Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

18 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I’ve said it on here a couple of times about 2 or 3 of our players and I’m constantly told ‘they need a life what do you want them to do sit at home?’  

Couple of them are out every week on the piss, and then we wonder why they constantly turn up and put in these dreadful performances. 

Thomas is the main culprit, needs to cut all his vices out and focus on his football, but I don’t think he’ll ever manage it. 

Infuriating to read. 

Simple solution, drop the culprits. 

No need to play a game of he said, she said. Just let the fitness tests do the talking. If you're not up to the mark, you don't play. Simple.

We're such a soft touch.

3 hours ago, Nod.E said:

Nothing a good man manager couldn't quash I'd have thought. 

Shame we don't have one.

Percy outlining some of the reasons Kasper was allowed to leave only adds to the worrying thought that a culture of enthusiasm, demanding more and a hatred of losing is effectively discouraged. 

If true, KDH isn't good enough to be allowed to carry that attitude. Good managers remove bad examples even if they are decent players. Maddison on the other hand is too good to remove, but I don't think we'll need to worry about that for much longer.

Yep, zero standards, zero accountability, the only thing keeping this shipwreck alive is the talent of some of the attacking players. If this manager is in charge in a years time I promise we'll be a Championship side by 2024.

On 19/02/2023 at 16:21, Whys it always me said:

Hi Ed hope you are well. Still waiting for the name of your best mate who is close to Luke  

Any chance? 

Hi why’s it always me. I’m well thanks, howre you? 

Interested in your thoughts on Luke.

Any chance? 

I did try several times on here months ago to convince people this kid is a very poor footballer nowhere near good enough for the prem or probably the league below. But but but he pocketed Salah blah blah blah, he's gash. Can't pass, no pace, no physicality, no awareness, absolutely awful player. Last night and the Forest away game must be up there with the worst left back displays I've seen at the club, and I've seen Alan Rogers and Lee Marshall.

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I think with each passing game I rate his actual level about 5 places lower in the pyramid. I'm somewhere around Crawley at this point.

I was at Crawley months ago, I'm about Saffron Dynamo right now, possibly their second team.

6 hours ago, Nod.E said:

Infuriating to read. 

Simple solution, drop the culprits. 

No need to play a game of he said, she said. Just let the fitness tests do the talking. If you're not up to the mark, you don't play. Simple.

We're such a soft touch.

Look at Ten Hag, he said to Sancho fvck off you're overweight unfit and attitude stinks. Nothing but a high standard should be tolerated.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hejammy said:

His uncle or whoever is on here that keeps defending him, you lot can do one too! Bloke is not good enough and needs to leave. For his own good aswell as ours. And if anyone talks about but but FA Cup interception blah blah. I'm gonna lose my shit

@Whys it always me

35 minutes ago, Ed 1 said:

Hi why’s it always me. I’m well thanks, howre you? 

Interested in your thoughts on Luke.

Any chance? 

Hi Ed 

Im good thanks hope you are too. Im still waiting to hear who your mate is but assume you won’t be sharing that which is a shame but kind of proves you are a bollocks chatter. 

As I’ve said recently I have no issue with people questioning his football ability on the pitch but you were the one who made it personal saying you know for a fact he’s lazy outside of football yet can’t prove it. 

I’m a Leicester fan and go to all home and games and lots of away games even before Luke was in the side so

My opinion - Luke was poor in the game, however who had a good game? The whole team were a shambles. There was a good 10-15 minutes spell where Luke had been subbed off and they could have scored a couple more and were all over us. We were shit from start to finish and deserved to lose. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh and now I’ve read the comments back I see he’s somehow the ringleader dragging a few other players out on the piss and has made these few people hate VK too. 

Some of the bollocks that is said about him is genuinely laughable. Now I think I had seen someone mention previously something about keeping an eye on Maddison and VK no mention of Luke but somehow he’s now the main culprit and ring leader in this so for comedy value can someone point me to where the truth in this is or who started this. 

8 minutes ago, Whys it always me said:

Hi Ed 

Im good thanks hope you are too. Im still waiting to hear who your mate is but assume you won’t be sharing that which is a shame but kind of proves you are a bollocks chatter. 

As I’ve said recently I have no issue with people questioning his football ability on the pitch but you were the one who made it personal saying you know for a fact he’s lazy outside of football yet can’t prove it. 

I’m a Leicester fan and go to all home and games and lots of away games even before Luke was in the side so

My opinion - Luke was poor in the game, however who had a good game? The whole team were a shambles. There was a good 10-15 minutes spell where Luke had been subbed off and they could have scored a couple more and were all over us. We were shit from start to finish and deserved to lose. 

Glad you’re keeping well. Hoping, as I’m sure you are, for a better result on Saturday? 

Wholeheartedly agree with your assessment, the team didn’t play well and not many came up with the Goodes last night. Thought Kel was effective and Kristiansen showed a little fight and was half decent when he came on (not winding up here) and I was impressed with Blackburn tbh, were you mate?

