Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

On Loan 2020/21

5 minutes ago, Lcfc1980 said:

Where are you from ?  Social  media commetator, says it all for me again keyboard typist brave 

Morning @Lcfc1980.

We’re not sure what you are trying to say. 

I’ve not seen enough of Johnson personally to comment on if he’ll make the step up. Physically he seems to have the attributes to make it as a typical out and out defender.

From what people who have seen more of him than me seem to state, is that he’s not as technically as good, so may struggle to be a more progressive centre back. That can be coached though; do a loan to Wigan may get him game experience and we can re-asses when he gets back. 

People develop at different ages, so if the club may see something in him, that think he may develop at a later age. In the grand scheme of it, he’s still young for a centre back. Most defenders needs to gain the experience tactically on how to defend. That comes with game time and age. So as I’ve stated, re-asses when he’s back. 

I feel you get different types of loans: the pressure pot type loan where you must do well for the sake of your career, often playing in a struggling team or the more relaxed 'I know I'm too good for this level' where you have real self belief, a bit like KDH at Blackpool last year. 

Look at the catastrophic loan of Ndunkwu to Southend - he's seemingly fell off the face of the Earth.

It must feel a lot like 'the last chance saloon' for a lot of those players out on loan at the moment. They must be feeling immense pressure as each game goes by where they're not progressing.

2 minutes ago, Sly said:

Morning @Lcfc1980.

We’re not sure what you are trying to say. 

I’ve not seen enough of Johnson personally to comment on if he’ll make the step up. Physically he seems to have the attributes to make it as a typical out and out defender.

From what people who have seen more of him than me seem to state, is that he’s not as technically as good, so may struggle to be a more progressive centre back. That can be coached though; do a loan to Wigan may get him game experience and we can re-asses when he gets back. 

People develop at different ages, so if the club may see something in him, that think he may develop at a later age. In the grand scheme of it, he’s still young for a centre back. Most defenders needs to gain the experience tactically on how to defend. That comes with game time and age. So as I’ve stated, re-asses when he’s back. 

I don't think Johnson is good enough to make it with us personally. He's got the physical attributes but lacks that calmness and confidence to be able to play at the highest level. 

I hope he proves me wrong though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lcfc1980 said:

Wigan fans like him, it sad that his home team dont, fair  play to Leicester  to sending him on loan !

Are you on his payroll? 

I'm all for bringing the youth through but there's nothing to suggest that he would be ready to make the step up yet. 

If he's criminally underrated and is the new Thiago Silva then why is it he's not been snapped up. 

He's a decent prospect with likely a bright future in the game. He isn't at the level where he should be starting for a Premier League team vying for Europe. 

Having that opinion doesn't make people a 'keyboard warrior'. It makes them a person with an opinion. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Lcfc1980 said:

Wigan fans like him, it sad that his home team dont, fair  play to Leicester  to sending him on loan !

I don’t think the mast majority of Leicester fan will have seen him play. I’d take a stab and say the ultra casual Leicester fan may not have even heard of him. 

Only time will tell, like all loans. 

Ultimately, the more players we can progress from the youth setup into the senior squad, the better. 

Unfortunately for the current youth setup, we’ve improved remarkably as a team over the past 5 years, so the bar is set higher. We need to be aiming for a squad, that has backup players that could all play in a team that isn’t relegated from the Premier League. This is why we struggled after the restart and with injuries, as we’re not there yet. 

• Like 1

This thread feels like it's wandering into the realms of "my mate is the referee" and the all time classic "people give it the large, back in the day we used to love a tear up" (sorry I can't remember the actual wording on the 2nd one but it was the funniest post ever) 

5 minutes ago, nwl fox said:

This thread feels like it's wandering into the realms of "my mate is the referee" and the all time classic "people give it the large, back in the day we used to love a tear up" (sorry I can't remember the actual wording on the 2nd one but it was the funniest post ever) 

Please report back if you find that 'tear up' one. Sounds like a hoot. Another classic is 'the face of Kinder.'

Edited by Raw Dykes

4 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Please report back if you find that 'tear up' one. Sounds like a hoot. Another classic is 'the face of Kinder.'

I've got no idea where to find it unfortunately, there should be a thread to save the all time classic posts in really (if there's not already?). I don't recall seeing the face of kinder one? 

