Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2021

4 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

This sprint stuff is more like it. Why can’t they have 3 of these at the weekend

Pretty much the same as the opening laps of a GP. The fact they can choose whatever tyres they like though is a definite improvement. 

5 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Pretty much the same as the opening laps of a GP. The fact they can choose whatever tyres they like though is a definite improvement. 

I think it’s the fact they ain’t worried about the tyres wearing out. I’m all for it

Hate to be the contrarian, but I think this has all been a bit shit and has none of the excitement of the final minutes of the regular qualifying.

Hope they scrap this sprint race idea. Just feels like watching a pre-season friendly. No one wants to risk their car for the purpose of starting the proper race 1 place higher.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

If they wanna do a sprint do it after don't ruin qualifying imo 

Qualifying was ruined when they went from 60 minutes no holds bar imo. They’ve got to give the fans more because it’s getting kinda predictable. 

Edited by yorkie1999

4 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Qualifying was ruined when they went from 60 minutes no holds bar imo. They’ve got to give the fans more because it’s getting kinda predictable. 

The qualifying session was way better than this was. I'm not against change, but grid position should be purely on one lap pace

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

The qualifying session was way better than this was. I'm not against change, but grid position should be purely on one lap pace

We’ve still had a qualifying season for this though, which gives entertainment on the Friday. I’ve been to lots of Grand Prix and the Friday is just a dead day from a fan point of view.

9 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

We’ve still had a qualifying season for this though, which gives entertainment on the Friday. I’ve been to lots of Grand Prix and the Friday is just a dead day from a fan point of view.

But it's been decided more on race craft than one lap pace which is wrong. There's plenty of alternatives to this, and I get wanting to make the 3 days more entertaining but this isn't it 

11 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Great news for George Russell .

Gets his first points for Williams .

No he doesn’t 

10 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

If you make the effort to go to a Grand Prix weekend but think watching f1 cars for a couple of hours is “a dead day” I’m not sure why you’re there. Friday is usually my favourite day. First arrival at the track, super relaxing watching the cars, talking with other fans, freedom of all the grandstands… etc. Sure, there’s more action on Sunday but to write off Friday as boring is really weird to me. 

I hate that f1 seems to be going down an Americanised ‘we need action every second’ route. I thought the SPRINT was pretty hideous. Nothing will ever happen at the front because, having lost the position to Max, why on earth would Hamilton risk crashing or losing positions to screw him for tomorrow when 26 points are available, yet he could only gain 2 points on Max by overtaking him in the sprint? 

I’ll admit I’m quite resistant to changing the format, but if we have to then this definitely wasn’t the answer. It also completely ruined qualifying and kills the excitement for drivers. Max sounded super excited to ‘win’ that race didn’t he, and Hamilton’s tidy qualifying lap now counts for absolutely nothing. 

• Like 1