Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Siege Mentality

It's all about the unity and mentality of the squad at this point.  Enough talent is available to get us to the Cup final and top four.

Big test for Rodgers to instill the right mentality, and a degree of harmony, in an atmosphere poisoned by mistrust.

Season defining week.  We'll know Sunday night how the rest of it is likely to go.

It has worked for us in the past. Reminds me of the Ranieri sacking and look at the run we went on.

I'd like to think that BR, JV & KS will inject rockets up their bums and they will respond in the best way possible starting at Wembley. There's a lot riding on those individuals and their careers as well for different reasons - the aspirations of JM and HB as well as the reputation and expected responsibility of WM and his future at he club after playing the game. 

There are only 2 options at this point. The whole team galvanizes and proves a big point or they collapse. The latter is not acceptable!

yes the seniors should fire the others up but they have lost a little credibility in the changing room. Kasper and Vardy hardly were at their best yesterday. As for our fearless captain Morgan sheez I’m so disappointed in him.

9 minutes ago, Fox42 said:

It has worked for us in the past. Reminds me of the Ranieri sacking and look at the run we went on.

I'd like to think that BR, JV & KS will inject rockets up their bums and they will respond in the best way possible starting at Wembley. There's a lot riding on those individuals and their careers as well for different reasons - the aspirations of JM and HB as well as the reputation and expected responsibility of WM and his future at he club after playing the game. 

.....and Brendan Rodgers

Not sure if that group has it in them tbf. Under all the bravado and fancy gear they strike me as quite insecure. 

Guess we’ll see. Certainly a siege mentality will be adopted by the fans!

7 minutes ago, KFS said:

Not sure if that group has it in them tbf. Under all the bravado and fancy gear they strike me as quite insecure. 

Guess we’ll see. Certainly a siege mentality will be adopted by the fans!

Most definitely, the king power will be a theatre off noise!

59 minutes ago, davieG said:

Now that the Covid story has surfaced and following our last 2 results it seems to have given every man and his dog pundit the opportunity they seems to have been relishing at the thought of to dismiss us and write us off.

The players need to regroup and use it to establish a siege mentality with a total focus on the last 8/9 games and stick 🖔 Reversed Victory Hand Emoji to the baying pack and show them we are not bottlers and can and will succeed.

Foxes Never Quit!

Hear! Hear!

Starts with the fans also, the doom merchants will have plenty of time to piss and moan in the summer if top 4 doesn't happen. In the meantime stop wetting the bed and get behind the team and manager!

Sitting third, champions league qualification in our own hands, in an FA Cup semi-final! Caaaam on!

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Fox42 said:

...where is the confirmation, of Wes Morgan being a part of this, in anyway!!!

As I said in another thread unfortunately we have a few unlikeable players in our squad and not unlikeable in a good way either - not useful or helpful for the winning mentality, the ‘nasty’ types as in your Keane’s and Neville’s or in our case Kapser’s and Vardy’s who I respect for their no nonsense, hard work, endeavour, focus and winning mentality.

I think we have two types of players in our team. One type with have the siege mentality in them the other are just unlikeable pretty boy, party boys who when the going gets tough find it easier to hide (quite literally of the reports are to believed, whilst the silence speaks volumes).

Time for certain players to step up.

Important as well that if this does galvanise and motivate the squad that it carries through until the end of the season. Instead of just firing us up in the next match and then going back to being passive and slow for the match after.

That was the problem at the end of last season. We beat Palace and it felt like we'd proved a point, but it was a false dawn, and then same again against Sheffield United.

Only way to prove people wrong is to prove to people that we can play well and play aggressively in all the matches between now and the end of the season. That's the only way we are going to stay in the top 4.

When we were top of the league during our PL winning season.. The effort and mentality of the players was first class every game...

Although we are not top, CL is in our grasp..I just dont see that same desire from this crop of players..

we play with fear.. almost a half hearted ness about our play...And this is after last seasons capitulation of not securing CL football.