Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shev

Forget the bailout - how about half a season more of Josh Knight?

2 minutes ago, Shev said:

I'm not sure how much anyone wants a progress report on Josh Knight's loan spell with us (Wycombe), but he is an absolute Ferrari at this level. We had a rough start adjusting to the jump up between L1 and the Championship (7 straight losses to open, though with horrific refereeing decisions taking points off the board four games in a row at one point), but have found our feet a little more with Josh in the side - in the last five, we have won two, drawn two, and lost one. Obviously we are still going to struggle against relegation all season, but Josh is an absolute standout performer, week in week out. Strong, pacey, good positioning, good on the ball, good in the air, and with great decision making, he had another peerless performance in the 0-0 with Brentford today. Sadly, we only have him till January, and as our season may hinge on getting him back for the second half, anyone who can put a word in with the decision makers there at Leicester, feel free to highlight just how much practice Josh is going to get defending for his life at little old Wycombe! ;)

I know it's another jump from the Championship to the Prem, but I would be surprised if this lad is not in a Leicester shirt permanently at some point. It's not always easy to judge these step-ups, but he passes the eye test as having all the dimensions needed to be a top defender. Lest that sounds like exaggeration, we had a 19 year old loanee from QPR back in League Two, by the name of Eberichi Eze. Every Wycombe fan swore he would be a Premier League top six footballer, and he is well on the way now he is playing for Palace. I know Josh is already 23, but he is quite the player at this level. How about we keep him for the rest of the season, stay up by the skin of our teeth, and hand over a battle-tested CB for you to blood into the PL next season? Deal? :)

That's a good to hear report, it's great to hear about one of our youngsters doing well. People do seem to have a problem with age at times yet there's plenty of examples of late bloomers. That ageing bloke Vardy hasn't done too bad for us. I hope he gets to stay with you as I think it would be good for both of us at this point in time. Good luck to Wycombe too!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Shev said:

I'm not sure how much anyone wants a progress report on Josh Knight's loan spell with us (Wycombe), but he is an absolute Ferrari at this level. We had a rough start adjusting to the jump up between L1 and the Championship (7 straight losses to open, though with horrific refereeing decisions taking points off the board four games in a row at one point), but have found our feet a little more with Josh in the side - in the last five, we have won two, drawn two, and lost one. Obviously we are still going to struggle against relegation all season, but Josh is an absolute standout performer, week in week out. Strong, pacey, good positioning, good on the ball, good in the air, and with great decision making, he had another peerless performance in the 0-0 with Brentford today. Sadly, we only have him till January, and as our season may hinge on getting him back for the second half, anyone who can put a word in with the decision makers there at Leicester, feel free to highlight just how much practice Josh is going to get defending for his life at little old Wycombe! ;)

I know it's another jump from the Championship to the Prem, but I would be surprised if this lad is not in a Leicester shirt permanently at some point. It's not always easy to judge these step-ups, but he passes the eye test as having all the dimensions needed to be a top defender. Lest that sounds like exaggeration, we had a 19 year old loanee from QPR back in League Two, by the name of Eberichi Eze. Every Wycombe fan swore he would be a Premier League top six footballer, and he is well on the way now he is playing for Palace. I know Josh is already 23, but he is quite the player at this level. How about we keep him for the rest of the season, stay up by the skin of our teeth, and hand over a battle-tested CB for you to blood into the PL next season? Deal? :)

Great to hear him doing so well. Anyone know when his contract is up? 

• Like 1

Cheers for the report mate.

I’ve watched a few of your games. You don’t look a bad side. You’re sometimes a bit one dimension lumping it up to Aki but then it’s a very good tactic seeing as no one can out-muscle Aki. I’m glad Josh is impressing. Peterborough were big fans too. I hope you cope okay if we recall him in Jan. And with the number of injuries this season we may. I wonder how you’ll cope without Aki who’s, what, 38 now? 

I’ve grown to like Wycombe. I hope you stay up. Two games ago at half time the camera panned out, for what seems like a mile, to the outskirts of a forest. It focused on a lone Wycombe fan. The football had stopped. No players were on the pitch. But this lone fan was unfazed, standing there enthusiastically banging his drum, supervised - for reasons that still bemuse me - by an official in a high-vis jacket.

Edited by Foxxed
Spelling!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, brucey said:

Is he playing CB again now? I thought he'd been converted into a CM at some point.

