Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tom27111

Top 5 Games Attended

3 hours ago, Spudulike said:

This was a couple of years before my time but have heard it mentioned on numerous occasions. 

Is there any footage of it? 

I've never seen any but I've never seriously looked in case my cherished memories were somehow destroyed😆.

It was of course man city's championship year - proper 1st Division title.

Edit - just had a quick peep but can't see any vids. 

Edited by Frank Large's Black Book

6 hours ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

There can be only one.....

LEICESTER CITY 4   MAN CITY 3

FA Cup 4th Round Replay

19th February 1968

Attendance 39,107

Scorers

City Lee(6 pen), Summerbee(24), Bell(88)

Leicester Fern(44), Large(48 & 63), Nish(57)

Man City Mulhearn, Book, Pardoe, Doyle, Heslop, Oakes, Lee, Bell, Summerbee, Young, Coleman – sub Connor(unused)

Leicester Shilton, Rodrigues, Bell, Roberts, Cross, Sjoberg, Fern, Nish, Large, Stringfellow, Gibson

Started going down Filbo about a month before we signed Frank Large and I loved him. My all time favourite. On Braunstone Park the other kids were Georgie Best or Dennis Law but I was Frank Large. This would be one of the great games I have been to along with    

2016. City 2 Liverpool 0

Playoff Final v Derby

League Cup Final v Boro at Hillsborough

F.A. Cup Semifinal v West Brom in 1969

I’m loving this thread. So many shared memories. Great idea @tom27111.

a personal highlight from one of the games mentioned. I think around 20 minutes into the Swansea 4-0 in 2016 the whole ground appeared to stand and simply applaud. No specific chant, just applause, as if there was a collective realisation that what we were witnessing was one of the greatest ever sporting stories, and it was happening to our Club.

It was a spine tingling and for me deeply moving experience.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great question

1) Man City 1-3 Leicester- 2016- The day we believed we go could go on and win the league after taking to pieces a pretty much world class Man City side.

2) Leicester 2-0 Sevilla- 2017- Being the only English side left in Europe, the tie had every thing an atmosphere, suspense, sending's off, penalties saved and most importantly reaching the quarter finals of the champions league.

3) Leicester 5-3 Man Utd- 2014- The famous come back

4) Nottingham Forest 2-3 Leicester- 2013- Despite an disappointing end to the season, Leicester went to Nottingham with glimmer of hope of still reaching the play offs. A day full of drama, which seen but in an heroic performance with a late goal from Knocky beating our rivals in red stopping them getting in but us sneaking back in. 

5) Leicester 3-1 Everton- 2016- Winning the premier league simple as and great performance to finish a remarkable season. With a song or two from Andrea.

• Thanks 1

Great thread but I doubt I could do a top 5.

A game that's out the box but sticks in my mind was beating Southampton 2-0 at home on 9th of May 2015. 

Sunderland had won at Everton in the lunchtime kick off and I was nervous as fuch before the game as we were still in a really precarious position. 

Mahrez bagged 2 early ones and our fans were excellent that day. 

Swansea at home a few weeks before was similar. 

I still think had that Swansea player gone down for a penalty, it could easily have gone 1-1 and we'd have probably been down to 10 men. 

Small margins 💙

I've been to hundreds of games at the kp but have never, ever heard as much of a cheer for as goal as for Vardys to make it 4-3 against united.  That was something else.  Even if you watch it now on YouTube, the pitch of the cheer is higher than a normal goal.  It was surreal.

• Like 2

Games I was at that stick out in the memory... not always the best games, but meant the world to me.

Grimsby Town 1 - 2 Leicester 2002 - Chasing promotion, went down to ten men and then Muzzy scored the best goal I've ever seen. Plus I got home and found out my wife was pregnant with my daughter.

Leicester 4 - 0 Leeds 2003 - That Nalis goal, plus smashing Leeds is always hilarious.

Bolton 0 - 1 Leicester 2014 - hadn't been to a game for a while because of work and managed to get a ticket to see us win the Championship. Had a gig the next day that I had to cancel because I couldn't speak after singing so much.

Leicester 2 - Palace 1 1996 - Good old Claridge shinned it in whilst everyone was distracted by us bringing Spider on.

