Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Odsonne Edouard

26 minutes ago, Genesis1 said:

I'm basing the comparison of the handful of times I've seen them both play and for sure Morelos is hotheaded but it's been a while since we've had a target man and we do love the long balls and crosses. I'm also basing it on the likelinees the next striker we get will eventually replace Vardy, which is why I don't count Slimani since he didn't play weekly.

I have missed a few out I'm sure but not purposely, it was more a case those mentioned were noted as huge signings for the English league with high expectations and potential and did very little. I mean wasn't Hooper scoring 20-30 a season at one point.

My overall point is although every signing isn't without it's risk. This one keeps popping up since the day Rogers arrived and I don't think it would be all to smart. Just my opinion though!

I mean, his strength is one of his best attributes but I would hardly have Morelos down as a target man. Eddy is better in the air. I would say Eddie's hold up play is better too. He's not as strong but his passing and ball control is better superior. 

Morelos is more like Vardy in regards to aggression and work rate were Eduoard has the composure and coolness in front of goal. 

It's not even a debate between the two in my eyes and with French Eddy being more reliable in big games, younger and probably cheaper.... it's a no brainer. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

I think you may have overlooked the salient point I made; but I don't wish to start a row.

Appearances need to be kept up, egos need to be massaged and fanbases need to be courted. That all stands until the real 'god' of the game (money) rears its head and commercial realities take over.

Late in the window sale to LCFC.

You've lost me lol

4 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Mate.... I mean this with the utmost respect but if you are suggesting Morelos over Eduord then it's an absolute certainty that you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about in regards to Scottish football. 

You've also missed a fair few good SPFL exports although on purpose or not I'm not sure. 

What this guy said.

3 hours ago, Genesis1 said:

I'm basing the comparison of the handful of times I've seen them both play and for sure Morelos is hotheaded but it's been a while since we've had a target man and we do love the long balls and crosses. I'm also basing it on the likelinees the next striker we get will eventually replace Vardy, which is why I don't count Slimani since he didn't play weekly.

I have missed a few out I'm sure but not purposely, it was more a case those mentioned were noted as huge signings for the English league with high expectations and potential and did very little. I mean wasn't Hooper scoring 20-30 a season at one point.

My overall point is although every signing isn't without it's risk. This one keeps popping up since the day Rogers arrived and I don't think it would be all to smart. Just my opinion though!

Morelos ain't a target man, like has been said I sincerely doubt you've seen enough of either to arrive at these opinions.

18 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

As I've said countless times in the past this is absolute tosh. We've had interviews with Rodgers on the website since he left, public statements thanking him along with the other managers who were part of the 9 in a row run last season. In fact the relationship between Rodgers and the Celtic board is probably better now than it was when he was here. If Leicester offer the asking price Lawell wouldn't think twice about selling.

Selling Edouard to Leicester is the last thing on Celtic fan's minds at the moment given all that's went on this season.

Official Celtictwitter account wishing Brendan happy birthday today lol 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

It will be very interesting to know if this knee injury he has is still there for the celtic game tomorrow night.....

Lennon said in his press conference today "several players want to leave" but doesn't expect many to go as there haven't been any concrete bids apart from for Frimpong who is over speaking to Leverkusen today.

There were strong rumours last week about Leeds having bid for Christie mind you.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson

5 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Lennon said in his press conference today "several players want to leave" but doesn't expect many to go as there haven't been any concrete bids apart from for Frimpong who is over speaking to Leverkusen today.

There were strong rumours last week about Leeds having bid for Christie mind you.

Just seen. Interesting his language - I'd love to see us make a 'robust offer' for edouard.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

On 22/01/2021 at 15:31, Finnegan said:

I doubt we do this. 

It's four games, he's just bigged up Perez, you could try and argue that's some 5D chess to try and talk the price down but lets be honest, it's probably not happening.

We'll just suck it up an

As a manager would you really want to use this kind of language in a press conference at a club like Celtic?

"several players want to leave"

I'd be pissed if a Leicester manager said that about our club openly (not that it's likely)

6 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

As a manager would you really want to use this kind of language in a press conference at a club like Celtic?

I'd be pissed if a Leicester manager said that about our club openly (not that it's likely)

Honestly, mate, he is a disgrace. For months it's like he's trying his best to be sacked, the things he's said, countless times this season are beyond the pale. He's an embaressment to himself and the club. I don't know who is worse, him or his spineless paymasters who won't put him out his misery.

19 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

He's been doing it for months now. After every dropped point jesus openly throwing his players under the bus. He's desperate to deflect the criticism from himself.

I honestly believe he's more worried about his legacy at Celtic than he is the teams performances. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Honestly, mate, he is a disgrace. For months it's like he's trying his best to be sacked, the things he's said, countless times this season are beyond the pale. He's an embaressment to himself and the club. I don't know who is worse, him or his spineless paymasters who won't put him out his misery.

I reckon you'll end up with Lampard.... The old Lampard V Gerrard... The managerial version.

• Like 2

Just now, Pliskin said:

I reckon you'll end up with Lampard.... The old Lampard V Gerrard... The managerial version.

You know I thought about that yesterday that I wouldn't be surprised if that happened. Convincing Lampard to move to Glasgow may be a challenge though.

It would be quite ironic as Gerrard prior to becoming manager at the death star was quite open about his fondness for Celtic and Lampard always has been the other way with Rangers. Guess this is exactly how I've described it though, it's merely a fondness so not really a factor in terms of taking a job or whatever.

14 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

He's been doing it for months now. After every dropped point jesus openly throwing his players under the bus. He's desperate to deflect the criticism from himself.

I honestly believe he's more worried about his legacy at Celtic than he is the teams performances. 

He's already wrecked his legacy, he's more worried about his pocket. He knows this is his last gig in management and as such is waiting on his year's payout.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I remember him doing the press conference when you took him on and I thought it was all a bit rushed, and that he'd be a temprary manager until Celtic found a manager worthy of the club and scouting a sought after one carefully. Is there any reason why hes still there? Is he close to the owners or something? 

10 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I remember him doing the press conference when you took him on and I thought it was all a bit rushed, and that he'd be a temprary manager until Celtic found a manager worthy of the club and scouting a sought after one carefully. Is there any reason why hes still there? Is he close to the owners or something? 

Yeah that in itself was an embaressment, given the job in the showers after the cup final with Lawell saying he hadn't bothered to look at a single other CV as he knew Lennon was the man from the job. He managed to instantly deflate pretty much all the Celtic support in that very moment, in the midst of everyone celebrating a treble treble.

In short he's still there as he is a yes man and that's what Lawell wants, someone who won't rock the boat and and someone he can foist players upon with no discontent. That's why Lawell and Rodgers' relationship broke down, because Rodgers was a progressive, demanding manager who wanted to do things his way, the right way. 

Replacing Brendan Rodgers with a man who was sacked at Bolton and Hibs was gross mismanagement in itself and we are now reaping what we've sown for that act of negligence.

I don't like throwing managers under the bus. Its too easy without knowing all the details.

That said its a bit tiring watching former players being tossed in again and again. So many managers who have been educated in the modern methods and years of training being passed over. Always thought when Rodgers left that Celtic would appoint someone in the same mentality. To continue the progression to a progressive club structure and style of football much like here at Leicester. Always thought Pep Lijnders, worked with Rodgers and was Klopp's no.2, would be the perfect fit. Must be sad for Rodgers to see all that work go up in smoke.

Is Edouard coming? :ph34r::)