Back as a CB now. But was DM/CM at Peterborough confusingly. I suspect the club have decided we need a CB more than a DM.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

How about you get down on your hands and knees and apologise to every foxestalker for that roy essandoh goal and we might think about it. 

That’s my sleep ruined 😂what might have been? 

the catalyst some would say for our massive implosion that took us to the championship the following season 

• Haha 1

Despite the obvious exception, I have always had a soft spot for the Chairboys as I lived in Bucks for many years. Ex father-in-law was a regular,  so used to accompany him on many an occasion. Including a testimonial where Alan Parry played against MON’s team on one of the coldest nights I’ve ever watched footy! Glad the lad is doing well and good luck to you. Funnily enough, we like a good underdog story in these parts! 

58 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

That’s my sleep ruined 😂what might have been? 

the catalyst some would say for our massive implosion that took us to the championship the following season 

At that moment in history before essandoh rose above Gerry Taggart. We were 3rd in the league and in the quarter final of the FA cup on top against a lower league side!

Your right that moment completely changed our trajectory as a football club. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Free agent in the summer 

Good for him. So let me get this right. He's 23 and has quality and resale value but its taken us since he was a youth player in 2016 and three loans to figure this out. And now we get nothing. That's criminal to be honest. This club needs to get it together.

Edited by SO1

6 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

At that moment in history before essandoh rose above Gerry Taggart. We were 3rd in the league and in the quarter final of the FA cup on top against a lower league side!

Your right that moment completely changed our trajectory as a football club. 

I know some would say that the writing was on the wall, post O’Neill then the Taylor era and bringing in players not good enough. But I think the confidence was damaged irreversibly with that defeat, that very quickly spiralled out of control. Think we lost to Bolton or villa 5 nil, last game or opening game of the following season, think most saw it coming. 

15 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

I know some would say that the writing was on the wall, post O’Neill then the Taylor era and bringing in players not good enough. But I think the confidence was damaged irreversibly with that defeat, that very quickly spiralled out of control. Think we lost to Bolton or villa 5 nil, last game or opening game of the following season, think most saw it coming. 

What a terrible season that was i went to the first two games 0-5 to Bolton at home and 4-0 to the Arse away. Makes you thank your lucky stars for what we have today!!! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Great to hear him doing so well. Anyone know when his contract is up? 

7 hours ago, happy85 said:

Free agent in the summer 

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes, I suspect we will try and get £500k-£1m for him in January rather than let it go to tribunal come the summer. I think he wants to leave, but maybe we could convince him to sign a new 2-3 year deal.

Don't know how reliable this is but could be that we don't even manage to get anything. 

Screenshot_20201122_065632_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.edb2ad333775d66218a5560b00f2a9e9.jpg

I know nothing about him other than I've heard his name a few times and knew he went to Peterborough last year. 

Suspect he may leave but could earn more with us with the latest financial crisis (or at least financial side of the current world crisis) 

Would it show lack of ambition signing a new deal with us, or massive ambition and confidence that he backs himself. 

Would definitely let him stay there this season if it does become our choice. 

25 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Don't know how reliable this is but could be that we don't even manage to get anything. 

Screenshot_20201122_065632_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.edb2ad333775d66218a5560b00f2a9e9.jpg

I know nothing about him other than I've heard his name a few times and knew he went to Peterborough last year. 

Suspect he may leave but could earn more with us with the latest financial crisis (or at least financial side of the current world crisis) 

Would it show lack of ambition signing a new deal with us, or massive ambition and confidence that he backs himself. 

Would definitely let him stay there this season if it does become our choice. 

That his contract ending with Wycombe in jan 

• Haha 1

Good to hear. Think Posh fans spoke highly of him too. He's 23 though so hopefully he either makes it here soon or gets a good move to a Championship/top end League one side.

Good result for you yesterday. As I said before, it was always gonna be a tough season, just a shame you can't go. Hopefully you stay up and fans are back next season. And at least you're not bottom, we let one of the other East Mids sides have that recognition ;)

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I think his opportunity here has passed but he has got good reviews wherever he has been. He may make it back to the premier League the hard way but he needs to leave. 

He wasn’t given any opportunities here. He’s been here since the under 8s. Impressed in the u23s. Then Peterborough. Injured. Peterborough. Injured. Wycombe. I hope we recall in jan, play him and he signs a new deal.

• Like 1