Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Odsonne Edouard

17 minutes ago, sdb said:

Iheanacho has become a bit of a scapegoat whilst there's currently no one to really blame for anything. He's a good finisher, far better player than many realise and seems content playing 2 mins per week as second fiddle to a superior player. Would people prefer a Tosun or Murray or Kamara? Those misses at Palace seem to have cost him his whole reputation for some people on here.

What I would say is that we'd be better off having a striker that has a similar style to Vardy. Rodgers has a very set way of playing and the change of system between vardy and kelichi is perhaps too much to reasonably expect a smooth transition.

We haven’t seen a lot of evidence of this recently .....his missed pen and near post header at palace the most recent example of his confidence issue on the pitch.   when  he’s on his game then he is a decent finisher but we now can’t afford for him to play several games to ‘get his eye in’ 

22 minutes ago, sdb said:

Iheanacho has become a bit of a scapegoat whilst there's currently no one to really blame for anything. He's a good finisher, far better player than many realise and seems content playing 2 mins per week as second fiddle to a superior player. Would people prefer a Tosun or Murray or Kamara? Those misses at Palace seem to have cost him his whole reputation for some people on here.

What I would say is that we'd be better off having a striker that has a similar style to Vardy. Rodgers has a very set way of playing and the change of system between vardy and kelichi is perhaps too much to reasonably expect a smooth transition.

Except his record when playing up front on his own for us in the PL is very very poor.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sdb said:

I don't think so, he's far more leeway the any other big money signing since we have been back in the PL.

Unfortunately he players in an era, were most team play one up front, he just can't do that role due to his lack of mobility and pace.

Edited by coolhandfox

Anyone else think vardys absence might lead to a change in formation? 3-4-1-2 may be the way forward;

schmeichel

fofana

evans

soyuncu

Ricardo

ndidi

Tielemans

Castagne

maddison

barnes

perez/Iheanacho 

I appreciate this is harsh on Justin but believe this would be strongest team when everyone (bar Vardy) is 100% 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Anyone else think vardys absence might lead to a change in formation? 3-4-1-2 may be the way forward;

schmeichel

fofana

evans

soyuncu

Ricardo

ndidi

Tielemans

Castagne

maddison

barnes

perez/Iheanacho 

I appreciate this is harsh on Justin but believe this would be strongest team when everyone (bar Vardy) is 100% 

I can totally see that being employed at some point. But Ricardo won't start, it'll be Justin for now.

26 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

schmeichel

fofana

evans

soyuncu

Ricardo

ndidi

Tielemans

Castagne

maddison

barnes

perez/Iheanacho 

I think something like this could come at some point, but recently the team has seemed so comfortable, confident and have a full understanding of their roles in the current system I don't think it would be best to change it right now.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Except his record when playing up front on his own for us in the PL is very very poor.

I agree with you, however I’m not sure he’s best as a lone striker and even if he was, he’s definitely not a player for the vardy role. If we utilised him like we did in that Europa league game then we might get something out of him but I reckon we’d need 2 wingers for that. 

Also got to factor in that he’s never really got a consistent run of games because Vardy is the first name on the team sheet 

• Like 1

I think they’ll see how nacho or Perez do against Brentford and Everton. If they do well I think we’ll wait till the summer. If not I see us putting a bid in towards the end of next week. I’d like us to sign him. He’s a Brendan type signing. Young, looking to improve and challenging Vardy for starting instead of or alongside. 

14 minutes ago, LCFCbwoi said:

I agree with you, however I’m not sure he’s best as a lone striker and even if he was, he’s definitely not a player for the vardy role. If we utilised him like we did in that Europa league game then we might get something out of him but I reckon we’d need 2 wingers for that. 

Also got to factor in that he’s never really got a consistent run of games because Vardy is the first name on the team sheet 

Absolutely, we either play him in a front two or don't bother. The issue is to play him in a front two requires a change in formation and a possible disruption to the rhythm and momentum we have built this year. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

It's not a case of wether Nacho is good enough for Celtic or even us for that matter. He may look good in Scotland but it still wouldnt make him quick, clinical or direct.

The problem with Nacho isn't that he isn't good enough, it's that his style doesn't suit us as we don't play with two strikers and he needs to be the deeper of two strikers to get the best out of him. 

The reason I said they would make a good pair is that they are two very different strikers with Eduoard suiting our style of play far more.

The point I was trying to make was is Eduoard good enough for us? It’s hard to tell in my opinion. But yes he’s a different player to Nacho.

9 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

The point I was trying to make was is Eduoard good enough for us? It’s hard to tell in my opinion. But yes he’s a different player to Nacho.

I think he is. I suspect he would maybe need a period of adjustment though. If we signed him next month, I reckon next season he would be excellent for him. He looks like he would suit our style. 

9 hours ago, rico said:

West Ham interested in signing him now 

I wouldn't worry about that tbh. We're a greater pull than them. I'm more worried about arsenal or someone from Germany coming in for him.

That said, I reckon he'll stay at celtic till the summer. I doubt celtic will want to sell now with all the problems they've got.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob Farley said:

West Ham will try to sign 23-year-old Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard this month but the French forward would prefer to move to an established top-six side in the Premier League. (Daily Star on Sunday)

Maybe it does matter if the media call us as one of the big six 🙃

I'm sure Edouard is capable of looking at the league table. :mellow:

On 23/01/2021 at 09:25, sdb said:

Sorry, what do you mean by this? I am also not sure Rodgers does have a set way of playing as much anymore, well beyond press, limit passing lanes, transition quick,  it all at the right times.

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I wouldn't worry about that tbh. We're a greater pull than them. I'm more worried about arsenal or someone from Germany coming in for him.

That said, I reckon he'll stay at celtic till the summer. I doubt celtic will want to sell now with all the problems they've got.

As far as who the player would want to come to, I don't see WH being much competition but the problem we DO have with clubs like this being interested is it could push the price up. Last thing we want is a bidding war. 

Celtic's problems won't be solved by keeping hold of Eduoard. Their season is over and they know it. 

Only thing they can do is to try and get as much money as possible for him and if they can, that will be done this month as his valuation will likely be less in a few months time. 

• Like 1