Edited by nwl fox

https://www.lcfc.com/news/1856614/sowah-finds-the-net-again-as-johnson-makes-wigan-debut

Sowah Finds The Net Again As Johnson Makes Wigan Debut
LOANS
Published 2 hrs 57 mins ago

Midfielder Kamal Sowah scored a wonderful goal for Oud-Heverlee Leuven in a 2-1 victory over Zulte Waregem in the Jupiler Pro League on Saturday, while two other young Foxes also featured in England.

- Three Leicester City loanees appeared for their adopted clubs over the past weekend
- Kamal Sowah scored again for OH Leuven, who sealed a 2-1 win over Zulte Waregem in Belgium
- Darnell Johnson made a winning start to life at Wigan Athletic, who beat Doncaster Rovers
- George Hirst starred in a 1-1 draw for Rotherham United with Huddersfield Town

Sowah, 20, has been in red-hot form for OHL this term during their first top-flight campaign in Belgium since 2015/16, scoring four goals for Marc Brys' men.

Following Thomas Henry's opener, the young Foxes loanee collected the ball on the hour-mark, turning inside his man, and curling an effort into the far corner from 20 yards out.

Former West Bromwich Albion and Stoke City forward Saido Berahino got one back for Waregem, but the home side held on at King Power at Den Dreef Stadium for a fourth win in 2020/21.

OHL currently sit sixth in the Jupiler Pro League after eight matches, with 14 points to their name, ahead of facing Knokke at Stadion Olivier in the Belgian Cup Fifth Round on Sunday 11 October (3pm kick-off).

Goalkeeper Daniel Iversen and forward Josh Eppiah - also on season-long loans in Leuven - did not feature for Brys' men through injury.

Centre-back Darnell Johnson, meanwhile, made his full debut for Wigan Athletic in a 1-0 home win for the Latics over Doncaster Rovers in Sky Bet League 1 on Saturday.

Joe Garner's second-half goal was enough to settle a tight encounter at the DW Stadium as Wigan climbed to 10th in the third tier of English football.

.Academy graduate Johnson could feature again for John Sheridan's side when they host Port Vale in the EFL Trophy group stage on Tuesday evening (7pm kick-off).

Finally, striker George Hirst also made his third appearance for Rotherham United in a 1-1 draw with Huddersfield Town in the Championship on Saturday.

The Millers appeared set to register a second win of the season following a Ben Wiles effort in the first half, but an Angus MacDonald own goal resulted in a draw at AESSEAL New York Stadium.

Twelfth-placed Rotherham next welcome Norwich City to south Yorkshire on Saturday 17 October (3pm kick-off).

13 hours ago, Patrick said:

Josh Knight has joined Wycombe Wanderers on loan until January.

https://www.lcfc.com/news/1856868/josh-knight-joins-wycombe-wanderers-on-loan/press-release

Good to see he'll be tested in the Championship. I hope newly promoted Wycombe have a strong enough squad to compete. I'm sure they'll appreciate a solid defensive midfielder anyhow.

On 03/10/2020 at 17:33, Lcfc1980 said:

Key border  warriors at their  best, its laughable , you most probably  would  meet him in person and keep you opinions to yourself,  fair play to Johnson  you have the time to comnent

On 03/10/2020 at 18:53, Lcfc1980 said:

Eh show your mentality  enjoy  your Saturday  

On 04/10/2020 at 07:48, Lcfc1980 said:

Where are you from ?  Social  media commetator, says it all for me again keyboard typist brave 

Hmmm, pseudo-random almost cogent phrases... are you a bot?  Have we had a bot posting on FoxesTalk before?  Or is "pseudo-random and almost cogent" a fair summary of most FoxesTalk chat?

To be fair, I don't really understand all the negativity for Darnell.  In summer 2018 when a lot of the squad were late getting back from the World Cup I thought he looked our best player in pre-season, but he's never been given another chance with the first team since.  When he was loaned to Hibs he injured a Celtic player in his first game, and I've sometimes wondered if one of Brendan's motivations in joining us shortly afterwards was to take revenge on Darnell and ruin his career - sending him on loan to a club on the precipice of bankruptcy hasn't done anything to change that opinion.