Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

League table, different view

13 minutes ago, hackenbacker said:

Does this mean that if we finish 5th we still qualify cause the champions league will be won by either Man City of Chelsea who would already have qualified by virtue of finishing in the top four. I know i am fishing here and truth be told after winning the FA (Fvcking Awesome) Cup the Champions League seems that little less important! 

If we come 2nd, 3rd or 4th we qualify for CL. If we come 5th we do not.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, hackenbacker said:

Does this mean that if we finish 5th we still qualify cause the champions league will be won by either Man City of Chelsea who would already have qualified by virtue of finishing in the top four. I know i am fishing here and truth be told after winning the FA (Fvcking Awesome) Cup the Champions League seems that little less important! 

We get 4 places as standard with a maximum of 5 places that only happens if a team qualifies for the CL by winning the CL or Europa League and haven't already qualified.

Chelsea finish fifth and win the CL they qualify as champions and the PL gets a fifth spot in the CL. If we finish fifth and Chelsea win the CL we don't qualify because we haven't finished top 4 nor won CL or EL.

It does get tricky if two teams who have finished outside the top 4 qualify by winning a European competition, so imagine Chelsea finish fifth and win CL and Arsenal finish 8th but win the Europa League, which was a possibility, then 4th place misses out because we have a maximum of 5 places for English teams. CL winner, EL winner and top 3 qualify.

Edited by Captain...
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, hackenbacker said:

No. Would have only happened if Arsenal would have won the europa, and I guess if Chelsea finish 5th but win champions league, but don't quote me on the last one.

• Like 1

* Updated after Chelsea 2-1 Leicester City
Position Team Played GF GD PTS
3 Chelsea 7 57 23 23
4 Leicester City 7 66 20 22
5 Liverpool 6 63 21 19
* I will remove teams who can no longer catch or no longer be caught when necessary

* Updated after Burnley 0-3 Liverpool
3 Chelsea 7 57 23 23
4 Liverpool 7 66 24 22
5 Leicester City 7 66 20 22
* I will remove teams who can no longer catch or no longer be caught when necessary
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, lcfcfoz said:
* Updated after Burnley 0-3 Liverpool
3 Chelsea 7 57 23 23
4 Liverpool 7 66 24 22
5 Leicester City 7 66 20 22

I think that this might now have become a tad redundant :) 

Guest Bert Fill
5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

No harm was done in the making of this thread...

None at all.

And much merriment has been created by it!