Southend 0 - Leicester 2 2009 - The League One season was one of my favourites as I got to go to so many stadiums I hadn't been to before, but was also the last season that I did maybe 80 per cent of games.  I was working for Radio Leicester at the time and convinced them to let me host my show from Southend Beach in the morning, then watched the game sat in the press box.  Was told not to celebrate if we scored, massively celebrated, saw us clinch the league one title, hugged Pearson on the pitch afterwards 😂

I didn't miss many games from around 94 to 2009, but then work got in the way and now I'm lucky if I get to three games a year.  Genuinely jealous of everyone who got to see the rise and rise of the club in person, how lucky we all are to have seen these days.

Edited by jimsmallman
omission
  • Thanks 1

Leicester vs Seville - I’ve never ever felt the emotion before during or after any Leicester game. The greatest night in the clubs history ( I’m not including the Chelsea spurs game because it wasn’t Leicester playing ) 

Wimbledon vs Leicester ( Coca Cola cup semi final 2nd leg. Unbelievable feeling of reaching a cup final. When Grayson goal went in the place exploded. People on the pitch the emotion of singing que sera sera after the game. 

Leicester vs Middlesbrough ( Coca Cola cup final replay. Special night in Sheffield. We actually deserve to win but it was the fact after the game of thinking we have won a trophy. Spine tingling atmosphere and never will forget singing ... we’re going Europe we’re going Europe your not your not. Leicester city in Europe :cry:

Leicester vs Everton ( last home game of the title winning season. I wish I could live this game back for the rest of my life. I don’t think it will ever get as good as this again. A lot of joy but a lot of grown men/women crying. People thinking of all the years supporting Leicester and knowing we finally got our moment in the sun. If football had a ending, this would be it.

Leicester vs Tottenham (last game ever at filbert street. Crap season but perfect ending. Emotion running high and the reality setting in of this is it. Was like going to a wake. Remembering the good/bad times, knowing it was over but not wanting to admit it. A lot of people’s childhood memories gone forever. I’m so glad I was there. Rest in peace old girl 

• Like 1

A few people have mentioned the Wimbledon semi final. I was there at Selhurst Park for that too.

Does anyone remember the fog driving home?

Literally couldn't see the end of the bonnet driving back home round the M25, scariest thing ever, but did we care?? lol

3-3 v Fulham League Cup Quarter in 2000. We won the game on pens. We were 2-0 down in second half and their second was from a horror pass from Walshie. If anyone didn’t grow up watching the O’Neil era but wants to know “fight” in that team - watch that game. Walshie made amends for his error by scoring the equaliser (2-2). We then went 3-2 down in extra time before Marshall equalised again.

5-3 v Man U. The come back was incredible.

2-0 Liverpool - that Vardy goal and the celebration in the stands - a mixture of disbelief and ecstasy.

3-3 Arsenal - What a game.

3-1 Everton. We bossed the game but incredible just for the after party. 

I'm going to be be very greedy and go for 10...

The top 5 are massive, historic moments for our club & have been mentioned plenty of times

5-0 Cambridge (Play-off semi-final)

2-1 Palace (Play-off final)

1-0 Middlesbrough (Coca Cola Cup final)

5-2 Sunderland (Heskey/Collymore)

2-0 Sevilla

But for a more personal 5, I'd go for

3-2 Swindon - 2-0 down with 8 mins to go!

4-4 Villa - First away game in the top flight - big stadium, evening game, had everything

2-1 Sunderland - Worthing Cup semi-final away leg - that stadium is massive - particularly when sitting in the front row. It probably hasn't had many packed out massive night games, but what an atmosphere when it is.

3-3 Fulham (won on Penalties) - was working in London at the time, but we had a training week in Leicester of all places, so took a few workmates along to the kop. Love watching the video, as I had a yellow shirt on & was right behind the goal, so you can see me jumping up & down higher & higher as each penalty was scored/missed

2-1 Chelsea - 15/16 - hadn't made it yet that season, so felt a bit remote watching it all on TV, but what a game - the Mahrez goal, the end of Mourinho & I understood that rather than being the fun ride it had been, we had a very good side & it could happen...

When you sit back, its incredible what this club has given us over the years. So tough to keep out so many games (My 1st game/Lineker's last home game, 4-4 at Spurs, the 1-0 loss to Man Utd when the whole ground stood, the game at Filbert St, the home games to Athletico Madrid, the Tranmere/Sunderland semi-final home legs, the other Wembley finals, even taking my kids to their first game: a pre-season 4-0 at Cambridge).

