Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

On Loan 2020/21

Mitch Clark back on loan to Port Vale until January.

Not sure I get why we signed him. On loan at Port Vale in the 18/19 season and signed on a free after being released by Villa. 6 months with u/23's and back to Port Vale again in the January of 19/20 season and then back to Port Vale for a third time in the 20/21 season. If it was to pad out the u/23's with a freebie I'd understand but he seems destined to be farmed out and released.

On 04/10/2020 at 08:02, Collymore said:

I feel you get different types of loans: the pressure pot type loan where you must do well for the sake of your career, often playing in a struggling team or the more relaxed 'I know I'm too good for this level' where you have real self belief, a bit like KDH at Blackpool last year. 

Look at the catastrophic loan of Ndunkwu to Southend - he's seemingly fell off the face of the Earth.

It must feel a lot like 'the last chance saloon' for a lot of those players out on loan at the moment. They must be feeling immense pressure as each game goes by where they're not progressing.

...that one was down to Ndukwu himself...!!!

In a team which all you had to do was to try in order for the supporters to back you and he found himself on the bench, much to the chagrin of the crowd. He never seems to look interested and does not get involved in games leading to the appearance of laziness and apathy.

I have said before, that I am not sure if this is really what he wants to do.

On 08/10/2020 at 09:50, WilmslowFox said:

Hmmm, pseudo-random almost cogent phrases... are you a bot?  Have we had a bot posting on FoxesTalk before?  Or is "pseudo-random and almost cogent" a fair summary of most FoxesTalk chat?

To be fair, I don't really understand all the negativity for Darnell.  In summer 2018 when a lot of the squad were late getting back from the World Cup I thought he looked our best player in pre-season, but he's never been given another chance with the first team since.  When he was loaned to Hibs he injured a Celtic player in his first game, and I've sometimes wondered if one of Brendan's motivations in joining us shortly afterwards was to take revenge on Darnell and ruin his career - sending him on loan to a club on the precipice of bankruptcy hasn't done anything to change that opinion.

...I think Darnel has progressed recently and it is quite clear he has taken onboard a change of his style of play!!!

Noticeable he now looks to get the ball down on the ground and his range of passing has improved and he is willing to come out of the backline to the midfield and attempt to spray passes to the wide players in a sort of quarterback role. His change of style married to a loan away from U23 football may give him the opportunity to show what he can do and not be constrained by the style of play around him stifling his progression.

On 09/10/2020 at 15:27, LCCFox96 said:

Mitch Clark back on loan to Port Vale until January.

Not sure I get why we signed him. On loan at Port Vale in the 18/19 season and signed on a free after being released by Villa. 6 months with u/23's and back to Port Vale again in the January of 19/20 season and then back to Port Vale for a third time in the 20/21 season. If it was to pad out the u/23's with a freebie I'd understand but he seems destined to be farmed out and released.

...Clarke is a bit of a dynamo within the U23s and stands out as one of the better players!!!

Very robust, attack minded, good on the ball and can score. Not sure why the yo yoing to Port Vale, either we are helping them out or it is reciprocal, i am not sure, but if it benefits both them I am ok with that.

Sam Hughes starting for Burton Albion vs Bristol Rovers

George Hirst on the bench for Rotherham United vs Norwich City

Josh Knight starting for Wycombe Wanderers vs Millwall

Darnell Johnson starting for Wigan Athletic vs Charlton Athletic

Mitch Clark starting for Port Vale vs Salford

Dewsbury-Hall (Luton) and Matty James (Barnsley) are not in the squads for todays games

Cardiff (Benkovic) and Leuven (Iversen, Sowah, Eppiah) play tomorrow, Besiktas (Ghezzal) play Monday

• Thanks 1

Full Time Scores (ratings from FotMob):

Sam Hughes (7.5 + 1 Assist + MOTM - 90 mins) - Burton Albion 1-1 Bristol Rovers

George Hirst (0 mins) -  Rotherham United 1-2 Norwich City

Josh Knight (6.2 + 1 Yellow Card - 90 mins) - Wycombe Wanderers 1-2 Millwall

Darnell Johnson (6.8 - 90 mins) - Wigan Athletic 0-1 Charlton Athletic

Mitch Clark (7.4 - 90 mins) - Port Vale 1-0 Salford

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Clearly  you are watching, laughable why waste your time commenting  clearly  a fan or a delude individual, sad that u cant kick a ball, key board  warrior is this platform  your only use for exercise 🙄 bore off,  save your happy messaging  for something positive.

Edited by Lcfc1980
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lcfc1980 said:

Clearly  you are watching, laughable why waste your time commenting  clearly  a fan or a delude individual, sad that u cant kick a ball, key board  warrior is this platform  your only for of exercise 🙄

Sorry to hear it’s not started well Emile 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Lcfc1980 said:

Clearly  you are watching, laughable why waste your time commenting  clearly  a fan or a delude individual, sad that u cant kick a ball, key board  warrior is this platform  your only use for exercise 🙄 bore off,  save your happy messaging  for something positive.

Who is this post aimed at? You do realise that @Lambert09has just posted a screenshot of a tweet from an actual Wigan fan, who, I assume, is watching their team play quite regularly.

• Like 1

6 players starting, 1 on the bench, 1 not in the squad for their respective loan clubs this afternoon:

Josh Knight - starting for Wycombe Wanderers vs Norwich City

Matty James - starting for Barnsley vs Millwall

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall - starting for Luton Town vs Sheffield Wed

Sam Hughes - starting for Burton Albion vs Wimbledon

Darnell Johnson - starting for Wigan Athletic vs Plymouth

Mitch Clark - starting for Port Vale vs Oldham

George Hirst - on the bench for Rotherham United vs Reading

Filip Benkovic - not in the squad for Cardiff City vs Middlesbrough

OH Leuven (Daniel Iversen, Kamal Sowah, Josh Eppiah) play tonight

Besiktas (Rachid Ghezzal) play Monday

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Benkers injured again I presume

Might not even be an injury

Seems like he only got on the bench last week because of injuries, so looks like currently he is the 4th choice CB behind Bamba

Edited by moore_94