Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

8 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

I thought he had a decent game to be fair. Slightly unlucky with their goal, maybe shouldn’t turn his back but it’s a split second decision. Absolutely not the worst player today

Definitely. Just classic bashing of him. He was 3 on 1 some times and did pretty well.

Says it all about our fans that when he passes backwards (because there's no other option), he gets groans yet when other players do it, it's fine. If VK played like he did today, people would be spaffing themselves silly (and I'm saying that as somebody who really wants VK to do well)

Our left backs always come in for criticism. Before Thomas and VK it was Chilwell.

Our left backs get no protection at all. Barnes is poor defensively. Sometimes the left back is facing a 2 (even a 3) on 1. Chilwell used to scream at Barnes to come back and help him. Not even midfielders come to help.

I watch Thomas and I feel sorry for him. We can't keep playing youngsters there. We need more experience, but we don't have anyone. 

Edited by Guesty

Spineless. I really want him to do well but Christ he makes it hard to back him sometimes… bottled about every 50/50 he went in for tonight. To be fair so did many others.

Not good enough for this level. Might do fairly well in the championship if we go down.

Cant believe he got 87 minutes tonight. Wasnt his worst game which is saying something but he offered nothing in attack and got battered for most of the game. Kristiensen offering overlapping runs and more aggression from 60th or so minute would have been a good move.

Edited by lgfualol
  • Like 1

How he stayed on for so long I've no idea. I would have dragged him at half time. They targeted that side because they know its a massive weakness, regardless of if its Thomas or VK. They will have been well aware of the fact that Barnes offers no help either.  In fact Barnes was like playing with 10 men tonight!

He tried hard but didn't have enough protection when he was targeted. Exposed his skillset unfortunately. He's never going to be as physically present as the back 2 but it seemed his attacking/positional threat has left him too lately. He really needs coaching in a settled system.

1 hour ago, Blue-fox said:

I thought he had a decent game to be fair. Slightly unlucky with their goal, maybe shouldn’t turn his back but it’s a split second decision. Absolutely not the worst player today

First half he was really good. He made about 5 tackles and put in two good balls for Vardy.

Second half he was back to looking like a little boy, he has to do a lot more for their second goal.