Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

On Loan 2020/21

Full Time Scores

Championship:

Matty James (7.3 - 59 mins) - Barnsley 2-0 Derby

Kiernan Dewbsury-Hall (7.0) - Luton 1-1 Huddersfield

Josh Knight (7.1) - Wycombe 0-2 Nottingham Forest

George Hirst (0 mins) - Rotherham 2-1 Preston

FA Cup 1st Round:

Mitch Clark* - Port Vale 0-1 King's Lynn Town

*No player ratings available, but can assume he probably didn't have the best of games as Port Vale go out the FA Cup to non-league opponents

Edited by moore_94

Todays Games

FA Cup 1st Round:

Sam Hughes - starting for Burton vs Barnet

Darnell Johnson - not in squad for Wigan vs Chorley

As yesterday, does not look like there is anywhere doing player ratings for the FA Cup 1st Round games, so this will just be score and event reporting

Should you wish to watch Sam Hughes for Burton, or any other games in the FA Cup today, they can be watched live on BBC iPlayer

Edited by moore_94

Half Time Score

FA Cup 1st Round:

Sam Hughes - Burton 0-1 Barnet

Nothing Hughes could do about the goal as it was a 20 yard shot into the top corner that beat the keeper, Hughes had a small chance as he just missed the ball from a whipped free kick, and also won a couple of headers from corners that went wide

Barnet now down to 10 men so chance for Hughes and Burton to get back into the game

Edited by moore_94

Full Time Score

FA Cup 1st Round:

Sam Hughes - Burton 0-1 Barnet

Sam Hughes had an okay game, but Burton in general were pretty poor not being able to take advantage of having an extra man for the entire 2nd half, and go out the FA Cup to Non-league opposition

48 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Tonights Games

EFL Trophy:

Sam Hughes - not in squad for Burton vs Fulham U21s

Mitch Clark - not in squad for Port Vale v Liverpool U21s

Are they allowed to play in these games?

8 minutes ago, davieG said:

Are they allowed to play in these games?

Just checked, they have already played for us in this competition, which would be why they aren't playing tonight!

I honestly just thought they weren't playing as both teams have massively rotated haha

• Thanks 1

Full Time Scores

League One:

Sam Hughes (5.1 + 2 yellow cards, sent off - 18 mins) - Burton 0-2 Hull

Mitch Clark (5.5 - 90 mins) - Port Vale 3-4 Tranmere

Bad afternoon for our boys who played today as Sam Hughes is sent off after 18 minutes for 2 yellow cards for Burton, and Mitch Clark had a poor game as Port Vale bottled a 3-2 lead in injury time as they conceded goals in the 93rd and 96th minutes.

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

Two yellow cards in 18 minutes. Impressive work. What’s the fastest an lcfc player has been sent off for two yellows? I can’t recall any under 18 minutes but I may have wiped them from my memory

...he must be so stupid as not to put himself in a situation which requires the referee to make another decision. What happens when he comes back into the team and gets a yellow.  Will his manager need to pull him,, as he has proven that he can't be trusted.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

Two yellow cards in 18 minutes. Impressive work. What’s the fastest an lcfc player has been sent off for two yellows? I can’t recall any under 18 minutes but I may have wiped them from my memory

Didn't Kasper once get two yellows in the space of a few seconds? I think he got booked and gave away a pen, and then gave the ref some lip. As he walked back to the goal, he got booked again for dissent. May be misremembering that.

Edited by Raw Dykes

1 minute ago, Raw Dykes said:

Didn't Kasper once get two yellows in the space of a few seconds? I think he got booked and gave away a pen, and then gave the ref some lip. As he walked back to the goal, he got booked again for dissent. May be misremembering that.

Away at Forest a few years ago.

One booking was for kicking the ball away. Problem is, it was after conceding and kicking it back to the halfway line.

It was late on in the game.

Horrible day.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he must be so stupid as not to put himself in a situation which requires the referee to make another decision. What happens when he comes back into the team and gets a yellow.  Will his manager need to pull him,, as he has proven that he can't be trusted.

Think you are making it out to be a bit bigger than it was, apparently both yellow cards were arguably soft so in that case you can probably blame the ref for being a bit too eager for wanting to get his cards out

These are the 1st bookings he has had all season with Burton so it shows he isn't going about games getting regularly booked

He has also been one of Burtons best players this season as well so a bit much to say his manager wouldn't trust him

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Think you are making it out to be a bit bigger than it was, apparently both yellow cards were arguably soft so in that case you can probably blame the ref for being a bit too eager for wanting to get his cards out

These are the 1st bookings he has had all season with Burton so it shows he isn't going about games getting regularly booked

He has also been one of Burtons best players this season as well so a bit much to say his manager wouldn't trust him

...for a card happy referee there were only 2 other bookings on the  Hull side only.

To be red carded in 18 minutes for two  yellows in a game  which went on to  have such few yellows meant he did not readjust his play after the first card. Instead of going tight you drop slightly off your man incase he rolls or attempts to roll you. You have to make little adjustments when you have found yourself in this position.

27 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...for a card happy referee there were only 2 other bookings on the  Hull side only.

To be red carded in 18 minutes for two  yellows in a game  which went on to  have such few yellows meant he did not readjust his play after the first card. Instead of going tight you drop slightly off your man incase he rolls or attempts to roll you. You have to make little adjustments when you have found yourself in this position.

In this situation he couldn't drop off him and allow him space as it was a ball played up to Wilks which Hughes had to contest him for (he could hardly step off, and allow him to just touch the ball down and then run with it could he?)

Unfortunately for him Wilks manages to get a lucky touch on it which takes it past both of them into space and he knows he isn't going to get to the ball before Wilks so he chooses to get an arm on him to try and slow him down

Yes it was a mistake by the lad but he is hardly the first ever player to get 2 bookings in quick succession

This was probably just his 15th game in league football in his career, of course he is going to make mistakes, especially when it comes to tricky quick players like Wilks

I have no doubt he will be straight back into the Burton line up after his suspension as 1 off game isn't going to result in 1 of Burtons best player this season getting dropped

3 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

Think Wes and Amartey both have as well 

3 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

3 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Away at Forest a few years ago.

One booking was for kicking the ball away. Problem is, it was after conceding and kicking it back to the halfway line.

It was late on in the game.

Horrible day.

3 hours ago, Rain King said:

Jon Moss the ref.

Pretty sure Notts Forest came back from 2-0 to draw that. I was covering the game. Was hard to be neutral through the anger!

Not as bad as the 5-1 thrashing we got there. That was utterly gutless.