It brings it home a bit when you think of Sunderland (who have made an appearance in all 3 of my lists as were Lineker's last home game). I was at Uni in the North East, and the support for that club is massive and they have an incredible stadium fit for top half Premier League/Europe. To see where they are now, and to look at what their achievements have been over a similar period just shows how lucky we are.

1974 - Leicester 4 Luton 0 FA Cup that goal by Weller

2016 Man City 1 Leicester 3 Robert Huth and I knew we would win the league after this.

2016 Crystal Palace away won 1 0 stood at the end on my seat singing non stop we are going to win the league until we were all told to go home

2016 Spurs 1 0 away just to shut those clowns up - knew we would win the league

2016 Everton home Andrea Bocelli everything about that glorious day and year.....

plenty of others too going back years but that title winning season will long live in the memory............

This is a tough one...

Leeds (H) in 2009. Pretty much secured the League One title, which after a few years of struggles was a god-send. And that Steve Howard goal is still probably the loudest roar I've ever heard at a football game. (I missed the earthquake goal due to a christening in Scotland).

Forest (A) in 2013. Not won at the City Ground in the league for (I think) over 20 years. Need to win to get in the play-offs. 2-2 into injury time and Forest on the offensive. Up steps everyone's favourite mercurial little frenchman Anthony Knockaert to finish a counter attack and cue delirium and pandemonium in equal measure.

Celtic (H) in 2002. My last ever game at Filbert Street so even though we were crap, they were in their MON pomp and the game mattered little, it's in there for me. Oh, and the Celtic fans in the top tier of the Double Decker lobbing things down on us in the bottom tier made it feel like a real game from a bygone era, which as a 16 year old was both scary and exciting.

Man Utd (H) in 2014. Needs no explanation. However, Cambiasso :wub:

Atletico Madrid (A) in 2017. Not the best game, and of course we lost. But to see us to go the Estadio Vicente Calderón and put in a gutsy performance away to a top European side was brilliant. A proper European football theatre and a brilliant day to boot. Loved Madrid as a city.

A hugely notable mention for Everton at home when we finally got the Premier League trophy. But the game was lost in amongst everything else (including copious amounts of Singha).

Edited by Incognito

1) Leicester 3-1 Everton - Just surreal.

2) Man City 1-3 Leicester - Probably the day that we all believed that we could win the league.

3) West Brom 2-3 Leicester - We all believed that the great escape was on but that Vardy goal was probably one of the club's most important moments EVER.

4) Leicester 2-0 Sevilla - Twisted ankle when Albrighton scored in front of the Kop lol

5) Leicester 5-3 Manchester United - Four goals in twenty one minutes and the 'Leicester Reds' flag disappearing in the United end lol

Honorable mentions to Howard's goal vs Leeds, the Knockaert free-kick against Sheffield Wednesday and Paul Gallagher's goal in the 3-0 win against Forest.

19 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Great question

1) Man City 1-3 Leicester- 2016- The day we believed we go could go on and win the league after taking to pieces a pretty much world class Man City side.

2) Leicester 2-0 Sevilla- 2017- Being the only English side left in Europe, the tie had every thing an atmosphere, suspense, sending's off, penalties saved and most importantly reaching the quarter finals of the champions league.

3) Leicester 5-3 Man Utd- 2014- The famous come back

4) Nottingham Forest 2-3 Leicester- 2013- Despite an disappointing end to the season, Leicester went to Nottingham with glimmer of hope of still reaching the play offs. A day full of drama, which seen but in an heroic performance with a late goal from Knocky beating our rivals in red stopping them getting in but us sneaking back in. 

5) Leicester 3-1 Everton- 2016- Winning the premier league simple as and great performance to finish a remarkable season. With a song or two from Andrea.

Just scrolled up to find that yours are exactly the same as mine bar the West Brom game. Always forget about that Schmeichel penalty save against N'zonzi, what a moment that was!

Guest Bert Fill

This is hard!!

In no particular order:

Derby play-off final - Sheer joy. Eventually.

”Walshie, wherever you may be...”

Swindon play-off final just for that absolutely unbelievable feeling when our third went in.

The 5-2 win v Sunderland just before everything fell apart. The future looked brilliant...

3-0 v Stoke in the title-winning season. I’d never before seen us look so utterly dominant and so like one of the good teams who usually do that sort of thing to us.

And the last game at Filbert Street even though it was really sad and I still miss the place.