Brendan doesn't dare risk him. BUT that simply isn't the case. He's looked lively, dangerous and skilful as. Plus created chances. The smokescreen over his defensive frailties doesn't grab me I'm afraid. I didn't see him run away from tackles. Certainly no more than Madders or Perez.

There is witchcraft at play here. Or perhaps Brendan isn't convinced (50/50), and if we play him too much were obligated. It's all a bit odd to me. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I find the whole thing bizarre. You'd have thought that when he has appeared, he's been so poor. That Brendan doesn't dare risk him. BUT that simply isn't the case. He's looked lively, dangerous and skilful as. Plus created chances. The smokescreen over his defensive frailties doesn't grab me I'm afraid. I didn't see him run away from tackles. Certainly no more than Madders or Perez.

There is witchcraft at play here. Or perhaps Brendan isn't convinced (50/50), and if we play him too much were obligated. It's all a bit odd to me. 

He is better defensively than Barnes, so if Rodgers isn't prepared to have them both on at the same time in tight games that we are winning then give Barnes a bit of a rest? Fulham away was astonishing that we took all attacking players off and shut up shop, when it was the perfect game for Ünder to come on for Barnes on 70 mins and as Fulham came forward, we picked them off. That really infuriated me, I don't know why Rodgers has become so cautious.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That's one way of looking at it, another is that Rodgers pretty much only ever brings Ünder on in the league when we are losing and that's not the best environment for a new player to try and make a name for himself. Especially given we have been ridiculously poor this season of coming from behind in games and getting anything. 

Ünder was about the only bright spark when he came on at home to Fulham, likewise away in Zoryha where he had several good chances. 

Its been difficult for him to play when Albrighton has had such a renaissance in performance levels (even though he still barely scores or assists) but when we have to watch the absolute pony that Ayoze Perez served on Sunday and still remain on the field for some of the 2nd half then it is fair we are aggrieved. I think Rodgers doesn't trust Cengo, but I also think Rodgers has become far too cautious this season and this could be clouding his judgement. 

Let's hope Ünder puts in a good performance vs Brighton and it helps strengthen his case for a start in the league. At the very least he can help us remain in the hunt for the FA Cup and Europa League as he will start most of those games.

I listed those games because underfan asked me to state which games he'd played in where Leicester hadn't succeeded, and those he'd played no part in where we had. The point being the team are doing just fine without him, and the team is the most important, so I'm happy if he doesn't play as long as that continues, and I'm happy for him to play, as long as our success continues.

I'm yeah, I hope he plays well against Brighton. I hope he plays well everytime he plays. I hope that because if he does then its good for Leicester. I couldn't care less about Under himself as long the team keep progressing. So as I said before, I'm indifferent to whether Under plays or not, if the club keep doing well. Whereas the vibe I get from some fans, not just the Under fanboys is that they want him to play, because the want Under to do well. I mean in the title winning season nobody was begging for Inler to get a game because they felt sorry for him not playing. The club were near the top all season and if we manage to do that mostly without some players playing so be it.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I think Rodgers likes predictable players.  He likes guys who play on the part of the pitch they’re supposed to play and don’t deviate from the script.  Under isn’t that.  It’s a minority opinion but I think Mahrez would have struggled to get on the pitch under BR.  Just not his kind of player.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

I listed those games because underfan asked me to state which games he'd played in where Leicester hadn't succeeded, and those he'd played no part in where we had. The point being the team are doing just fine without him, and the team is the most important, so I'm happy if he doesn't play as long as that continues, and I'm happy for him to play, as long as our success continues.

I'm yeah, I hope he plays well against Brighton. I hope he plays well everytime he plays. I hope that because if he does then its good for Leicester. I couldn't care less about Under himself as long the team keep progressing. So as I said before, I'm indifferent to whether Under plays or not, if the club keep doing well. Whereas the vibe I get from some fans, not just the Under fanboys is that they want him to play, because the want Under to do well. I mean in the title winning season nobody was begging for Inler to get a game because they felt sorry for him not playing. The club were near the top all season and if we manage to do that mostly without some players playing so be it.

...no one was calling for Inler because he did not bring anything to the table!!!

What we have, is a player with massive potential being passed over time and again for no apparent reason.  If there was a poll to play him I would suspect 90% would be for giving him more match time. Should he then stink the place out,  then we know that he is not what we need, but we have to give him the chance to fail or succeed. 

I understand what you mean regarding the club is the primary consideration but it feels like some kind of injustice just leaving him to rot on the bench. 

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He is better defensively than Barnes, so if Rodgers isn't prepared to have them both on at the same time in tight games that we are winning then give Barnes a bit of a rest? Fulham away was astonishing that we took all attacking players off and shut up shop, when it was the perfect game for Ünder to come on for Barnes on 70 mins and as Fulham came forward, we picked them off. That really infuriated me, I don't know why Rodgers has become so cautious.

Go back to the 0-9 Southampton thrashing and BR's post match comments were along the line of the team should never stop going for goal in every game they play.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...no one was calling for Inler because he did not bring anything to the table!!!

What we have, is a player with massive potential being passed over time and again for no apparent reason.  If there was a poll to play him I would suspect 90% would be for giving him more match time. Should he then stink the place out,  then we know that he is not what we need, but we have to give him the chance to fail or succeed. 

I understand what you mean regarding the club is the primary consideration but it feels like some kind of injustice just leaving him to rot on the bench. 