For what it’s worth I’m not a bollocks chatter: as I say I know for a fact he’s lazy outside of football. Not sure how I can prove this to you. As I say you seem to know Luke and appear to disagree, which I’m not calling you out on. There are others above who have mentioned lifestyle out of football too. The thing that grinds is that Luke is paid handsomely to do a job that, if he wants to do it well, he needs to live a lifestyle out of 90mins each week conducive to being a better footballer. He hasn’t done that for the last 3 years and has regressed to a level way way below a PL footballer. Would you disagree mate? 

I, as sounds similar to yourself, have been home and away for nearly 35 years mate. I’ve been there way before Luke and will be there way after he’s left. 

11 minutes ago, Whys it always me said:

Oh and now I’ve read the comments back I see he’s somehow the ringleader dragging a few other players out on the piss and has made these few people hate VK too. 

Some of the bollocks that is said about him is genuinely laughable. Now I think I had seen someone mention previously something about keeping an eye on Maddison and VK no mention of Luke but somehow he’s now the main culprit and ring leader in this so for comedy value can someone point me to where the truth in this is or who started this. 

Agree with you @Whys it always me, this is untrue. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ed 1 said:

Glad you’re keeping well. Hoping, as I’m sure you are, for a better result on Saturday? 

Wholeheartedly agree with your assessment, the team didn’t play well and not many came up with the Goodes last night. Thought Kel was effective and Kristiansen showed a little fight and was half decent when he came on (not winding up here) and I was impressed with Blackburn tbh, were you mate?

For what it’s worth I’m not a bollocks chatter: as I say I know for a fact he’s lazy outside of football. Not sure how I can prove this to you. As I say you seem to know Luke and appear to disagree, which I’m not calling you out on. There are others above who have mentioned lifestyle out of football too. The thing that grinds is that Luke is paid handsomely to do a job that, if he wants to do it well, he needs to live a lifestyle out of 90mins each week conducive to being a better footballer. He hasn’t done that for the last 3 years and has regressed to a level way way below a PL footballer. Would you disagree mate? 

I, as sounds similar to yourself, have been home and away for nearly 35 years mate. I’ve been there way before Luke and will be there way after he’s left. 

Hi Ed 

Yes we have to win at the weekend else we are in deep trouble. 

If your mate is close to Luke and sharing he is lazy then this is what I’m trying to get from you who is your mate as he’s either talking bollocks or is he one of the people that may be around Luke when he’s seen out in these various locations that everyone seems to see him. Which ever type of mate he is and he will fall into one of those two categories he is clearly not a friend is he? You don’t have to share it on here but directly message me. 

My issue is something that is said on here can be taken as the truth when in fact it’s bollocks. Individuals read this and then start to add to the bollocks and we end up with silly shit like he’s the ringleader when some of the players go out and he’s making them not talk to VK. Someone then watches a match and see XYZ player doesn’t pass to VK and in their mind that tally’s up with what they have read on here therefore it must be true? Do you see my point?

He is 21 and like most of us at that age I’m sure we made mistakes.

People on here think he’s shit and league one at best. That opinion is fine I genuinely aren’t going to sit here and argue against it as it’s not my job to convince anyone otherwise, if he’s not good enough then so be it but he doesn’t pick the team does he? He also gets picked for England u21s rightly or wrongly in some peoples mind. 

What I would say to anyone is take football out of it, let’s say you are having a rough patch at work and all of your customers are calling you shit and shouldn’t work for the company and then directly messing you telling you to get out of the company and when they see you in the street tell you that you are shit and have no idea how you even have a job at that company. Genuinely do you think you would find these level of criticism helpful? Now I’m not asking anyone to feel sorry for him by any stretch but if you are one of those fans that choose to directly message him or call him out in the street with your constructive criticism (which I’m sure it is)  ask yourself if it’s helpful if so by all means carry on. 

13 minutes ago, Whys it always me said:

Hi Ed 

Yes we have to win at the weekend else we are in deep trouble. 

If your mate is close to Luke and sharing he is lazy then this is what I’m trying to get from you who is your mate as he’s either talking bollocks or is he one of the people that may be around Luke when he’s seen out in these various locations that everyone seems to see him. Which ever type of mate he is and he will fall into one of those two categories he is clearly not a friend is he? You don’t have to share it on here but directly message me. 

My issue is something that is said on here can be taken as the truth when in fact it’s bollocks. Individuals read this and then start to add to the bollocks and we end up with silly shit like he’s the ringleader when some of the players go out and he’s making them not talk to VK. Someone then watches a match and see XYZ player doesn’t pass to VK and in their mind that tally’s up with what they have read on here therefore it must be true? Do you see my point?

He is 21 and like most of us at that age I’m sure we made mistakes.

People on here think he’s shit and league one at best. That opinion is fine I genuinely aren’t going to sit here and argue against it as it’s not my job to convince anyone otherwise, if he’s not good enough then so be it but he doesn’t pick the team does he? He also gets picked for England u21s rightly or wrongly in some peoples mind. 

