Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Brendan Rodgers exclusive interview: Leicester boss excited whatever the narrative

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Not necessarily..

He looked at what lay before him and took on the challenge....!!!

Why must Posters always Jump on the cynical...!!!

What do Leicester supporters Really believe & expect,that we are going to compete on Financial terms...??

we are Proud that our club can Mix it with the Big boys,and occasionally upset that Status quo...Entitlement & expectatations, are  poor bed fellows and shouldnt

bounce on the mattress,when we try to higher the Springs of aspirations & ambitions...

I say fair dues,to Rodgers statement...We want our managers to be up front....Show their thoughts,and the paths and targets  they will try & Aspire to..

But No ..!!! we have to always criticise because you all know better....!!!

I was saying the resources were there in the sense he was happy to ask for a wage that made him the 5th highest paid manager in the league

Claude was the master at these types of games, crafty with his tactics and we often did well against the good teams. 

I think BR will not change too much and we'll see Kasper painfully playing one touch danger football around our box. 

I'm still not convinced we have good enough possession game in defence and deep midfield against a top side like Man City but despite it being likely to be really obvious early on we'll stick with it like usual and probably be punished. 

It's where BR needs to me more realistic. Yes it might work V WBA and Burnley but this is an accident waiting to happen, but will he change anything? Nope. 

• Like 2

Don't mind anything at all he's said there. It's all true and pretty much a balanced view on where the club is at at the moment. 

Lots of youth, lots of potential and still decent amounts of quality to keep challenging. All that despite not being able to spend like other clubs. Why does he get stick for mentioning it? It's hardly wrong, is it? We can spend, but not as much as other clubs around us. I don't get why people hate that that is the fact of where we, and the league, are at. And where we are in the league as a result. 

He's not using it as an excuse or anything. It literally is just how it is. Those that don't like Rodgers will always find fault in the smallest of things that a manager might say in an interview, even if they are asked a question about it anyway. 

2 hours ago, l444ry said:

Can't see where he's *bleating* about our finanaces in that interview. Quite the opposite. Think people are building on their own narratives.

Exactly this. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Collymore said:

Claude was the master at these types of games, crafty with his tactics and we often did well against the good teams. 

I think BR will not change too much and we'll see Kasper painfully playing one touch danger football around our box. 

I'm still not convinced we have good enough possession game in defence and deep midfield against a top side like Man City but despite it being likely to be really obvious early on we'll stick with it like usual and probably be punished. 

It's where BR needs to me more realistic. Yes it might work V WBA and Burnley but this is an accident waiting to happen, but will he change anything? Nope. 

If we could have just kept Puel for about 8-12 games a season and let Rodgers go nuts with the rest, that would be the ideal scenario.

On 25/09/2020 at 23:27, StanSP said:

Don't mind anything at all he's said there. It's all true and pretty much a balanced view on where the club is at at the moment. 

Lots of youth, lots of potential and still decent amounts of quality to keep challenging. All that despite not being able to spend like other clubs. Why does he get stick for mentioning it? It's hardly wrong, is it? We can spend, but not as much as other clubs around us. I don't get why people hate that that is the fact of where we, and the league, are at. And where we are in the league as a result. 

He's not using it as an excuse or anything. It literally is just how it is. Those that don't like Rodgers will always find fault in the smallest of things that a manager might say in an interview, even if they are asked a question about it anyway. 

Exactly this. 

I was on the same page as you, but when I read your post, it only seemed a couple of "many pound notes" away from old gravel throat, and you know how we all feel about that. 

I guess it just proves that football fans like from their own, what they hate from outsiders. I'm OK with that. Dyche is a ****, Rodgers is ace. 

Stopped reading after after he mentioned the second narrative about lack of resources to stay in top 4 after the restart.

Rodgers - take some responsibility. We were well clear of fifth before the COVID restart. There were only 12 games or so left. We just needed to perform better than teams in relegation form to stay within top 4, and we failed. I am not blaming the players, but you Rodgers. It was a spectacular fall you as a manager should have corrected - we have discussed tactical and team selection errors here on FT (I have posted in detail about my thoughts). Yes we had a few injuries, but it was not like we needed to continue the first half of season form to stay in top 4, we just didn’t need to be relegation form and we had the players, despite the injuries, to do this.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1