You're assuming Under will bring something to the table, with nothing to base it on other than a few fleeting appearances. Inler came with a great reputation back then, based on your thinking he should have got more game time to prove one way or the other if he would bring anything. He got less opportunities in a whole season than Under has so far. We are doing fine without Under, so that's the reason. Rodgers has made plenty of mistakes, like persisting with 3 at the back when it's clear I doesn't work, but on the whole his team selection and personal have pushed the club forward, and he clearly doesn't think Under is yet ready to add anything others already do. If Rodgers feels he won't add anything, or in fact take something away from the team as a whole, and the team is continuing to move forward whilst he leaves Under "rotting" then its fine by me. There is no injustice, just a player struggling to get into a successful team. He won't be the first and he won't be the last.

As I've said before, if he plays and does well great, but I'm not desperate for him to play, and neither should any Leicester fan be whilst the club continues to progress 

Tight games Albrighton is the go to man ..  puts in a defensive shift and has a knack of finding Jamie when attacking ...   Under is great going forward but as yet hasn't mastered the art of getting back and defending. (Ref BR in the article).   I'm sure BR will be working on this and if (big if ?) he can add that to his game, then we will have a player we might well want to keep.

IMG_5679.jpg

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Tight games Albrighton is the go to man ..  puts in a defensive shift and has a knack of finding Jamie when attacking ...   Under is great going forward but as yet hasn't mastered the art of getting back and defending. (Ref BR in the article).   I'm sure BR will be working on this and if (big if ?) he can add that to his game, then we will have a player we might well want to keep.

IMG_5679.jpg

..there are statistics being posted on this forum that he is better defensively than Barnes!!!

It doesn't matter what we see, unless we are privy to the goings on behind the scenes, we are not going to know the real reason why he is not getting game time.

54 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Go back to the 0-9 Southampton thrashing and BR's post match comments were along the line of the team should never stop going for goal in every game they play.

And yet most times we have been 2 goals to the good by half time or shortly after this season, he has completely shut the game down. If this is because of the amount of games we have to play this season and to conserve energy then I dispute that as I don't see how replacing attacking players with other attacking players collectively makes the team more physically and mentally fatigued. If anything the mental awareness of taking the foot off the gas leads to lacklustre displays in the next game such as we showed vs Wolves.

10 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..there are statistics being posted on this forum that he is better defensively than Barnes!!!

It doesn't matter what we see, unless we are privy to the goings on behind the scenes, we are not going to know the real reason why he is not getting game time.

As i said, that is what BR says in the article ...    doesn't really matter what the FT stats say ..

IMG_5682.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I agree with all this and it would be very telling, if he's fit, if he didn't get to play in this. Unless he's unhappy here or there's some kind of underlying attitude issue it's a little bit odd. Also, not every player is going to light the place up in training, a full competitive match at least is required to make some kind of judgements. Players aren't machines and possibly he's having problems adapting and Rodgers is protecting him, allegedly Soyuncu struggled a bit in this respect at first and now look at him. It he plays I wish him well because you can definitely see some talent there.

10 hours ago, Sly said:

31 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

IMG_5679.jpg

I read this stuff and the only thing I can think of is that the guy was purchased as a bit of a project for Rodgers. They had to know he wasn't the finished article. Besides Barnes all we have are wide players with everything that Rodgers wants except goals, which Under has. When Rodgers finds a way to mix the best attributes of Albrighton and Under together we will finally have the complete player we've been asking for. Maybe Under is that guy. Better to spend 3 mil than 30 to find that out.

We were all patient last season as Tielemans retooled to fit into Rodgers system. This feels like the same mentally and physically.

27 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

As i said, that is what BR says in the article ...    doesn't really matter what the FT stats say ..

IMG_5682.jpg

Thank You. ......... in black and white. You can bet Under is working his ass off right now because if he can't do the work Rodgers is talking about then I doubt he's going to cut it in the Premier League. Not for a Top 6 club at least.

Didn't Mahrez have a hard time breaking into the Man City lineup? Same issues perhaps?

If anything surely against a wing backs is the one tile you don't need a wide man to be working back as much, it's a 1 vs 1.

I'm with Ric though, if Brendan is so scared of the other team, the pop Under on for Barnes and give him a rest after an hour ot so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

And yet most times we have been 2 goals to the good by half time or shortly after this season, he has completely shut the game down. If this is because of the amount of games we have to play this season and to conserve energy then I dispute that as I don't see how replacing attacking players with other attacking players collectively makes the team more physically and mentally fatigued. If anything the mental awareness of taking the foot off the gas leads to lacklustre displays in the next game such as we showed vs Wolves.

Absolutely. You never see man city or liverpool do it. In fact liverpool in their title win last season practivally played the team all through the season and into some of the cup matches too and CL as well as the season being condensed in matches I.e. 2 a week. Totally agree about players and fatigue and I think it's been proven by many teams over the years that if you have a team that gel (like we were both last year in and around the Southampton game and most of this season but only up until november/december). You can see Cags with a lack of confidence now on the ball. The beginning of the season with Fofana/evans/Castagna/JJ/Barnes/Maddison/Tielemans/Ndidi/Perez/vardy was fantastic and the style they played made them naturally attack and I didnt see one fatigued player during that time even through the Europa games (aside from some injurys). BR is losing his own philosophy a little and I can only hope that we get back that team above and be the best that we can be.

• Like 1