What I would say to anyone is take football out of it, let’s say you are having a rough patch at work and all of your customers are calling you shit and shouldn’t work for the company and then directly messing you telling you to get out of the company and when they see you in the street tell you that you are shit and have no idea how you even have a job at that company. Genuinely do you think you would find these level of criticism helpful? Now I’m not asking anyone to feel sorry for him by any stretch but if you are one of those fans that choose to directly message him or call him out in the street with your constructive criticism (which I’m sure it is)  ask yourself if it’s helpful if so by all means carry on. 

I agree and called this gibberish out last night. 

I sadly don't rate Luke. At all  There have been occasions where I've thought, maybe I'm wrong, but literally since day 1 (spurs away on the telly)  I have had serious reservations. But the fault lies entirely with the manager, not Luke. Due to the injuries at full back, I suspect the manager retained him against his own better judgement - and I suspect he played last night to lighten the load on VK, who has become pivotal. But, the lad needs protection. A performance as poor as last night after equally poor performances (v Forest the most glaring example)  invites trouble on the lad on the pitch, via social media and every knobhead in the street. If VK needed a rest for last night, there were other options to play at LB. 

• Like 1

For a lad thats shown ability in the past he's been poorly coached in the past 3 years. For all the talk of Rodgers improving players Luke Thomas is an example of a lad thats gone backwards.

He's needed to bulk up for a few years now and work on the physical side of his game but it doesn't seem like anyone has put a plan together or anything, its just like he's been thrown in and left to fend for himself. 

There's still time to make a half decent player of him but he needs to get on the testosterone this summer or something. 

6 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Poor? Bit of an understatement.

Last night was right up there with one of the very worst individual single-half performances I’ve ever seen by a City player at KP.

He should’ve been dragged within the first half. It was that atrocious.

I agree. But I'm also conscious that he has family here. 

The vitriol should be reserved for the manager, not aimed a young lad minding his own business at a hairdressers or snooker hall or even in a bar. 

• Like 1

Just now, Paninistickers said:

The vitriol should be reserved for the manager, not aimed a young lad minding his own business at a hairdressers or snooker hall or even in a bar. 

Nobody should get personal abuse over a football match.

Thomas needs taking out of the squad, and ideally moving on for his own sake IMO.

• Like 1

He’s been playing at top level for a while and after a brilliant start has looked more and more out of his depth unfortunately.

What I’ve noticed is his body seems the same as it was since the first time he played, if he’s a naturally slim guy he needs to do more than the others to bulk up. His tackle stats are horrendous and I think it’s largely down to him being bullied week after week.

He needs to get physically a lot stronger for him to play any further part for us.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Don’t feel you need to be conscious of what you are writing just because I post on here. I have no issues with what @RoboFox put to be honest. 

He should have been taken off but wasn’t and I can’t argue with that. 

I don’t want anyone to feel they can’t say their view on Luke because I’m family and post on here. All I ask is don’t post something that you is true from something you did/don’t hear down the pub as this is where it gets out of hand and un called for to be honest. 

Saying he’s shit, league one needs to leave the club all reasonable opinions to post. 

Saying he is the chief ringleader dragging the other lads into drinking and making them stop talking to VK is just baseless. I’m sure he does have a drink and there are lots of footballers who may do the same but getting his crew to not talk or pass to VK is just made up bollocks which can be damaging. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't post personal vitriol on here, nor do I shout it from the stands. (calling Brendan a goblin doesn't count) 

This is a football forum, it's the point of the site that that we'll discuss team (and by extension, player) performances objectively. 

Thomas isn't an outlier, all players are - rightly, or wrongly - judged. It's what happens. 

I hadn't read the thread so didn't realise there was someone within his inner circle on here, but boy is @Whys it always mea braver person than I. I couldn't be on here if I was personally involved with anyone at the club. 

Edited by RoboFox

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

I don't post personal vitriol on here, nor do I shout it from the stands. (calling Brendan a goblin doesn't count) 

This is a football forum, it's the point of the site that that we'll discuss team (and by extension, player) performances objectively. 

Thomas isn't an outlier, all players are - rightly, or wrongly - judged. It's what happens. 

I hadn't read the thread so didn't realise there was someone within his inner circle on here, but boy is @Whys it always mea braver person than I. I couldn't be on here if I was personally involved with anyone at the club. 

I’m a fan like anyone else even before Luke was even born and yes it’s a tough read at times but it is what it is. As you point out it’s a forum and that’s the point, we all have opinions and at times people won’t agree with each other which is why I don’t want people to feel they can say it how they see.

The rumour mongering I try to call out because some of it is laughable and people genuinely take it as gospel and tell loads of others. Then  we end up with rumours that no one passing or talking to VK because Luke is the ringleader and has told his crew not to like VK and so on. This is clearly untrue but people chat bollocks and spread malicious bullshit. 

• Like 1