Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shev

Forget the bailout - how about half a season more of Josh Knight?

1 minute ago, The Fox Covert said:

23 is no age for a central defender. How good were Wes Morgan and Gerry Taggart at that age? Or Donkey Adams? I know someone will come back with Fofana and Soyunçu but young centre backs as good as these are exceedingly rare.

Josh, if we can get him to sign, could be a replacement for an aging Jonny Evans. And with everyone assuming little Wes could be tempted by a super club, they’d be a spot for him. Just depends if Josh at 23 is happy to wait for an opportunity here with Soy, little Wes, Evans and Justin ahead of him for to the moment, when Josh could get a championship club (if not a lower Premier League club) and start every match.

I’m sure he will stay past January. I imagine the only reason for the short initial loan was as a precaution in case we lost all of our defenders.

Josh has always been very highly rated by the club, I think the reason for his omission has been down to the success of our current defenders, and given their age, it probably means his opportunity has past here, but for any young defender the early stages of their career need to play, so I’d rather he leave and do well than just float around the loan system for a few years. 

14 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

How about you get down on your hands and knees and apologise to every foxestalker for that roy essandoh goal and we might think about it. 

All part of the grand scheme of things leading to 2016. 

That was the first step in our journey to our lowest ebb but it had to happen, I think, for our renaissance and the ultimate miracle to be possible.

So thank you Peter Taylor, Levein, Megson, Holloway and thank you Roy Essandoh!

19 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

How about you get down on your hands and knees and apologise to every foxestalker for that roy essandoh goal and we might think about it. 

I was clearing my garage out today and came across this match ticket. Nearly chucked it but decided to keep it in the end. Also came across all mine and some of my parents old programmes, some dating back to the 40’s and 50’s and a box of shredded by mice newspapers, they’d had the good sense to leave a colour Leicester Chronicle 69 cup final edition and the play off and cup victory newspapers. 

On 21/11/2020 at 21:32, The whole world smiles said:

When you said get down on your hands and knees I did wonder where this was going lol

23 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Josh has always been very highly rated by the club, I think the reason for his omission has been down to the success of our current defenders,

I think you'll find that's not true! 

In his 1st pro year, he barely figured in the U21s and didn't get a game at CB until Feb/March as his agent had already been told in November that he wasn't rated and wasnt going to get his contract renewed 

Finally got a chance to play due to an injury crisis in and just so happened that Ranieri/Shakespare were both there watching the one game he played in (Vs Southampton) and he played so well that he was asked to join in 1st team training later that week....and the rest is history.

If Beaglehole had had his way, Knight would have been released without ever even playing.

Largely irrelevant now as he seems to have gone on to prove what a top player he is but just shows how one mans opinion can often make or break a young players career at an early age

• Like 2