Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

3 hours ago, Dames said:

For a lad thats shown ability in the past he's been poorly coached in the past 3 years. For all the talk of Rodgers improving players Luke Thomas is an example of a lad thats gone backwards.

He's needed to bulk up for a few years now and work on the physical side of his game but it doesn't seem like anyone has put a plan together or anything, its just like he's been thrown in and left to fend for himself. 

There's still time to make a half decent player of him but he needs to get on the testosterone this summer or something. 

Mad really given our glorious leader regularly calls for more aggression in the post match following another spineless showing from his team. You'd think it would've improved him by now!!!

2 hours ago, jmono84 said:

He’s been playing at top level for a while and after a brilliant start has looked more and more out of his depth unfortunately.

What I’ve noticed is his body seems the same as it was since the first time he played, if he’s a naturally slim guy he needs to do more than the others to bulk up. His tackle stats are horrendous and I think it’s largely down to him being bullied week after week.

He needs to get physically a lot stronger for him to play any further part for us.

agree with your observation on Thomas's physique, but its doubly bad because he is such a passive player.

Prime Vardy was hardly built like a tank but he put himself about ! Going way back here but Muzzy was built like a twig but that didn't stop him !

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Thought he dealt really well with Mahrez & Walker yesterday. 

Gets an insane amount of stick for a 21 year old or whatever he is. 

I barely noticed him. most defenders stand out against Man City because they have a bad time. Glad he didn’t have a rough time - coming on 0-3 at the etihaad is a tough gig ! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

Thought he dealt really well with Mahrez & Walker yesterday. 

Gets an insane amount of stick for a 21 year old or whatever he is. 

Yes and passes the ball better than Castagne and VK dream about. Needs more help defensively from Barnes or more importantly left midfielder. He’s no Simmo!, who used to say to Mahrez, stay up there I can handle this! So underrated.

5 minutes ago, ceebeefox said:

Yes and passes the ball better than Castagne and VK dream about. Needs more help defensively from Barnes or more importantly left midfielder. He’s no Simmo!, who used to say to Mahrez, stay up there I can handle this! So underrated.

Luke Thomas or Simpson underrated?

Thomas has barely looked a League 1 player this season unfortunately, hopefully he proves me wrong and it’s down to all of the other issues with this club but he hasn’t looked up to it.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Luke Thomas or Simpson underrated?

Thomas has barely looked a League 1 player this season unfortunately, hopefully he proves me wrong and it’s down to all of the other issues with this club but he hasn’t looked up to it.

Simpson, but Thomas will come good with help around him. Looked sharper yesterday.

He has had some of his better games against the top teams/players. Like when Salah got lost in LT’s pocket! For me, this shows he has something about him, definitely the talent. He also looked great when first came into the first team.

Let’s be honest, even when things are going well with a Rodgers side, defence is always the questionable bit. At Liverpool, it was the attaching players who got the good reviews.

So I really think we could see Thomas really improve where he has stagnated, now we have Dean, Shakey and JT, especially JT!

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, FoxOfMelton said:

He's not even Championship quality.

Will never understand the decision to start him tonight.

VK probably needed to come out of the firing line as was very poor against Leeds BUT if Smith doesn’t start VK against Fulham, then it has to be influenced by Madders and co?

Edited by SafewayFox
  • Like 1

Just now, adam95581 said:

VK crumbled under pressure against Leeds whereas LT has shown he can be resilient so I can understand why he started him. That being said he was pretty poor tonight. 

My 4 yr old cousin could get past him if he chose to

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

My 4 yr old cousin could get past him if he chose to

Hyperbolic crap. He’s kept Salah and other top wingers quiet on his day. Today wasn’t it and he’s not good enough for the prem, but my point was that I could see the rationale for him being picked over VK given last weeks performance. 

• Like 1

Just now, adam95581 said:

Hyperbolic crap. He’s kept Salah and other top wingers quiet on his day. Today wasn’t it and he’s not good enough for the prem, but my point was that I could see the rationale for him being picked over VK given last weeks performance. 

Fair enough to give him a start 

Absolutely suicidal not to hook him after the booking

• Like 2