Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

7 hours ago, alanf0x said:

If you need something to summarise Luke, he has a personal shopper…worlds gone mad 

If there’s anyone out of touch here, it’s you.

Every single footballer in the country employs a personal shopper or chef or concierge service of some sort. 

Edited by Aleksz

5 hours ago, Whys it always me said:

I’m biased I’ve openly said this for obvious reasons to the point that I promise myself I won’t comment and I don’t until silly comments and suggestions are made. 

Call him shit by all means but don’t bring whatever he does in his personal life as something to hammer him with. He’s a young lad  and has a life to lead too I’m sure he will make mistakes like we all did when we were young but a personal shopper seriously?

it’s good to see some fans do recognise we have short memories. There was a whole newspaper article about the triangles that Luke, barnes and KDH were playing granted this hasn’t happened much lately. 

For the record I think the new LB is decent but read the early comments in this thread the same comments were being made about Luke. We are winning Luke isn’t in the side yet I find it amazing that people still feel the need to put sly digs in and hammer him. 

I couldn’t give two hoots what he or any other footballer does outside of football (aside from if they’re Mason Greenwood-esque of course) but when he is lazy on a football pitch representing Leicester City (see multiple examples including tracking Almiron inside on Boxing Day, recent stats re how few tackles he’s made compared to Kristiansen) then I do care.

I know I’ve mentioned this before but I’m not sure what he’s actually good at. He’s not a good tackler, not good in the air, not strong, not quick, not particularly good on the ball. I see many of the aforementioned attributes in our other full backs (Castagne not having a good time currently granted) but I don’t think Luke has what it takes to be a premier league footballer for us: he’s sadly not good enough. 

Miles off where we want to be. Luckily Rodgers identified that to the recruitment team and we got in a much better option as shown over the past 2 games. 

If he wasn’t from Leicestershire, we would have agreed he isn’t up to it ages ago. I get it, he is local. 

I’m also convinced that Championship players don’t have shopping assistants. By shopping assistants, I don’t mean a weekly delivery slot at Tesco! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aleksz said:

If there’s anyone out of touch here, it’s you.

Every single footballer in the country employs a personal shopper or chef or concierge service of some sort. 

I know for a fact that Nick Platnauer doesn't.

22 minutes ago, Ed 1 said:

I couldn’t give two hoots what he or any other footballer does outside of football (aside from if they’re Mason Greenwood-esque of course) but when he is lazy on a football pitch representing Leicester City (see multiple examples including tracking Almiron inside on Boxing Day, recent stats re how few tackles he’s made compared to Kristiansen) then I do care.

I know I’ve mentioned this before but I’m not sure what he’s actually good at. He’s not a good tackler, not good in the air, not strong, not quick, not particularly good on the ball. I see many of the aforementioned attributes in our other full backs (Castagne not having a good time currently granted) but I don’t think Luke has what it takes to be a premier league footballer for us: he’s sadly not good enough. 

It all those things he’s proved he’s good at…he’s just at present lost his way somewhat,but not the OTT individual fans looking for reason to his dips in form or performance….FFS someone can put illogical things together,and then through eternity they will push those ideas…

Thomas will bounce back,because he does have those assets you doubt…

11 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

It all those things he’s proved he’s good at…he’s just at present lost his way somewhat,but not the OTT individual fans looking for reason to his dips in form or performance….FFS someone can put illogical things together,and then through eternity they will push those ideas…

Thomas will bounce back,because he does have those assets you doubt…

Just to clarify then, you think Luke Thomas is: good at tackling, good in the air, strong, quick and good on the ball? 

1 hour ago, Ed 1 said:

But you said you know for a fact he’s lazy outside of football if you don’t give two hoots why mention it? 

I don’t mind anyone questioning ability as that’s opinions but to bring personal life stuff in to question is out of order. I’m curious how you know he’s lazy outside of football are you close to him? 

38 minutes ago, Whys it always me said:

But you said you know for a fact he’s lazy outside of football if you don’t give two hoots why mention it? 

I don’t mind anyone questioning ability as that’s opinions but to bring personal life stuff in to question is out of order. I’m curious how you know he’s lazy outside of football are you close to him? 

Because in this instance it translates into his football as well, that’s all mate. 

He’s a good friend of my friend. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ed 1 said:

Because in this instance it translates into his football as well, that’s all mate. 

Can you find out who his personal shopper is mate, sounds like a few on here may be up for using them! 

Edited by alanf0x
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Ed 1 said:

You literally contradict yourself, so you don’t care what any pro footballer does outside of football except greenwood but you do when it’s Luke because it translates on the pitch because he’s been lazy loads of times. 

Nice one I’ll update him that his so called friends are talking bollocks behind his back to others who then post it on here. 

1 minute ago, Whys it always me said:

You literally contradict yourself, so you don’t care what any pro footballer does outside of football except greenwood but you do when it’s Luke because it translates on the pitch because he’s been lazy loads of times. 

