Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2021

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Can blame him for punting his rival off the track 

Serves Verstappen right for swerving like a **** all over the track and turning in to Hamilton who was ALWAYS going to be on the inside.  Verstappen had almost the entire track free on his left but he took a gamble and lost everything.

1 minute ago, BlueSi13 said:

Serves Verstappen right for swerving like a **** all over the track and turning in to Hamilton who was ALWAYS going to be on the inside.  Verstappen had almost the entire track free on his left but he took a gamble and lost everything.

He didn't take a gamble he left so much space, Hamilton took him off

Just now, The Horse's Mouth said:

Well it is

No - he made a mistake, (I wouldn't say it was deliberate, which is why I wouldn't class it as 'cheating') and was given a penalty as per the rules: he won because the penalty wasn't harsh enough to stop him.

1 minute ago, BlueSi13 said:

Have you ever watched F1 before? Because this comment really don’t seem like you have

Just now, PhillippaT said:

No - he made a mistake, (I wouldn't say it was deliberate, which is why I wouldn't class it as 'cheating') and was given a penalty as per the rules: he won because the penalty wasn't harsh enough to stop him.

He won because he took out the person who would've won the race 

• Like 1

He won because he took out the person who would've won the race 

No - he caught up on him leading the championship because he hit Max's car, but to say HE WON because of that, is too much - EDIT: LECLERC HAD EVERY OPPORTUNITY TO WIN THE RACE TODAY.  However, given the race we've seen, it's almost certain Lewis WOULD NOT have won if he'd have been given a greater penalty.

Edited by PhillippaT

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

He didn't take a gamble he left so much space, Hamilton took him off

Verstappen turned in to him despite having the entire track free on his left.  He tried to be ultra aggressive, like every other corner and tried to close the door but Hamilton already had one foot in it.  It could have ended in disaster for either driver frankly.  If Hamilton had spun off Verstappen would have been given the exact same penalty.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, PhillippaT said:

Yeah people are championing for close racing but we ain’t going to get that when a damaged car gets a ten second penalty and still wins comfortably

3 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

No - he caught up on him leading the championship because he hit Max's car, but to say HE WON because of that, is too much - EDIT: LECLERC HAD EVERY OPPORTUNITY TO WIN THE RACE TODAY.  However, given the race we've seen, it's almost certain Lewis WOULD NOT have won if he'd have been given a greater penalty.

Leclerc was driving a dog of a car, he won because his took out his competiton

Tbf I'm quite happy we've got a title challenge, but let's not gloss it up

Ditto. It's been so up and down and I'm still unsure how the it's only 8 points.