Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Snooker 2021

8 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Eye sight goes, desire goes. Probably doesn’t even bother practicing now where as before he would have put the hours in.

Hmmm. I bet he is practising loads to prove that he isn't done! And if eye sight goes, get some glasses or contact lenses!

Take your point on the desire, but again he's going to want to prove there is life in the old dog.

21 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Hmmm. I bet he is practising loads to prove that he isn't done! And if eye sight goes, get some glasses or contact lenses!

Take your point on the desire, but again he's going to want to prove there is life in the old dog.

I tell you what, if he is practicing loads to play like that then I’d **** it off lol 

• Haha 1

On 18/08/2021 at 01:39, TK95 said:

He looks an absolutely shadow of himself. I guess he's still in it for the love of the game more than anything else 

He left his wife for a much younger woman. His ex wife took him to the cleaners so the comeback is more about the money.  

• Like 1

I think a lot of it is to do with Hendry having a condition called Yips. I wondered a few years back why he stopped playing and found he had this-

"The yips is the loss of fine motor skills in athletes. The condition occurs suddenly and without apparent explanation, usually in mature athletes with years of experience." 

8 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Hendry and Selby gone, my interest has now gone to not arsed pretty damn quick 😂

Not sure if a lot of the bigger names didnt play but I can only recall Selby, Allen and Murphy (and Hendry) going out.

Looking at the last 32 draw the only big names are Williams, Higgins and Trump. Guess O'Conner is a local interest for you guys and Brown for me but thats it. 

It's a bit of a lottery but it's a great chance for some of the tour players to win something. Even though I'd say Williams probably wins it. 

ITV won't stick with it though if the big names are going out early or not bothering at all. You've got to have a bit of variety in tournament formats. 

Yuelong and Lu Ning are talented players, Gilbert is a good player too. Not like it's just the lower ranked players left. 

It should be the same format as the English, Scottish, NI & Welsh Open’s.

You do have a World Champion, plus three former World Championship Semi-Finalists left in the draw though, over a format like this, the quarters line up had potential to be much worse. The pair of Zhou Yuelong & Lu Ning did reach the Semis of the UK last year as well, over a stronger format.

The final was pretty decent in the end.

Have mixed feelings on Rob Walker, he's decent in commentary and a good announcer for the intros but his interviews are awful.

He either comes out with a statement or a massively leading question like '2nd round of the Scottish Open, it doesnt get much bigger than this Ronnie' 'How impressed were you by (x)? 'Where does this win rank?' Think he needs to work on not being over excited and not getting over hyped on certain areas.

First time I've seem him called out last night, unfortunately for him it was after a televised final so felt a bit sorry for him in the end as he seems like a decent guy.

3 minutes ago, Nalis said:

The final was pretty decent in the end.

Have mixed feelings on Rob Walker, he's decent in commentary and a good announcer for the intros but his interviews are awful.

He either comes out with a statement or a massively leading question like '2nd round of the Scottish Open, it doesnt get much bigger than this Ronnie' 'How impressed were you by (x)? 'Where does this win rank?' Think he needs to work on not being over excited and not getting over hyped on certain areas.

First time I've seem him called out last night, unfortunately for him it was after a televised final so felt a bit sorry for him in the end as he seems like a decent guy.

I turned off before the interviews. What was he called out for and by whom? 

I'm imagining it was Williams with with his grumpy old man/not bothered schtick. 

Edited by The Bear

9 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I turned off before the interviews. What was he called out for and by whom? 

I'm imagining it was Williams with with his grumpy old man/not bothered schtick. 

RW came out with a comment on how Gary Wilson can be proud of reaching the final then GW asked what was the question. Then RW came out with another statement on the solace he could find get beat by an all time great in Mark Williams and GW asked him again whats the question? Think GW was a bit pissed off in general with losing but he was fine for the rest of the interview.

Then MW took the piss a little bit when RW did the same thing to him.

• Like 1

Yeah I find Rob Walker too much, everything is so dramatic and over the top. But then I find the whole introductions massively unnecessary. 

That said, Gary Wilson and Mark Williams can be arsey a lot of the time. 

Not sure what's going on with this Northern Ireland Open scheduling, loads of 1st round matches this week but then those involving the top 16 and rest of the tournament not until the middle of October.

• 4 weeks later...

He’s getting slammed. Although these lol players would struggle to get through the first round of any qualifying at a snooker event. Great stuff from Shaw though relentless potting. The angles, the spin, the tables even the cues play differently.