Nice one I’ll update him that his so called friends are talking bollocks behind his back to others who then post it on here. 

What I was alluding to was the fact that when players actively go and get personal shoppers, Instagram photographers etc this doesn’t necessarily affect their ability on the pitch, however when their personality traits affect how they perform for LCFC then this a slightly different issue? 

1 hour ago, Ed 1 said:

Just to clarify then, you think Luke Thomas is: good at tackling, good in the air, strong, quick and good on the ball? 

Yep…I am a glutton for punishment…

I take the sins of this world upon myself.

And one thing I won’t accept,can’t accept…that he’s missing all these assets,

because someone wants to push a point..

you want it to be right ok..You stand your ground,but I can’t jump in your trench I am sorry…That life’s a pig,and you think he’s crap..

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

Yep…I am a glutton for punishment…

I take the sins of this world upon myself.

And one thing I won’t accept,can’t accept…that he’s missing all these assets,

because someone wants to push a point..

you want it to be right ok..You stand your ground,but I can’t jump in your trench I am sorry…That life’s a pig,and you think he’s crap..

Fair enough mate, as I say, everyone’s entitled to their opinion and I respect yours 

2 hours ago, Ed 1 said:

What I was alluding to was the fact that when players actively go and get personal shoppers, Instagram photographers etc this doesn’t necessarily affect their ability on the pitch, however when their personality traits affect how they perform for LCFC then this a slightly different issue? 

But you don’t know him do you? you have no idea what he does on a day to day basis, you are hearing second hand information from your close friend. 

If you trust your mates information then you will be happy to name him so I can pass this on to Luke. I’m sure he would be delighted to know his mates are slagging him off behind his back. 

You make is sound like he’s strolls around the pitch all the time and have named the one almiron example. If he was as lazy as you make out, do you think he would be on the pitch or even on the bench. Rodger’s has publicly called players out for not trying yet at one point last season was calling luke his player of the season, this doesn’t sound like someone who is lazy. 

I have no issues with you having an opinion of him being a lazy footballer, but bringing his personal traits into question when you don’t know him personally or spend any time with him is bang out of order. 

Edited by Whys it always me
Typo
  • Like 3

On 16/02/2023 at 13:50, fuchsntf said:

We will need him,because we don't know what the near future has in store,

for...Ricardo,Castagna & Justin,or even

Tete .

...too many players in this club are held back due to being needed for cover!!!

How can they develop without proper game time. Thomas in order to stay in the team is effectively playing  by numbers, nothing about his personality is in the way he plays, it is not luxury he can afford. 

We have seen what he can do, especially in the biggest games, but in order to maintain his place in the team he has to play a certain way.

He comes in for a game and we win nobody will say anything if we lose everyone will say he’s crap. Unfortunately I think he’s a player who reflects the team performance as a whole. If the team plays well he will have a good game, eg fa cup final, if the team plays badly he plays badly, see most of first few games of season. Very much a confidence player, get behind him, there’s a reason he’s in the first team and England u21 set up. Does need to hit the gym to bulk up a bit which I feel would hugely help.

2 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

He comes in for a game and we win nobody will say anything if we lose everyone will say he’s crap. Unfortunately I think he’s a player who reflects the team performance as a whole. If the team plays well he will have a good game, eg fa cup final, if the team plays badly he plays badly, see most of first few games of season. Very much a confidence player, get behind him, there’s a reason he’s in the first team and England u21 set up. Does need to hit the gym to bulk up a bit which I feel would hugely help.

Without turning this into Victor is better than Thomas comment.

The difference between their recent performances truly highlights what is lacking in Thomas’ game - athleticism.

I’m sure Luke can defend but his lack of ability to get up and down the pitch like Chilwell and now Victor does will definitely limit his time here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SafewayFox said:

The difference between their recent performances truly highlights what is lacking in Thomas’ game - athleticism.

I’m sure Luke can defend but his lack of ability to get up and down the pitch like Chilwell and now Victor does will definitely limit his time here.

I agree, his athletic ability is holding him back over his footballing ability 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SafewayFox said:

I don’t think it’s just down to athleticism, mentally the two seem quite different. Kristiansen looks like a lion on his prey, opposite to Thomas who often looks like bambi on ice. 

• Like 2

I don't know when Luke's contract ends but as he is third choice behind JJ and Viktor its probably time to move on. He will attract interest no doubt and is worth £15 to £20 million at current valuations . He should have a decent career and I think he is a PL standard player but his opportunities with us appear to be limited.

1 hour ago, Mike1983 said:

I don’t think it’s just down to athleticism, mentally the two seem quite different. Kristiansen looks like a lion on his prey, opposite to Thomas who often looks like bambi on ice. 

Good point.

Luke doesn’t have that mentality but perhaps he knows his limitations because of his lack of athleticism so these limitations are linked?

Victor’s first taste of the PL was against an in form Bailey and he got done quite early in the game but then seemed to up his physicality and at one stage swatted Bailey, which was a joy to see.

Edited by SafewayFox
  • Like 1