Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Snooker 2021

9 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Just watching a bit of the Shoot-Out.

Anyone been in normal times? Looked a good laugh when they used to do it at Blackpool Tower.

I went when it was in Blackpool. It was a decent laugh but found the "jokes" and noise from the crowd annoying very quickly. 

I watched a bit yesterday, the added crowd noise is completely unnecessary. 

51 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I went when it was in Blackpool. It was a decent laugh but found the "jokes" and noise from the crowd annoying very quickly. 

I watched a bit yesterday, the added crowd noise is completely unnecessary. 

Yeah, Eurosport have clearly decided bad sitcom levels of canned cheers and groans is the way to go. lol

• 3 weeks later...

Watching televised snooker without an audience present is great, especially when Ronnie's playing. Whoever his opponent is doesn't have to put up with the mob that always cheers him on. Btw, Jimmy White's wig/hairpiece/hair implant, or whatever it is, is starting to look very unconvincing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I read somewhere that Higgins had adjusted his cueing technique a little to improve his game, it obviously seems to be working judging by the scorelines.

He mentioned it himself after beating Selby 6-0. Basically he's moved his bridge hand closer to the cueball. He said someone mentioned it to him so he went and watched videos of his younger self on YouTube and noticed he was closer then. Moved it and now he says he's cueing as well as he has ever done in his career. 

Edited by The Bear

31 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Blimey if he can carry that form into the world's then that'll take some serious stopping, imagine that sort of standard over 3 or 4 sessions, jeez. 

You can get 8/1 on him at the minute.

• Like 1

I think Higgins enjoys playing without a crowd, I think he's mentioned it a couple of times. Superb level this week. It will be an interesting dynamic when crowds return. 

Never been a fan of Ronnie but I do think he's taking defeats a lot better at the minute and becoming a bit more likeable. Not seen too much petulance or excuses from him. I think that is 4 or 5 finals he's lost this season. 

Louis Theroux is set to investigate the world of snooker in a new documentary series titled ‘Gods of Snooker’.

The famed documentary maker will front the BBC Two series as well as work as an executive producer for the show, which is being made under his production company, Mindhouse Productions.

‘Gods of Snooker’ will see Louis meet with some of the game’s greatest players, including former world champs Steve Davis, Cliff Thorburn and Ray Reardon.

In a statement, he said: “I couldn’t be more excited to be involved in this documentary series. The story of the heyday of snooker is a remarkable one filled with drama and angst and enormous talent. For the documentaries I’m involved in, I get most excited about those that are the most human: conflict, triumph, disaster, all the big emotions, played out before your eyes, and you have that here on a scale that is both epic – the national stage – but also intimate – the hush of the snooker hall. I’m old enough to remember the 1985 black ball final between Dennis Taylor and Steve Davis. I was 15 and everyone was talking about it at school.

"But that was just one of many high-points in an era when god-like talent came to earth in the form of the professional snooker player. Just to add: we’ve been privileged to work on this with almost all those stars of that time. To say I’ve been involved in a documentary series with Steve Davis, Jimmy White, Ray Reardon, Cliff Thorburn, to name just a few, is an amazing feeling and quite honestly not something I ever imagined.”

The documentary will be a three-part series that will explore the golden age of snooker through the eyes of those who were involv

https://www.list.co.uk/article/124177-louis-theroux-investigates-snooker-in-new-bbc-documentary/

This should be good. Didn't have Louis Theroux down as a snooker fan!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...