Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Odsonne Edouard

As posted in Vardy injury thread, if we're taking Rodgers at face value I would be surprised if this or any striker signing was a goer:

“We’ve played without Jamie before and scored and won. He’s contributed to the team over these past few weeks even if he hasn’t scored. When you don’t have one of the top strikers in the league, it’s always going to be disappointing. It’s not overly concerning. It’s our best chance of getting him back. Ayoze Perez is a natural striker. He doesn’t threaten the backline as quickly as Vardy, but he’s a great finisher. I‘ve got Kels who can offer a threat too."

13 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

As posted in Vardy injury thread, if we're taking Rodgers at face value I would be surprised if this or any striker signing was a goer:

“We’ve played without Jamie before and scored and won. He’s contributed to the team over these past few weeks even if he hasn’t scored. When you don’t have one of the top strikers in the league, it’s always going to be disappointing. It’s not overly concerning. It’s our best chance of getting him back. Ayoze Perez is a natural striker. He doesn’t threaten the backline as quickly as Vardy, but he’s a great finisher. I‘ve got Kels who can offer a threat too."

If he says we need a striker publicly clubs smack money on straight away to anything quoted, or am I being overly hopeful? 

• Like 2

Just now, Lesta2014 said:

If he says we need a striker publicly clubs smack money on straight away to anything quoted, or am I being overly hopeful? 

That's why I clarified it's only if we're taking him at face value. To be fair, I don't remember a time before where we've signed someone unexpected under Rodgers - in the summer and last January he made it openly clear in the press we needed a centre back, and again in the summer spoke about the need for more penetration out wide before signing Under. And in the previous summer, we did obvious deals for Simpson and Okazaki replacements, got Tielemans and then he said in pre-season interviews we wanted someone in Praet's position, which we delivered on.

The club work 'secretly' in terms of the media but it tends to be obvious we're in the market for a certain position because we get linked with a host of other players there, as agents get wind of what we want and try to advertise their players. I don't recall any concrete links to Edouard whatsoever, although Alan Nixon and this Talksport guy have been on about it being a possibility for a while.

Two signings in 9 days after saying we probably wouldn't get anyone in? That would be the complete opposite of the Leicester we know.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Maybe, but he outright dismissed us needing a midfielder a week ago. He's very contradictory on transfers.

8 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

That's why I clarified it's only if we're taking him at face value. To be fair, I don't remember a time before where we've signed someone unexpected under Rodgers - in the summer and last January he made it openly clear in the press we needed a centre back, and again in the summer spoke about the need for more penetration out wide before signing Under. And in the previous summer, we did obvious deals for Simpson and Okazaki replacements, got Tielemans and then he said in pre-season interviews we wanted someone in Praet's position, which we delivered on.

The club work 'secretly' in terms of the media but it tends to be obvious we're in the market for a certain position because we get linked with a host of other players there, as agents get wind of what we want and try to advertise their players. I don't recall any concrete links to Edouard whatsoever, although Alan Nixon and this Talksport guy have been on about it being a possibility for a while.

Two signings in 9 days after saying we probably wouldn't get anyone in? That would be the complete opposite of the Leicester we know.

Agreed

38 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

But as I said above, he dismissed us needing a midfielder a week ago when questioned about how we cope without Praet. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

But also why make the Vardy op/injury public if you’re actively pursuing a striker? 

I think that + his quotes shows we aren’t going to sign any forwards this window 

Just now, Les-TA-Jon said:

But also why make the Vardy op/injury public if you’re actively pursuing a striker? 

I think that + his quotes shows we aren’t going to sign any forwards this window 

Unless a deal is already in place and is done ✔ food for thought 

1 minute ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Probably right, think that makes me hope we sign one is we let slimani go knowing vardy was struggling. Had a striker in the squad who could help cover.

17 minutes ago, LCFCbwoi said:

I wouldn’t expect Rodgers to admit we’re in the market for a striker, if so, then clubs would probably increase asking price by 20%

The thing is though,  it's now public knowledge that Vardy is out for a few weeks, so if we tried to sign a striker now, then the club we are trying to do business with could up the price anyway.  Unless of course a deal has already been agreed with another club for a striker.  Going on Rodgers press conference today though, it seems we are looking more at trying to fill the gap left by Praets injury, and are going to try and muddle through Vardys injury, in the hope he won't be too long out.

• Like 1

Can’t moan about much at Leicester there run very well and we’ve signed some great players in the last few seasons but the one thing that winds me up is our need for a striker for probably 3 seasons now. This could have big impact where we finish and we’ve only ourselves to blame, fingers crossed we can get through the next few games without him again! 

On 20/01/2021 at 23:19, Pliskin said:

To be honest, between the O’Neil and Ranieri most of our signings were shit apart from Sir Les 😂

Bit harsh on Kasper, Nuge, Vardy, Ulloa, Fryatt, Simpson, Morgan, Drinkwater, Knockaert, Mahrez, Dyer... On second thought, you might be right! :D

3 hours ago, dannythefox said:

Can’t moan about much at Leicester there run very well and we’ve signed some great players in the last few seasons but the one thing that winds me up is our need for a striker for probably 3 seasons now. This could have big impact where we finish and we’ve only ourselves to blame, fingers crossed we can get through the next few games without him again! 

Carlos Vinicius

Shane Long

Cenk Tosun

Andy Carroll

Divock Origi

Wesley

Michy Batshuayi

Just some of the, frankly, average Premier League strikers sat on the bench week in, week out. We aren't the calibre of club to have a prime Solskjaer on the bench. 

Iheanacho is going through a rough patch, but only a few months ago he was doing the business in the Europa. If Edouard comes in, great, but Iheanacho as a backup is about the level can expect. 

Edited by wardyfox86
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

Vinicius Junior

Shane Long

Cenk Tosun

Andy Carroll

Divock Origi

Wesley

Michy Batshuayi

Just some of the, frankly, average Premier League strikers sat on the bench week in, week out. We aren't the calibre of club to have a prime Solskjaer on the bench. 

Iheanacho is going through a rough patch, but only a few months ago he was doing the business in the Europa. If Edouard comes in, great, but Iheanacho as a backup is about the level can expect. 

How many games has he played in the premier league. 

Because he plays for Real Madrid and never touched English soil.

57 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

Vinicius Junior

Shane Long

Cenk Tosun

Andy Carroll

Divock Origi

Wesley

Michy Batshuayi

I understand the second striker might not be as good but we need to be getting a player in so Vardy can’t teach him not when he’s done and dusted. I don’t mind Nacho but it says something when he doesn’t even start when Vardy is injured.