Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Danny Ward - New Deal until 2025

4 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

A good move by the Club to secure him for another 4 years. He's an excellent Keeper to have in the squad though you'd have to maybe question his ambition.

Still that's for him to decide.

I liken it to the Brian McClair situation at Utd in the 80s signed for big money had a good season or two then disappeared to the reserves. He Stayed their for 10 years or so.

A very talented Scottish International yet became a bit part player at Utd. Mind you he was well paid and maybe that was his motivation, Or maybe he didn't like getting kicked around every week.

Who knows why players choose these paths.

Delighted to have you on board again Danny.

I find this a very strange analogy he spent 11 seasons at Utd and played over 450 games.

In fact he never played less than 20 games in a single season and that was the last he was there. 

A good season or 2? Only 3 seasons did he play less than 40 games out of the 11 he was there. 

Hardly what I would class as a bit part player. 

When he joined Schmeichel had not completed the season due to injury so there was a chance he'd play more but not to be.

Our previous back-ups were Conrad Logan and Ben Hamer- if he's happy to do that role then fine. We don't know how long Schmeichel will keep up the consistency.

I like Danny. He's been a good no.2 and not done much wrong when asked to play. In an ideal world if we were able to combine him and Kasper that would be perfect! Saying that Kasper needs to be pushed more for the no.1 spot. Need someone like Martinez at Villa maybe? 

3 hours ago, Rain King said:

Appearances and goals each season he was there including cup/Europe. Anyway, going off topic sorry!

Screenshot_20210415-141739_Samsung Internet.jpg

Not that it matters. I'm not sure were you are getting these from but according to his Wiki he played 355 times and many of them were as a sub. He did score 127 goals for utd.

Either way he was a good player and picked up plenty of trophies at utd.

25 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Not that it matters. I'm not sure were you are getting these from but according to his Wiki he played 355 times and many of them were as a sub. He did score 127 goals for utd.

Either way he was a good player and picked up plenty of trophies at utd.

Wiki only shows League appearances unless you look further down at the career stats.

Soccerbase:

Screenshot_20210415-175113_Samsung Internet~2.jpg

3 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

I like Danny. He's been a good no.2 and not done much wrong when asked to play. In an ideal world if we were able to combine him and Kasper that would be perfect! Saying that Kasper needs to be pushed more for the no.1 spot. Need someone like Martinez at Villa maybe? 

Do you honestly think Martinez would leave Villa to come here as competition for Kasper lol 

Bet it's a great life being a backup keeper who's happy with being a backup keeper honestly. I don't think they'd do it if they didn't get any job satisfaction - it presumably comes from being in and around the club, low pressure, good rapport with team mates, they probably help with coaching and teaching the young keepers and stuff. Good money, secure job.

For many footballers they wouldn't fancy it and would rather go find regular football but I bet for some they love it. I don't mean it as any criticism of Ward, he's a decent keeper and it's entirely his prerogative if he wants a quiet life.

I like the potential of Iversen too. Only young still. Ward is 27.

Kasper cannot go on forever so at the minute it makes sense, plus we paid £12m for him in the first place..

Like I say though I do hope Iversen gets a shot at the number 1 spot too.

31 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I like the potential of Iversen too. Only young still. Ward is 27.

Kasper cannot go on forever so at the minute it makes sense, plus we paid £12m for him in the first place..

Like I say though I do hope Iversen gets a shot at the number 1 spot too.

Yeah the club has high hopes for Iversen. Hopefully he will join a top 6 championship club next season, get promoted & then gain PL experience similar to Dean Henderson's rise. By that point, Iversen might be ready to replace Kasper.