Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Odsonne Edouard

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

How good is he? I don't watch any Celtic games on TV, what do you guys think of him, is he any good?

Simply put, he has all the traits needed to be a top, top player. Touch, technically gifted, pacey and an eye for goal....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Collymore said:

How do you know this? 

Just my opinion, should have added IMO after it apologies!

Can't see him coming here if he played today, Celtic wouldn't have wanted to risk the 15m or so they'll get for him. I think we'll get an attacking midfielder that can play in the middle or out wide on loan from somewhere and that'll be us done for the window.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Collymore said:

How do you know this? 

Given Rodgers just hinted extremely clearly that we're about to sign an attacking midfielder as a priority, the odds of us swooping for Edouard in the next couple of days when there are zero signs we're actually bothered, it seems unlikely. 

• Like 1

I’ve only watched brief highlights but he does look very good. 
He is only 23 & will get better still. 
Rogers must know his attributes etc. It’s obvious to everyone we need a striker too. 
I’d be surprised if he’s at Celtic beyond the summer. 
Watkins is doing well at Villa, I don’t see why Edouard can’t have a similar impact. 

59 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

I’ve only watched brief highlights but he does look very good. 
He is only 23 & will get better still. 
Rogers must know his attributes etc. It’s obvious to everyone we need a striker too. 
I’d be surprised if he’s at Celtic beyond the summer. 
Watkins is doing well at Villa, I don’t see why Edouard can’t have a similar impact. 

....it makes little sense, unless it is down to finance why we have not sought to pick up a striker, whether on loan or permanent to cover for Vardy !!!

His present injury may just be part of recurring problems down the line and this is an opportunity that we appear to be comfortable in letting pass us by.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....it makes little sense, unless it is down to finance why we have not sought to pick up a striker, whether on loan or permanent to cover for Vardy !!!

His present injury may just be part of recurring problems down the line and this is an opportunity that we appear to be comfortable in letting pass us by.

It's already been a recurring problem. Rodgers has spoken about managing it with resting him during the Europa and Vardy getting the odd day off training. The surgery might buy him a bit more time but I dont imagine its something that will go away given the strain he puts on it with his high intensity style of play. 

5 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

It's already been a recurring problem. Rodgers has spoken about managing it with resting him during the Europa and Vardy getting the odd day off training. The surgery might buy him a bit more time but I dont imagine its something that will go away given the strain he puts on it with his high intensity style of play. 

...even more reason to have got cover, in some form or other!!!

There is a possibility that we could come up short due to not bringing in cover for the positions that we are crying out for and we seem to look at it as we will do better next season. I don't understand it!!

20 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...even more reason to have got cover, in some form or other!!!

There is a possibility that we could come up short due to not bringing in cover for the positions that we are crying out for and we seem to look at it as we will do better next season. I don't understand it!!

Me neither. I completely agree. 

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I would think it almost certainly is down to finance. January is not a good month for buying and there's not likely to be a long line of clubs queueing up to either sell us their best strikers at a bargain price or let us borrow them for a bit.

We would presumably rather get nobody in and trust the players we have than get someone in who doesn't fit or we don't think is good enough and lumber ourselves with another piece of deadwood to shift. If one of our targets is available for a reasonable price, we'll do it, if not, we won't.

3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Just my opinion, should have added IMO after it apologies!

Can't see him coming here if he played today, Celtic wouldn't have wanted to risk the 15m or so they'll get for him. I think we'll get an attacking midfielder that can play in the middle or out wide on loan from somewhere and that'll be us done for the window.

No need to put imo mate loads of posters talk absolute shite in the transfer section either pretending to be itk or think that because they signed a player on Fifa/football manager then we’ll sign him in real life too lol

I agree though, can’t see him coming til the summer now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Guest said:

I would think it almost certainly is down to finance. January is not a good month for buying and there's not likely to be a long line of clubs queueing up to either sell us their best strikers at a bargain price or let us borrow them for a bit.

We would presumably rather get nobody in and trust the players we have than get someone in who doesn't fit or we don't think is good enough and lumber ourselves with another piece of deadwood to shift. If one of our targets is available for a reasonable price, we'll do it, if not, we won't.

....if we use Edouard as an example, Celtic are out of the running for the league, he will not be at the club next season, why not instigate a loan at this moment for him!!!

There is a great deal of difference in achieving a top four finish (in the Premiership) compared to the fruitless pursuit by Celtic, in their domestic season as I would surmise the supporters and many of their players cannot wait for the season to be over.

We pay his wages for 6 months and we have someone who can help us to get over the line in so many areas. If we really want him, we make it happen, there is no point in bringing him in the summer, it makes no sense.

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....if we use Edouard as an example, Celtic are out of the running for the league, he will not be at the club next season, why not instigate a loan at this moment for him!!!

There is a great deal of difference in achieving a top four finish (in the Premiership) compared to the fruitless pursuit by Celtic, in their domestic season as I would surmise the supporters and many of their players cannot wait for the season to be over.

We pay his wages for 6 months and we have someone who can help us to get over the line in so many areas. If we really want him, we make it happen, there is no point in bringing him in the summer, it makes no sense.

Champions League is far from safe for Celtic. Think they may want to lock that up before shipping out anymore players. 

12 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

It appears to me that Edouard is and has never been in BR's reckoning. BR wants a striker more akin to vards and I'd hope that the club would have this player no later than summer transfer window.

....there was a time the problem was said to be, the way Vardy played made it difficult and forced us to play in a way which catered only to his style of play!!!

The next striker won't be like Vardy, there needs to be a flexibility in the way we spearhead our attack and it will be a player with a diverse skillset who will take up this position. Vardy is the the number #1 player of all time for the club, we should not attempt to replace like for like, Giroud has been suggested as a player who could do this role, we need to start looking in that direction, we hold ourselves back if we try to go like for like to replace Vardy.

19 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Champions League is far from safe for Celtic. Think they may want to lock that up before shipping out anymore players. 

....that is a team drifting with the tide, with Lennon at the helm and the unrest within the players, it is not going to get any better!!!

I understand the need for Champions League and the revenue it can bring, but that club needs a complete rebuild.