Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2021

4 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

No Australian GP this year .

Taking a very strong approach to COVID and it’s restrictions while others open up completely .

They've just redesigned the track in Melbourne too.

Thought I'd post the new format and times as a reminder for everyone'

DAY SESSION TIME
FRI JUL 16 FP1 1430-1530
FRI JUL 16 Qualifying 1800-1900
SAT JUL 17 FP2 1200-1300
SAT JUL 17 Sprint Qualifying 1630-1700
SUN JUL 18 Race 1500
*All times local    

Sprint Qualifying will be a race run over 100km and lasting around 25-30 minutes. It is designed to provide a short and fast-paced racing spectacle – similar to a Twenty20 cricket match – with drivers racing flat-out from start to finish without the need to pit.

Points will be awarded to the top three finishers, three for the winner down to one point for third. There won’t be a podium ceremony, as that honour will remain the privilege of the top three in Sunday’s Grand Prix, however the winner will get a trophy in Parc Ferme, presented in a similar manner to the tyre the pole-sitter currently from F1’s tyre supplier Pirelli after qualifying now.

The finishing order of the race will define the grid for Sunday’s showpiece event – the Grand Prix, where the traditional format will remain unchanged.

I'll be there, my ticket was rolled over from last year. Can't say that I'm happy that we're getting 90 minutes less F1 track action over the weekend compared to 2019 but it's going to be nice to be back at a race track for the first time in nearly 2 years. 

Another snippet of info for Friday's standard qualifying session. 

"The tyre rules will change for this session, with only soft tyres permitted throughout. As a result, teams and drivers will be free to start Sunday’s race on any compound, rather than having to run the tyre they qualify on in Q2."

Not sure why that is. I'd have thought they would still qualify as normal on Friday, with the Q2 tore the one they start the race on  then use the soft sets for the Sprint Quali.

3 hours ago, Amin said:

I'll be there, my ticket was rolled over from last year. Can't say that I'm happy that we're getting 90 minutes less F1 track action over the weekend compared to 2019 but it's going to be nice to be back at a race track for the first time in nearly 2 years. 

Same feeling here. Got inner track tickets for Friday and found only yesterday the area you can snoop around has been halved. Last week their brief showed it being same as previous years and they only changed it yesterday. Makes sense but I mean this could have been confirmed a long time ago

On 13/07/2021 at 11:13, The Bear said:

Thought I'd post the new format and times as a reminder for everyone'

DAY SESSION TIME
FRI JUL 16 FP1 1430-1530
FRI JUL 16 Qualifying 1800-1900
SAT JUL 17 FP2 1200-1300
SAT JUL 17 Sprint Qualifying 1630-1700
SUN JUL 18 Race 1500
*All times local    

Sprint Qualifying will be a race run over 100km and lasting around 25-30 minutes. It is designed to provide a short and fast-paced racing spectacle – similar to a Twenty20 cricket match – with drivers racing flat-out from start to finish without the need to pit.

Points will be awarded to the top three finishers, three for the winner down to one point for third. There won’t be a podium ceremony, as that honour will remain the privilege of the top three in Sunday’s Grand Prix, however the winner will get a trophy in Parc Ferme, presented in a similar manner to the tyre the pole-sitter currently from F1’s tyre supplier Pirelli after qualifying now.

The finishing order of the race will define the grid for Sunday’s showpiece event – the Grand Prix, where the traditional format will remain unchanged.

Reminder that qualifying is at 6pm tonight, completely forgot!

• Like 1