Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

CITY V Burnley POST MATCH 4-2

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

well half a goal

have a look how its arrived at

they missed a couple very good openings - the one at the end by wood can be dismissed as the game was all but over and we had lost our concentration.  taking that out would leave it as a fairly even 1-1.

https://understat.com/match/14103

I disagree....Their First goal was a blatant push on Justin..how VAR & ref,missed that...wow.

I mean Welford Road & KP has a few hundred meters between them,even a Spec-savers,& 4 replays......

Then they give Red cards for Wetting your pants..I

Covid After effects;  Refs & VAR blind to Two handed push offs...

So First goal from Burnley Shouldnt of stood...!!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I disagree....Their First goal was a blatant push on Justin..how VAR & ref,missed that...wow.

I mean Welford Road & KP has a few hundred meters between them,even a Spec-savers,& 4 replays......

Then they give Red cards for Wetting your pants..I

Covid After effects;  Refs & VAR blind to Two handed push offs...

So First goal from Burnley Shouldnt of stood...!!

Ok but What’s all that got to do with the Xg ??  

4 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The whole weekend was not good for xG. 39 I believe and xG predicted 26. 

xG doesn’t compute goals like the own goal for example. Pieters misses the block Vardy taps in 

Burnley had one lasy year.  Westwood took a corner that went in but was cleared from behind the line to Mee who tapped it in.  Because it went in from the corner, it was xg 0.01.  If the clearance had been six inches further forward it would have been xg about 0.85.  It's 1 incident and it's 1 goal but the xg differs wildly because the clearance was a millisecond late.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I felt the complete opposite. Thought we controlled the game perfectly and didn't even get twitchy when they scored their 2nd. 

Always felt we'd comfortably win that after we equalised, mainly because Burnley didn't look like threatening our makeshift back 4. Much like last weekend, we controlled the game and it looked like we had our swagger back. Burnley scored 2 goals that were typical Burnley, we could have done better for both goals, but we always looked like we could score more than them.

Our true test comes next weekend, we can't really take much from our 1st 2 games unfortunately, but then again, Man City away is almost a free shot. 

So far, we're 6 from 6. Reading the doom and gloom on here a few weeks ago, that's more than was expected but I always thought 9 points from our 1st 4 or 5 fixtures was going to be a good return, so on to the next. But early signs are promising and that 9 points from the 1st 5 should really now be 10-12 points 

Basically I agree with you. Not so much about the Burnley match (I still feel we're vulnerable defensively), but in general it's been a great start. 

Actually I wasn't pessimistic before the season started, and in fact came on here to point out reasons for optimism.

It's just after many decades as a City fan, I probably expect us to shoot ourselves in the foot...

That said, I think this team has the potential to do great things. I think we can break the top 4 even, which seems to put me in the minority on this forum. We need another defender, though. 

5 hours ago, Stoopid said:

Basically I agree with you. Not so much about the Burnley match (I still feel we're vulnerable defensively), but in general it's been a great start. 

Actually I wasn't pessimistic before the season started, and in fact came on here to point out reasons for optimism.

It's just after many decades as a City fan, I probably expect us to shoot ourselves in the foot...

That said, I think this team has the potential to do great things. I think we can break the top 4 even, which seems to put me in the minority on this forum. We need another defender, though. 

I’m of the same view we are a very well balanced side . Rogers gets quite a bit of stick but I clearly one of the best managers we have ever had . Get the players back and another addition or two we will be up there . I also fancy us against man city . 9-1 good odds 

• Like 1

I noticed some people criticise'd Justin, one of them was a hard Chilwell fan, my opinion is though he may have been out muscled in the game, but his overall gameplay is a clear improvement over the player we sold, the 2nd goal started from his pass, and I think Chilwell like most of the time he is in that spot would have lost the ball instead.