Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Odsonne Edouard

10 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Some noises about McGregor but not from my usual (good) source.

Is he one of the ones that wants out, Muzzy?

I know nothing about the player; only an out of the blue rumour that it could be done and dusted quickly?

Good player who we've been in for before.

Hes Brendan's new Joe Allen.

Muzzy has said the only two he thinks are good enough are Eduoard and McGregor.

I'd be happy with this. Hes also left footed and we don't have too many leftys.

16 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I know nothing about the player; only an out of the blue rumour that it could be done and dusted quickly?

I heard the same thing yesterday. The guy who said it has a history of being right about Celtic related things apparently but I don't know him so couldn't say. 

I would love him here. I'm a big fan of Calmac. 

Edited by Foxy_Bear
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

4/11 now or similar 

...sounds like a plan!!!

Perhaps a genuine reason to get him down South now, as he has a good skillset and the presence we need in the middle of the pitch.

I always felt if Tielemans was not here he would have been the first name on the team sheet, Rodgers' leader on the pitch.

All we need is someone competent upfront and we are more than competitive. 

1 hour ago, The People's Hero said:

I don't think McGregor would ever rock the boat in terms of demanding a move but I think he'll feel it's the time for a new challenge for him and would jump at the chance of a move to Leicester. He wanted to go when Rodgers made the bid last time around but never made a song and dance about it which speaks volumes about his character.

If Celtic's asking price were to be met which I'd imagine would be in he £15-20m range as he's one of the few on a long contract then I reckon it could happen. More chance of it now than ever.

• Like 1

I've never seen McGregor play so I cant really comment to be honest but I'm not sure he'd be any better than what we've got, think its best for him to focus on fighting Pacquiao next instead.

Edited by Nalis
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I've never seen McGregor play so I cant really comment to be honest but I'm not sure he'd be any better than what we've got, think its best for him to focus on fighting Pacquiao next instead.

He's certainly a player we could use. Covers any CM role we would need him to. Can play as a #10, an #8, box to box, deep lying playmaker (which I think is his best position) and has even sat as a holding midfielder at points. 

As far as his ability in comparison to what we have already... Ok, he's not as good as Maddison or Youri but he's more than adequate cover for both. I personally think hes an upgrade on Praet (who I'm a fan of) and certainly Hamza. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Nalis said:

...watched the obligatory YouTube when Rodgers came and he was  mentioned and he is just what we need in the team. 

We have been described as too nice, well he will bring creativity and steel and massive depth to the team.

Don’t see the appeal in signing Callum McGregor tbh, he’s near identical to Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall in being a left footed central midfielder who is comfortable on the ball and can play either 6/8/10 (granted Kiernan isn’t as comfortable as McGregor in the 10 role but still capable). 

Personally I see no point in signing McGregor for the touted £15-£20 million when Kiernan is 5 years younger and still has growth potential in his development which to be honest could exceed the level McGregor is currently at. 

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...watched the obligatory YouTube when Rodgers came and he was  mentioned and he is just what we need in the team. 

We have been described as too nice, well he will bring creativity and steel and massive depth to the team.

Goals too. Picks up good positions at the edge of the box and has a decent strike on him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GingerrrFox said:

Don’t see the appeal in signing Callum McGregor tbh, he’s near identical to Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall in being a left footed central midfielder who is comfortable on the ball and can play either 6/8/10 (granted Kiernan isn’t as comfortable as McGregor in the 10 role but still capable). 

Personally I see no point in signing McGregor for the touted £15-£20 million when Kiernan is 5 years younger and still has growth potential in his development which to be honest could exceed the level McGregor is currently at. 

...just his presence on the pitch elevates us!!!

5 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Personally I would prefer to have McGregor AND KDH next season over having Praet and one of the other two. 

I think McGregor is better than Praet and like you said, KDH has the potential to be better than McGregor. Plus, both are more balanced and adaptable CM's.

12 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

He's certainly a player we could use. Covers any CM role we would need him to. Can play as a #10, an #8, box to box, deep lying playmaker (which I think is his best position) and has even sat as a holding midfielder at points. 

As far as his ability in comparison to what we have already... Ok, he's not as good as Maddison or Youri but he's more than adequate cover for both. I personally think hes an upgrade on Praet (who I'm a fan of) and certainly Hamza. 

This is spot on.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

The good thing about McGregor is your signing effectively a 6, 8 and a 10 who is effective in all those positions. He's great on the ball and at using it so tailor made for the way Rodgers plays. I don't think when everyone is fit he gets in the strongest eleven but I think he'd be a marked upgrade on current back-up's like Mendy, Praet and Hamza and I think those three are very decent players themselves.

Praet is a very decent player and since Rodgers has allowed him to get more forward then hes right behind Maddison in the pecking order. I dont think he'd be dislodged from 2nd choice and is contracted to 2024.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Praet is a very decent player and since Rodgers has allowed him to get more forward then hes right behind Maddison in the pecking order. I dont think he'd be dislodged from 2nd choice and is contracted to 2024.

I said as much in my post that I thought Praet was a decent player. It's all about opinions but I think McGregor is a better squad option than him though. Rodgers tried to get McGregor first before going and signing Praet afterwards also remember.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I said as much in my post that I thought Praet was a decent player. It's all about opinions but I think McGregor is a better squad option than him though. Rodgers tried to get McGregor first before going and signing Praet afterwards also remember.

I agree with this. 

58 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

What are McGregors best strengths as I dont know the player that well? Sounds positive from what you are saying anyway.

1 hour ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

The good thing about McGregor is your signing effectively a 6, 8 and a 10 who is effective in all those positions. He's great on the ball and at using it so tailor made for the way Rodgers plays. I don't think when everyone is fit he gets in the strongest eleven but I think he'd be a marked upgrade on current back-up's like Mendy, Praet and Hamza and I think those three are very decent players themselves.

McGregor is very similar to Praet and it was clear that we wanted McGregor but settled on Praet. We still need one more of that ilk and although I'd rather Otavio, I'd be more than happy with McGregor who I've no doubt would do well here. Dewsbury-Hall might well suffer if we do sign a player like this but who knows what's going to happen to Tielemans future and Praet may not be entirely happy as a squad player here.

• Like 3