Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

CITY V Burnley POST MATCH 4-2

35 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

We've played West Brom and Burnley.

The sort of fixtures we would’ve slumped in six months ago. And we didn’t just scrape past them, we scored seven goals in the process. The signs are there and gives us massive belief going into the Man City game top of the tree (even if it’s just after two games).

2 hours ago, Stoopid said:

Slightly flattering scoreline I felt - if Chris Wood had put that one in instead of hitting the post (nice one, Woody!) It could have got messy.  

Didn't feel confident personally till Dennis smacked in that screamer. 

Ashley Barnes was a big miss for them. 

I felt the complete opposite. Thought we controlled the game perfectly and didn't even get twitchy when they scored their 2nd. 

Always felt we'd comfortably win that after we equalised, mainly because Burnley didn't look like threatening our makeshift back 4. Much like last weekend, we controlled the game and it looked like we had our swagger back. Burnley scored 2 goals that were typical Burnley, we could have done better for both goals, but we always looked like we could score more than them.

Our true test comes next weekend, we can't really take much from our 1st 2 games unfortunately, but then again, Man City away is almost a free shot. 

So far, we're 6 from 6. Reading the doom and gloom on here a few weeks ago, that's more than was expected but I always thought 9 points from our 1st 4 or 5 fixtures was going to be a good return, so on to the next. But early signs are promising and that 9 points from the 1st 5 should really now be 10-12 points 

Edited by Jimbo
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

I don't really know how to explain this correctly but Castagne looks to be a "proper" top class player.

He doesn't appear to have a fault to his game in that right back/right wing back role.

His decision making is genuinely astonishing. Always knows when to pass, when to run, when to drop off etc.

Give me Ricardo/Ndidi/Tielemans/Soyuncu type vibes. A genuinely top class player already with room to develop.

I just hope to God he looks this comfortable on the left.

Schmeichel

Evans  Soyuncu

Ricardo                                                 Castagne

Ndidi

Maddison  Tielemans

Under                                             Barnes

Vardy

With Perez, Iheanacho, Justin, Fofana, Praet, Choudhury and Ward on the bench... To me this is the strongest Leicester side of all time.

That is easily the most impressive thing about him, e.g. instead of shooting when played in by Vardy, he saw the bodies in the way and passed to Barnes instead. Compare him to Chilwell and the difference is almost laughable. It's also why I think he will be fine on the left hand side because although he might have to cut in more often, you don't lose the ability to read the game or make a good decision. Also the way we play, our full backs get very high up the pitch and help build the attack, look at the pass Justin made to Tielemans who then passed to Castagne for the own goal last night for example. So it's not just about crossing, but expanding / accelerating the play, and Castagne will be great at that. His engine is ridiculous as well, he might already be the fittest player in the squad.

I've seen him play LWB for Atalanta twice and he was really good. Ilicic and Papu Gomez are always their stand out players, but the other times I saw them, Castagne and Gosens also stood out. Gosens is their actual LWB and had a bonkers season last time round (10 goals, 8 assists), but Castagne was always good. Gosens always looked like a winger turned into a wing back, whereas Castagne always looked like a full-back turned into a wing back if that makes any sense? Just a shame Atalanta want 40m for Gosens really, as I'd take the pair of them!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It’s a reference to when we played Newcastle in televised fixture years ago and the pundits raved lyrically about an average performance. 

As I’m on a Leicester forum, most will pick up the reference. So keep ya flatcap on 

Compared him to Ronaldinho didn't they lol

7 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Nope, not allowed, have to find faults, look for potential problems in the side for the next game.

Some folk I suspect could win £20m on the Lottery and would moan: "Yeah it's alright but why couldn't I win it last month when it was £50m..."

As a nation I think we don't enjoy the moment enough, which is a shame.

If you could provide the winning numbers, I'm more than happy to test your theory out lol

11 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Nope, not allowed, have to find faults, look for potential problems in the side for the next game.

Some folk I suspect could win £20m on the Lottery and would moan: "Yeah it's alright but why couldn't I win it last month when it was £50m..."

Our country used to be stiff upper lip but now  it’s pouty bottom lip and a box Of tissues. We could win the champions league and some idiots on here would think the club a shambles.

11 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

https://i.imgur.com/BRChQ0u.mp4

8 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I find it difficult to enjoy the moment when City are playing. Last night I just wanted it to end after Wood hit the post. I enjoy the game afterwards though. 

Funny how folk differ - I was confident at 1-0 down that we'd beat them. When the passing was on it, they couldn't get near us. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

This game goes to show that xG is a load of sh*t. According to xG Burnley had us on toast. 

well half a goal

have a look how its arrived at

they missed a couple very good openings - the one at the end by wood can be dismissed as the game was all but over and we had lost our concentration.  taking that out would leave it as a fairly even 1-1.

https://understat.com/match/14103

Edited by st albans fox

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Funny how folk differ - I was confident at 1-0 down that we'd beat them. When the passing was on it, they couldn't get near us. 

I agree, they couldn't get near us but they didn't have to. A big boot into the box or a set piece had every chance of undoing us. I expected the worst when they had that free kick just outside our box in the last 10 mins and I spent the remainder clock watching. Too many mental scars. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I agree, they couldn't get near us but they didn't have to. A big boot into the box or a set piece had every chance of undoing us. I expected the worst when they had that free kick just outside our box in the last 10 mins and I spent the remainder clock watching. Too many mental scars. 

The comedy defending cost us 2 goal against burnley... Burnley.   We have to get this sorted out.  I am less bothered about woods goal but how did they score no 2?

(We should resign wood)

22 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

The comedy defending cost us 2 goal against burnley... Burnley.   We have to get this sorted out.  I am less bothered about woods goal but how did they score no 2?

(We should resign wood)

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

well half a goal

have a look how its arrived at

they missed a couple very good openings - the one at the end by wood can be dismissed as the game was all but over and we had lost our concentration.  taking that out would leave it as a fairly even 1-1.

https://understat.com/match/14103

The whole weekend was not good for xG. 39 I believe and xG predicted 26. 

xG doesn’t compute goals like the own goal for example. Pieters misses the block Vardy taps in 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The whole weekend was not good for xG. 39 I believe and xG predicted 26. 

xG doesn’t compute goals like the own goal for example. Pieters misses the block Vardy taps in 

Pieters gets more of a touch and its a corner ……  you cant be judging chances based on players missing the ball !!

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

I find it difficult to enjoy the moment when City are playing. Last night I just wanted it to end after Wood hit the post. I enjoy the game afterwards though. 

I’m really not keen of watching us on the tele. I’m less nervous when I’m at the game for some reason. Yes at 3-1 I thought I could enjoy the last half an hour or so but most of it was torturous. 

2 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Back in the late 90’s early 2000’s we were Burnley. We should know from that not to underestimate a result like yesterday’s. We played a side who have, against all odds, continually finished mid-table in the premier league. I know they had a few injuries but they have a manager and coaching team that drills into their very thin squad, organisation. That organisation is very very hard to break down. Every player knows that it’s either 100% or you’ll be out of the side and possibly the club. 

We could’ve ended up losing that 1-0 after going a goal down. 

We could’ve ended up drawing it 3-3 after they’d scored their second. We didn’t. 

Burnley out of all teams were very much capable of doing that to us. 

There were many positives to take from yesterday’s game and given how we finished the season and especially the collapse against Bournemouth not so long ago, yesterday’s result offers us a good insight on how the team have grown.

Here here