Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Odsonne Edouard

55 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

It's not a no win situation, in fact it's probably the opposite, there's far less risk coming to Celtic, inevitably winning a few trophies and then lookng down south again. Pretty much exactly what Rodgers done. Going somewhere like Newcastle for example, he relegates them within 6 months and he'd struggle to get a job at EPL level again. Celtic are in a bit of a mess at the moment but Lawell going at the end of the season would be the ideal time for a new manager to come, start with a clean slate, influence change and have less pressure than usual now the ten in a row monkey is off the club's back.

If Lawwell is going than I totally agree with you! A miracle!

1 hour ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Yeah according to Lennon today no one has even made a bid.

Lennon has form for being either uninformed, clueless or lying.

Bids won't go in until the player and his agent have decided which of the many clubs they are talking to they actually fancy joining, and the club gets the nod.

(I imagine.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

There’s an evident need, though I get that you don’t buy to cover a 4-5 game absence of one player.

I suppose it depends on how much we rate him. If we genuinely think he could be a long term successor to vards, and we have the funds to do it now, it seems like an opportunity not to miss. If we don't rate him as that long term option, then like you say, you give it a miss.

This is starting to get right on my tits! It's clear we're not getting a striker, Eddy or otherwise despite the fact that its blatantly obvious we need one. 

At best, Perez isn't a striker, he's a #10 and Nacho can't play as a loan striker so we have absolutely no backup to Vardy in the system that we play. 

It's very frustrating. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Fktf said:

I suppose it depends on how much we rate him. If we genuinely think he could be a long term successor to vards, and we have the funds to do it now, it seems like an opportunity not to miss. If we don't rate him as that long term option, then like you say, you give it a miss.

...it would be absolutely insane if we are waiting to pick him up in the summer at a reduced price!!!

It was clear tonight that we needed someone in the strikers role who thought like a frontman.

We are on the verge of missing a great opportunity here, by not addressing this issue and this I  fear is not going to be a one time short-term cover for Vardy, because this situation can easily occur again, with half the season still to be played.

I have no idea what the thinking is, behind our reluctance to bring in a competent striker to share the load in the run in for the rest of what is turning out to be a busy season.

3 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

This is starting to get right on my tits! It's clear we're not getting a striker, Eddy or otherwise despite the fact that its blatantly obvious we need one. 

At best, Perez isn't a striker, he's a #10 and Nacho can't play as a loan striker so we have absolutely no backup to Vardy in the system that we play. 

It's very frustrating. 

Rodgers has said there are no strikers available that are good enough for what we need. There is no point signing someone who isnt good enough just for the sake of it, better saving the limited budget we have for the summer when it's easier to sign players. And we just dont have the budget to go and overpay for someone. Would have been good to get a loan in until the end of the season but if nobody is available that cant be helped. Not been much dealings by any teams this window.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

I am getting all negative about him when I look on Celtic's main forum, seems the fans think he is poor and lazy and would bite our hands off if we offered them £15m for him.

Its worth noting that just over a year ago, Celtic fans where claiming they dodged a bullet with BR going and that Lennon was the better manager...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

I am getting all negative about him when I look on Celtic's main forum, seems the fans think he is poor and lazy and would bite our hands off if we offered them £15m for him.

... Long Covid is the reason for his performances at the moment!!!

It maybe possible that £15-20m could get him.

Apparently he has lost weight he really cannot afford to lose and obviously not having a good time with it. 

Supporters tend to see what they want to see and it is quite clear there are issues with his health.

Edited by sacreblueits442

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

... Long Covid is the reason for his performances at the moment!!!

It maybe possible that £15-20m could get him.

Apparently he has lost weight he really cannot afford to lose and obviously not having a good time with it. 

Supporters tend to see what they want to see and it is quite clear there are issues with his health.

Is that confirmed anywhere? If he has long COVID then that would be a real red flag for any club considering buying him.

6 minutes ago, Nick said:

Is that confirmed anywhere? If he has long COVID then that would be a real red flag for any club considering buying him.

....stated many times by @Muzzy_Larsson that he has had it and it is a factor in his performances!!!

The long term effect is something that we cannot predict as this virus affects us all differently.  The fact that he is out on the pitch still playing is good and maybe he returns to top form down the line.

• Like 1

Can't see this happening. There has only really been the guy on Talksport mentioning anything and I wouldn't class him as reliable. If he is suffering from long covid doubt he would pass a medical.

We need a striker but maybe not this one. Laso don't think Brendan sees this position as one of immediate concern whereas he has publically mentioned an attacking midfielder.