Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Brendan Rodgers exclusive interview: Leicester boss excited whatever the narrative

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Longest FT thread title of all time.

2 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Very pithy title, @davieG!

Corrected, That whole post was an absolute bastard to post so much so that I've left all the crud in, probably best to read the original in the link.

• Haha 2

Stopped reading when he started going on about resources again. Obviously all resources aren’t equal and he’s right that you therefore have to find another way.

But how about another way such as bringing a manager in on the 5th highest wage in the division and asking him to deliver?

I like Rodgers, I rate him and he has delivered (although there’s no way you can term last season as anything other than a catastrophic collapse given the opportunity we had). But he needs to stop banging on about resources - there were enough of them there when he put the ink on a massive contract.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, davieG said:

The demands will require tactical flexibility too. Leicester have had some success with a 4-3-3 formation but Rodgers is encouraged by the way that his team adapted to utilise a 3-4-1-2 in beating Sheffield United in July.

Foxestalk's 3ATB brigade atm...

tenor.gif

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Stopped reading when he started going on about resources again. Obviously all resources aren’t equal and he’s right that you therefore have to find another way.

But how about another way such as bringing a manager in on the 5th highest wage in the division and asking him to deliver?

I like Rodgers, I rate him and he has delivered (although there’s no way you can term last season as anything other than a catastrophic collapse given the opportunity we had). But he needs to stop banging on about resources - there were enough of them there when he put the ink on a massive contract.

Not necessarily..

He looked at what lay before him and took on the challenge....!!!

Why must Posters always Jump on the cynical...!!!

What do Leicester supporters Really believe & expect,that we are going to compete on Financial terms...??

we are Proud that our club can Mix it with the Big boys,and occasionally upset that Status quo...Entitlement & expectatations, are  poor bed fellows and shouldnt

bounce on the mattress,when we try to higher the Springs of aspirations & ambitions...

I say fair dues,to Rodgers statement...We want our managers to be up front....Show their thoughts,and the paths and targets  they will try & Aspire to..

But No ..!!! we have to always criticise because you all know better....!!!

42 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Can't see where he's *bleating* about our finanaces in that interview. Quite the opposite. Think people are building on their own narratives.

100%. He’s actually saying that he’s quite happy even if we can’t compete with them, which is bang on. 

I feel better about him after reading that tbh. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, mod hero said:

I say bleating because he brings up frequently in interviews. 

Can't say I've ever heard him bring the subject up. Heard him reply to questions that have brought up in interviews. Totally different things.

Edited by l444ry
  • Like 2

Far too long!

In my humble opinion, the honorable Leicester City manager Brendan Rogers would do very well to read up thoroughly on the dying art of brevity as, at present, he is in indisputably possession of the rather unfortunate little habit of speaking in overly long sentences which, at first glance give the pleasing impression that they may well be crammed full to the brim of scintillating factual tidbits, but on closer inspection often prove to be disappointingly uninformative...

Sort it out! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sheffield_fox said:

Far too long!

In my humble opinion, the honorable Leicester City manager Brendan Rogers would do very well to read up thoroughly on the dying art of brevity as, at present, he is in indisputably possession of the rather unfortunate little habit of speaking in overly long sentences which, at first glance give the pleasing impression that they may well be crammed full to the brim of scintillating factual tidbits, but on closer inspection often prove to be disappointingly uninformative...

Sort it out! 

Hes a Football manager..!!

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Not necessarily..

He looked at what lay before him and took on the challenge....!!!

Why must Posters always Jump on the cynical...!!!

What do Leicester supporters Really believe & expect,that we are going to compete on Financial terms...??

we are Proud that our club can Mix it with the Big boys,and occasionally upset that Status quo...Entitlement & expectatations, are  poor bed fellows and shouldnt

bounce on the mattress,when we try to higher the Springs of aspirations & ambitions...

I say fair dues,to Rodgers statement...We want our managers to be up front....Show their thoughts,and the paths and targets  they will try & Aspire to..

But No ..!!! we have to always criticise because you all know better....!!!

Back to the re education camps they must go.......